• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Sunarep said:
After 3-4 episodes one can usually tell what kind of tv series it is

I have to agree with this. Three to four episodes in is when I usually stop watching a new series and go back to watching Adam-12 on Netflix streaming. That's what is happening with this show also. Just not enough there to sustain any interest.

I'm in agreement. It's a well produced show, but nothing there really demanding me to come back. I'll give it another episode or two but think I'll be dropping it.

Sunarep said:
...where the conflicts are mostly episodic and immediately dealt with

I would be ok with a serial format if it were good. Heck, it might even be refreshing.

Funny how some shows take a really long time to pull you in... or just fail in doing so. At the moment AOS has been very, shall we say... unremarkable and somewhat boring. Compare that to the pilot I just watched for Dracula, which quite honestly had me gripped from the word go and by the end had me already looking forward to ep 2.

I thought this past week's ep, "F.Z.Z.T.", was pretty good despite a not-great start, and I'm definitely looking forward to the November 19th one picking up from the events of The Dark World. Also, in case anyone reading this missed it, here's the Fury cameo from the second ep. That last line cracks me up every time. :)

Anyone notice the side of the truck Ward and Fritz magnabagged on was labelled YOYODYNE? Buckaroo Banzai lives! lol!

Well, that was.... average?

For a heavily promoted tie-in to THOR 2, there a lot of name dropping and humorous comments/observations, but as usual, I think I was expecting something bigger and more directly connected to the movie.

But even all that would have been okay if not for some the worst character miscasting I have seen in a very long time...

Peter MacNicol... Asgardian Berzerker?!?!

I love the actor, I have grown up watching him my whole life, he is incredibly gifted and wonderfully entertaining but Asgardian Badass he is not! Or even Asgardian Mason who "broke rocks all day".... really???? LOL

I want to love this show so much. I continue to watch avidly every week, and while the actual character stuff is excellent imo, the stories tying everything together have been only mediocre to good. For a show with this much network support and talent behind the camera, this show should be much better than this imo. Is it the Disney "safe" time slot? Too many executives in the kitchen? I dunno. But so far, Mr. Whedon has not brought us his "A" game to this show. The only thing truly holding my attention is Coulson and the Tahiti mystery....

Coulson was the only real interesting thing for in in Agents. With the little time I have I ultimately dropped it from the shows I watch. I had high hopes for this show, not because it's Marvel but because of Whedon, but I guess his brother just doesn't have the chops his brother does.

I've been quite patient and understanding with this show, but this ep flat-out sucked; the worst yet by far.

No Dr. Selvig cameo? No discussion of the big convergence event? Lame and lame. The actual plot? Even lamer. The generic baddies are getting old, Skye is getting more annoying by the ep, and Ward's constant flips from quip-happy fighter to darkness-haunted warrior are a chore to sit through. I don't care what happened to him as a kid. Or about Skye's parents. Peter MacNicol was the only good thing about this ep, but instead of really exploring his personality and experiences, we're all in a rush to punch some random person again, and rip off John Carter's big battle scene.

I'm fine with this show not having too many superpowered people, let alone costumed heroes. But there's gotta be something else to hold our interest, and the writing needs to get a lot better.

^ I gotta agree with you on most of this. I tried the show again and there really isn't enough to hold the viewer's interest.

Speaking personally though, I would like to see some sperpowered costumed types show up.

I'm enjoying the show for what it is - focusing on background characters of a larger (and generally much more interesting) world. It isn't great by any means, and has some issues. Provided the arc stuff (Coulson, Sky's parents, Centipede) are wrapped up, I wouldn't mind if they ended it after one season. If they keep going, I'll stick with it. Got nothing better to do most Tuesday nights, anyway.

I'm pretty confident things will get nice and interesting around the time of Cap 2 at the latest, what with all the SHIELD dramz people are getting from its trailer. Question is, then, how much of the time between now and then will be barely serialized one-off stories, and how good will the writing be. I'll definitely stick with the show 'cause I'm a MCU completist, but I do hope it gets better before too long. :p

Anyone else get the impression that the last episode was hastily re-written at the eleventh hour? We awkwardly transition from the Marvel-ized version of of a slasher scenario to... I don't even know. That resolution was bizarre and unsatisfying.

Yeah, they've wimped out on having actual bad guys as one-off antagonists several times in less than ten eps, and the resulting Saturday-morning cartoon show vibe is getting pretty damn old. I think part of the problem is that SHIELD is seen to have so many resources and gadgets and badasses that any real fight is likely to be severely mismatched in our heroes' favor.

220691.jpg

Well at least the second half is starting up a lot better than the first. If the series can at minimum meet this episode in quality for the rest of the season, I can see it getting a second season, and maybe then eventually become really good sometime down the road.

Finally its getting interesting. Maybe this will lead to something worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom