• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

A Game of Thrones (SPOILER EDITION)

geminigod said:
John Snow

geminigod said:
(I'm horrible with names and too lazy to look them up.)

I say. :-D

I think the compression of characters/story archs etc for TV is very well done (it's almost like a fanedit of the books!), the first things I noticed in earlier seasons took me by surprise a bit, but now I just enjoy the ride.

Major spoilers for non-book readers:

That bastard torturer is so awesome. "I forgot to tell you I'm a liar." part was delivered perfectly. "Please, cut it off!"

I wonder when the Robb visit the Freys? Having the Red Wedding intercut with The Tyrell/Lannister/Stark wedding would be a powerful season finale, don't ya'll think?

shhhh, some things yet to pass should not even be spoke of in spoiler tags. :p

As a book reader I feel like a prophet. I know the future! Waaa. Kinda wish I didn't.

geminigod said:
Yeah the climbing scene was well done. A couple shots of the wall were fakey looking, but it definitely got my heart rate up!

The falcon warg guy and John Snow were even more at each other's throats in the book. In the show, I'm not even sure if anybody realizes that John is a warg, because his wolf has never been around.

things that I think are deviations from the book: Mellisandre's meeting with the brotherhood and Robert Borathian's bastard child (young blacksmith kid with Arya) being taken away by her. (I'm horrible with names and too lazy to look them up.) I think this is an attempt to keep that actor more present in the story, because he kinda disappears in the books. Presumably he'll resurface later in the books, but none of the characters that the 3rd person limited narration follow are near him.

Somebody please correct me if my memory is getting any of this wrong.

In falcon dude's defense, the other big guy was holding all three of them. Not a good situation.

It serves as two purposes, one to keep a familiar character more involved, and 2 to eliminate the need for the Edric Storm character from the books.

Wasn't Edric a different bastard of Robert's? I am forgetting what the deal was with that dude.

geminigod said:
Wasn't Edric a different bastard of Robert's? I am forgetting what the deal was with that dude.

Yes, and he is where Melissandre gets the "blood of a king" for her "magic" trick that leads to the RW among other things. He is later smuggled out of there by Davos when they want to sacrifice him.

oh man too many spoilers :p

thanks for being spoilerpolite guys!

And.... goodbye Ros :oops:
I enjoyed her quite a lot and was happy how she gained influence but now... that was probably the most unexpected kill for me as i thought the writers would continue to play with her character

What a nice finale for episode 7!

game-of-thrones-the-bear-and-the-maiden-fair.jpg

Sunarep said:
What a nice finale for episode 7!

When they said she'd be entertainment I was expecting something much worse.

Q2 said:
When they said she'd be entertainment I was expecting something much worse.
Yes, I was pleased with the fact that it wasn't more torture or rape. Especially after what that guy's doing to Theon. Ugh, makes me want to just stop watching.

addiesin said:
Yes, I was pleased with the fact that it wasn't more torture or rape. Especially after what that guy's doing to Theon. Ugh, makes me want to just stop watching.

Yeah, they need abandon all the mystery and make it more clear to the audience what the deal is with dude torturing Theon. Honestly there wasn't that much mystery about this in the book. It is just unnecessarily confusing the audience for no real payoff that I can think of other than...

to keep his relation to another character a secret for a bit longer.

Yeah, everything not about Theon is like a sugar coated feel-good movie right now. Great episode though.

Well that was my favourite episode of the season so far. Great dialogue and several gratuitous boob shots. :D

We got the prized Mother of Dragons boob shot.

Am I imaging things or did Sam leave behind in the snow the one thing that can kill the undead at the end?

yes, gemini. it had me screaming at the tv. he's a fuggin eedeot

emphatic said:
Sam has a bag of that stuff.

Oh, good point... I seem to recall that happened differently in the book.
I believe John Snow actually finds it and keeps one on him as well?? And the daggers are divvied up amongst a few people?? And I think Sam uses it earlier when the attack at the Fist of First People happens??

In either case, he just left behind a priceless object in the snow. Granted he was probably scared shitless, but even still, I would think it would register in my mind that I should pick that thing back up for protection. He also stupidly dropped the torch, which is the only other way we have seen one of these things die (though that was one of the undead minions and not one of the main leader dudes).

I think ya'll need to cut him some slack, he's been a chicken shit all his life up 'til now. He did good.

Pumped for GoT again tonight. It's an episode 9, so I have a feeling I'm going to shit my pants.

Back
Top Bottom