• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

A New Hope Revisited: Special Edition

lantern51 said:
While I'm in this edit, I was thinking about making a trim here and there. Just a nip-tuck, nothing drastic. One thing I was unsure of is the part after 3PO and R2 are in the escape pod and the cut to the guy saying to hold fire that it must be a malfunction isn't the worst thing, but it is a little funny considering the situation. I could cut that little scene out? What do you guys think?

I think it's fine.  Why blow up an empty escape pod?  The Empire can recover it later.  It's not a glaring plot issue like a few things in later films.

If you start picking at anything that's not really necessary to service the plot, or taking out things that don't totally match, Star Wars films unravel pretty fast.  They're plotted more for fun than script tightness.  I think edits should be made in that spirit.

lantern51 said:
I did an updated 4 minutes with all the corrections mentioned if anyone would like to check it out. No more skipping in the video, lightsaber sound is added back in, and the frame with the wrong 3PO shot is gone. 

I forgot to add a previous fix in the music at 2:15 so there is a skip. I fixed it before and when I did the other fixes I forgot about that one lol.  

I am trying out new software for this. It's an old version of Pinnacle Studio. There are some things I really like in this and I'll see if I keep it or not.
I'll take a look.

lantern51 said:
While I'm in this edit, I was thinking about making a trim here and there. Just a nip-tuck, nothing drastic. One thing I was unsure of is the part after 3PO and R2 are in the escape pod and the cut to the guy saying to hold fire that it must be a malfunction isn't the worst thing, but it is a little funny considering the situation. I could cut that little scene out? What do you guys think?

The scene never personally bothered me.

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well and are safe! 

I haven't updated in a while. I have been working extra hard to try and keep my job a float. So progress here has been minimal. This edit has been my main focus out of the 2 projects that I have been working and for now, will be the only one until this gets finished.

Hi again all. I wanted to give a quick update. I think I'm in the home stretch here. All that is left (Unless someone catches something I missed) is the blend and in some spots re-score the audio for the SC-38 parts and it can be viewed. 

Hope you and your families are all doing well!

Excited to see. When the V2 of Revisted comes out, are you going to patch this in?

revel911 said:
Excited to see. When the V2 of Revisted comes out, are you going to patch this in?

I might switch out the 720 for the 1080 when it comes out. Depends on what is going on at that moment.

Did some color correction to the SC38 to make it match up better. 

Made 3 cuts to the movie, let see if you can find them  :D

I have a little more audio to correct from what I can tell on my very limited sound system lol.

Have you looked at AI upscaling? I have thought about upscaling to 4k once it's posted.

revel911 said:
Have you looked at AI upscaling? I have thought about upscaling to 4k once it's posted.

I haven't to be honest. Not sure if that would make the picture better or worse lol. But my computer wouldn't be able to handle anything like that.

Uploading to Mega now. I haven't watched this yet to look for any issues, but I know that you guys will help me out if there is anything. 

BTW... I decided that the Death Star in this didn't need the update. So don't look for anything new there.

While waiting for the Mega to upload (that seems to take forever), I watched the edited parts on my TV. I made some notes on things I need to fix and a couple of spots I feel I can do better on. 

With that in mind, I am still uploading this as is; so if anyone else wants to preview this while I am working on the updates I caught, let me know.

Hey guys... Quick update. So much happening in life right now. Looking to buy a new place, working lots of hours, and just got a new computer and setting it up. Re-linking every single thing I did in the edit is tedious and fun  :dodgy:

Anyway, I wanted to give a quick update. I don't want anyone to thin I am abandoning you... Everyone here has been great and supportive (unusual for online/social media lol). 

Hope everyone is safe and happy!

OK guys... I have a preview ready! Let me know what I over looked please! PM me...

If anyone has watched the edit, please let me know. I am waiting to hear back before I go into and do some touchups

I didn't see many problems with it mate. The Rogue One footage was worked very well into the edit and introduced Vader in a far more menacing way. I think the Obi-Wan vs Vader scenes were great. Maybe a touch up on Obi-Wan's reinserted face? That's all really. For some reason I really enjoyed the pacing throughout this edit. It's nice to have in my collection, so overall well done with it!

DAVIE said:
I didn't see many problems with it mate. The Rogue One footage was worked very well into the edit and introduced Vader in a far more menacing way. I think the Obi-Wan vs Vader scenes were great. Maybe a touch up on Obi-Wan's reinserted face? That's all really. For some reason I really enjoyed the pacing throughout this edit. It's nice to have in my collection, so overall well done with it!

Thank you for saying that! So you know, I will eventually do a Return of the Jedi cut as well as the sequel trilogy and Rogue One. I'm not doing the Prequels because as far I'm concerned, Q2 has the perfect edit of those. But with the movies I touched, I wanted to have a consistent collection.

lantern51 said:
DAVIE said:

Thank you for saying that! So you know, I will eventually do a Return of the Jedi cut as well as the sequel trilogy and Rogue One. I'm not doing the Prequels because as far I'm concerned, Q2 has the perfect edit of those. But with the movies I touched, I wanted to have a consistent collection.

Good luck with them. It'll be interesting to see what you will do with Return of the Jedi as I've seen a couple of different ones.

I concur with @"DAVIE"  about the edit, nothing glaringly wrong from my perspective, and I didn't even notice the bit with Obi-Wan's face strangely enough...my eyes for spotting these kinds of things requires a little more focusing sometimes. I think you've been making remarkable progress and you'll be well on your way to approval soon

Good luck with your other SW edits too

Back
Top Bottom