• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

So, I'll admit, I'm not as gung ho about this series as I thought I was. I didn't watch the midseason break until yesterday before last night's episode. Really, it stood out just how much I was watching the series out of a sense of obligation. I don't watch a lot of live-action TV and that goes double for ensemble TV (I have yet to watch Buffy and I need to finish/rewatch Firefly), but I doubt the restrained TV budget is interfering with the quality of the show. I can't help but feel that Joss' work on Avengers 2, in addition to Marvel Studios just not caring about the show, results in the show's quality.

At least with this episode, things are taking a semblance of a step in the right direction.
Mike Peterson's going to make more appearances, and Skye has a great part in the episode by impersonating Minda May, Ward gets a dark chuckle with his interrogation technique, and I was genuinely happy when Coulson saw his team again. Though, I really hope there's more to his resurrection than just "science." I want to see to him get stabbed or shot where his heart would be, only for nothing to be there. Maybe life model decoys are more cyborg in nature in this universe

Well, since this is a Whedon show, who do you think's going to die? I imagine Minda May, since it would be devastating for the team to lose their heavy hitter, but I don't like the idea of her death helping to give motivation to Ward, despite him needing more flavor.

I found the Coulson retrieval ep pretty lame, but "Seeds", while not great, was a big improvement on several levels; I've been impatient to see more of Quinn from "The Asset", and Skye's backstory was considerably more interesting than I'd expected, and helped justify her place on the team. After a long stretch of four clunkers, this was the first good ep since "The Hub".

Ah, that explains that line about the early days of SHIELD and their conflict with the remnants of HYDRA. Clever. I think the last two episodes were a huge improvement. Hope February's batch are of similar quality.

So it is official, as many of us suspected, J. August will become Deathlok.

Could be interesting. Might inject some much needed "dangerous/unpredictable" energy to the show.

Now if only they would do the Doyle on Ward.... maybe that is the "gamechanger" they are hinting at in the new promos?

Another quality episode. But we have to wait another month for the next one?! I have a sinking feeling that whoever's in charge of scheduling the show is trying to force a cancellation.

Aye, a pretty good ep, right up there with "Eye Spy" and the pilot as the series' best to date.

Supposedly the month-long gap between eps is an Olympic thing. As if I didn't care little enough about the Olympics already... :p

I reeeeaaalllly wanna see Punisher as a quasi-villian/untrustworthy ally in a Spider-Man movie someday, and don't think he'd work at all on SHIELD. I respect Chapman most of the time, but frankly, that list is stupid. The show has to be very careful not to muck up the MCU with too many costumed heroes - it needs goood writing, not a huge slew of names hard-core comic geeks can cross off a list. And the writing has been shaky so far, no question, but the past two episodes were pretty good.

I like where this arc is heading... but it looks like the show is being preempted again next week in favor of a Marvel Cinematic Universe making of special or something. I can't remember the last time we had more than two episodes broadcast in a row. Frustrating.

That was a great episode!
...aside from the rape...

^ I've been watching so much Dollhouse lately I didn't even notice it. :p

Also pretty sure a male agent intentionally clocking a female agent wouldn't be played for laughs. Oh well, a solid ep indeed...

Be advised that tonight's Marvel Universe special has a pretty big spoiler for The Winter Soldier that they'd otherwise avoided in the trailers thus far. Consider yourself warned.

Now that was an episode. First truly great one of the series, as far as I'm concerned.

I think May's innocent. Or at least, really working directly for Fury, and not the Clairvoyant - and that he/she is manipulating SHIELD into tearing itself apart. Also... that ending. Wow. It's shameless cross-promotion, but Marvel does it better than anybody.

So, tonight's episode...

So yeah, it was good. I actually got a little pissed that the stinger was just a sneak peek at Cap 2, which is saying a LOT.

DEPARTMENT H!!!!! :canada::canada:

Seriously, absolutely the BEST episode so far this season, and the teaser for next week looks amazing!

Now bring on ALPHA FLIGHT! lol

No, that wasn't as good an ep as "The Asset", "Eye Spy", "Tracks" or "Yes Men". As a single piece, it wasn't even that good. But, of course, it isn't a single piece; it's a transition ep. And I agree, it's obvious May is working for Fury, not Hand.

So if you have not seen CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER yet, you better hurry up, as the events will connect back directly to the next episode of Agents of SHIELD.

This may explain why there have been so many reruns of the series so early on, they could not let the series get ahead or reveal the big changes happening to the Marvel Cinemaverse.

Back
Top Bottom