• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

A Game of Thrones (SPOILER EDITION)

Sunarep said:
The only problem i have is right now that this season there is not as much "narrative glue" right now. In season 1 we had ned and in season 2 everything pretty much revolved around king's landing and the inevitable attack whereas this season we kinda jump from character to character and the connection is no longer as strong because the characters are scattered so far apart

Lol, try reading the books.

Sunarep said:
The only problem i have is right now that this season there is not as much "narrative glue" right now. In season 1 we had ned and in season 2 everything pretty much revolved around king's landing and the inevitable attack whereas this season we kinda jump from character to character and the connection is no longer as strong because the characters are scattered so far apart

I feel a little differently. I thought season 1 was beautifully done, damn near perfect, but I felt like season 2 kind of fumbled around,
like the production crew was just as lost as the characters were after Ned's death.
I loved the actual battle in S2. Obviously it was amazing and I can still see green fire when I close my eyes and think about it. I feel like the battle kind of brought everything back together, and this season so far has been back on track, with quality up to and maybe over S1.

Still, Danaerys is my (maybe everybody's?) favorite character and I think I'd really like to see just her story all at once. Faneditors assemble! :)

right now dany's storyline is really no problem to be cut together as a sort of feature film
hate to be the combo breaker but i don't really like her. I thought she was super interesting in season 1 but right now she is one of the few characters who I feel has a saftey bubble (meaning not going to die) aroudn her because of the fantasy story rules.

the dragons are a narrative "get out of the kill free" card for daenerys imo

I thought everybody agreed with me that Tyrion was the favorite.

Arya's my favorite character.

geminigod said:
That thread should make more sense in the next couple episodes. Its pretty f#$@ed up.

Thanks, gem. It's nice to be confused when I'm supposed to be confused for a change. :p

DominicCobb said:
I thought everybody agreed with me that Tyrion was the favorite.

Statistically, he is.

source: The Internet.

My favorite is Ned Stark. :cry: Ned's dead, baby. Ned's dead.

Yeah I think you must search really hard to find someone who is anti-tyrion

Tyrion rocks the casbah. Deny, well, she's hot.
Olenna Redwyne is my current new favourite.

Great performance by Jamie Lannister actor dude (too lazy to look up his name). A very well directed and acted dramatic episode.

geminigod said:
Also, Hellllooo Igrid! Ooh la la.

Totally. I really liked this episode, and I'm fairly certain that scene didn't hurt my overall assessment...

geminigod said:
Also, Hellllooo Igrid! Ooh la la.

LOL, none of the non book readers know how to spell her name. Been seeing it wrong all week all over the place. It's Ygritte.

Shit, you are right. I doubly suck because I have read the book and still got it wrong.

Another great episode. And unless my memory escapes me, some interesting deviations from the books.

That was another enjoyable episode, but little unexpected happened. Let's hope that there will be an eventful episode next week.

When watching last week's episode, I noted that someone had obviously had a word with Charles Dance about his pronunciation of Tyrell. In the episode before that his pronunciation was almost the traditional British one, but with the stress on the wrong syllable, but in last week's he used the one that everyone else is using, which I find amusing and slightly irritating at the same time.

Enjoyed this one too. What a great show.

Did anyone else think John Snow was going to push Gareth from The Office off the wall once they reached the top? I would have preferred that ending to the romantic sunset... I guess John is too honorable. Ygritte should have done it instead!

njvc said:
Did anyone else think...?

I certainly thought that Reddish Egret might have done it. Perhaps she and Snow were too busy being glad to be alive though. That climb truly looked terrifying. (I don't like heights.)

Yeah the climbing scene was well done. A couple shots of the wall were fakey looking, but it definitely got my heart rate up!

The falcon warg guy and John Snow were even more at each other's throats in the book. In the show, I'm not even sure if anybody realizes that John is a warg, because his wolf has never been around.

things that I think are deviations from the book: Mellisandre's meeting with the brotherhood and Robert Borathian's bastard child (young blacksmith kid with Arya) being taken away by her. (I'm horrible with names and too lazy to look them up.) I think this is an attempt to keep that actor more present in the story, because he kinda disappears in the books. Presumably he'll resurface later in the books, but none of the characters that the 3rd person limited narration follow are near him.

Somebody please correct me if my memory is getting any of this wrong.

In falcon dude's defense, the other big guy was holding all three of them. Not a good situation.

Back
Top Bottom