• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

TM HOME VIDEO Presents "DREAM MANIAC"

I forgot to mention, but for some reason I couldn't get this to play with the KMplayer. When I tried opening it the standard way (Open-->select folder-->open folder-->play all files and folders) it just played a blue screen for one second and froze on that. I had to watch each .VOB file individually.

I have to admit ever since I first saw the original reboot of NOES I have been waiting for someone on here to do a fanedit. I gotta say so far I'm impressed with what I've seen and I'm really excited to see the full thing. I really enjoyed Kris' death scene as it made it more shocking than what we see in the original. I never liked those over the top turns and flips so thank you for taking those out. The old vintage vhs look really brings me back to my childhood. Nicely done with those effects.

Out of curiosity, will any of the deleted scenes from the film be included in your version? I'm really hoping to see these deleted scenes because from what I've seen of them on youtube it could've made the reboot so much more darker than it turned out to be. And I was really hoping for someone talented on here to incorporate them into the movie. If not that's okay as I'm still looking forward to your edit. ;)

thatwitch said:
I have to admit ever since I first saw the original reboot of NOES I have been waiting for someone on here to do a fanedit. I gotta say so far I'm impressed with what I've seen and I'm really excited to see the full thing. I really enjoyed Kris' death scene as it made it more shocking than what we see in the original. I never liked those over the top turns and flips so thank you for taking those out. The old vintage vhs look really brings me back to my childhood. Nicely done with those effects.

Out of curiosity, will any of the deleted scenes from the film be included in your version? I'm really hoping to see these deleted scenes because from what I've seen of them on youtube it could've made the reboot so much more darker than it turned out to be. And I was really hoping for someone talented on here to incorporate them into the movie. If not that's okay as I'm still looking forward to your edit. ;)

Thanks for the kind words, but I actually didn't know there were deleted scenes.

There's only 3 deleted scenes, and they're only included on the Blu-Ray.

They are:

an alternate opening (1080p, 1:11)
a deleted scene (1080p, 0:58)
alternate ending (1080p, 6:12)

I can't comment on "a deleted scene" without popping in my Blu-Ray, I was just going by what's listed on Blu-Ray.com's review for the disc.

Frantic Canadian said:

They are:

an alternate opening (1080p, 1:11)
a deleted scene (1080p, 0:58)
alternate ending (1080p, 6:12)

I can't comment on "a deleted scene" without popping in my Blu-Ray, I was just going by what's listed on Blu-Ray.com's review for the disc.

Oh, I see it. I never watched the bluray itself. Just bought the movie for the edit.

Ah, old VHS. Even though it took an age to rewind a film, so you can watch it again, there's something about the format that's just so damned loveable. Yes, the picture might be cheap, and the sound atrocious, but there's definitely something. So, I'm glad you took that route with this edit. Once it's uploaded, I shall give it a download, and have a bloody good watch, because it looks awesome!!

Frantic Canadian said:
Hospital Opening (1:11):
Outside shot of the hospital. Cut to a room with a patient inside, EKG beeping. The patient's face and forearms are covered in bandages. There's a medical chart on the foot end of the bed that lists a John Doe. We can see one of the patient's eyes. There's a tear rolling down. Suddenly, he gasps, and his heart flatlines. Cue title card!

Nightmare Street (00:58):
It's nightfall. Quentin and Nancy are on an open road, outside. Quentin's panting... "I saw him", he says. "He was right there". As he shines his flashlight in the direction he mentioned, there's no one there. Nancy asks how long he's been awake. "Way too long". They continue to move down the road, with fields of crops on either side. Quentin keeps looking over his shoulder. As they come up to a house, Nancy goes into a micronap, and finds herself all alone. Behind the houses are now industry mills, spewing fire from their pipes. The air is a dark tinted orange. A black dog walks by, keeping his eyes locked on Nancy. Suddenly it stops, and sits. In a flash, Nancy warps back to the real world, and Quentin's standing right next to her. "Are you okay?". "Yeah, yeah", she answers.

Alternate Ending (06:12):
The ceiling bursts open and a pool of blood crashes down into the room. Nancy falls down on the bed, dressed in an immaculate white gown. Not a drop of blood on her. Music is playing in the background. Suddenly, she's pulled back into the bed, forced to stay down. The bedroom door pulls open, as Freddy taps his claws on its side. He comments how the white dress had always been one of his favourites. He tries to jog her memory as he runs one of his claws up and down the fabric of her dress. It becomes evident Nancy remembers everything now, and those memories fuel Freddy's powers. He forces himself on top of her, constantly teasing her. He demands her to look at him, facing the consequences of her actions. "Look what you did to me!". As he takes his hat off, his face suddenly changes to that of his former self, free from scars. "Don't be shy", he says, before stabbing her in the shoulder. As she screams, the well tidied room disappears, along with her white dress, and makes place to her regular fatigue. Torn jeans, a smeared white top, and sweat shirt. The room changed as well. It's dirtier now. As she screams, the two images keep shifting. Freddy's there, scar free, in the tidied room. Then he's gone, Nancy's alone again in the alternate version.

Cut to Quentin, bleeding. As the realities keep shifting, he desperately tries waking her. On the other end, Freddy teases her even more, saying he will never succeed. Quentin reaches inside his pocket. Cue Freddy. "I'm your boyfriend now", he says. "Nancy, we're gonna be in here for a long time." Quentin pulls a syringe out of his vest, and assembles it. As he readies it above her chest, Freddy's index finger claw does the very same. "I swear, you're all mine now!". But he's too late. Quentin stabs her, waking her up. Fully conscious, she pulls Freddy out of his dream world, into reality.

They're in his hidden basement. Freddy starts laughing. "Clever little girl, you can't hurt me. I'm your nightmare". As she pulls out a bat, she screams "Not any more", and smashes his claw into pieces. She swings back, ready to lung at his head. She hits him right on the side of his head, reeling him back, straight into a lantern. His legs catch fire. "I remember what you did to me!", Nancy screams, before she hits again. "Look at me!", she screams. "I'm all grown up now" she yells, and knocks over oil cans. Freddy is engulfed in flames, frantically trying to get up and escape. As Quentin and Nancy make their way outside, we see Nancy's pictures on the wall, as the entire room is swallowed up in flames. Quentin is reeled into an ambulance, and driven away.

Oh okay, I wasn't aware if they were released or not since I don't actually own a bluray player and therefore don't have the bluray disc. I have the DVD though which has the Freddy Reborn documentary and that does show some extra behind the scenes footage. I knew there were scenes that didn't make the final cut. A lot of them actually. There's a more gothic-like church which is reminiscent of Dream Child and more of the bodybag scene and some others as well as the pool party scene we see in the trailer. Unfortunately, I suppose none of these scenes are currently accessible to us, which now explains why I can't find them anywhere. :-(

Here's a list I found on youtube.
1. Jesse in Nancy's Room Noticing Her Painting
2. Dean's Alt. Death (The Pool Party Scene)
3. Kris Close-up Scream
4. Unknown Eye Scene
5. Freddy Clawing at the Chalkboard (Trimmed)
6. Freddy Behind The Box (Replaced)
7. Glove Making Scene (Alternate Opening #2)
8. Nancy Sees Kris: Alt. Hallway Shot
9. Kris' Ghost With Freddy's Glove (Bloody Hallway Scene)
10. Body Bag Scene In Nancy's House
11. Kris Walking Down A Hallway
12. Kris & Freddy in Freddy's Cave
13. Nancy Standing & Crying the Bloody Hallway
14. Jesse's Closeup Scream (Screenshot 1)
15. Jesse's Closeup Scream (Screenshot 2)
16. Hospital Opening (Screenshot 1) **RELEASED ON BLU RAY**
17. Hospital Opening (Screenshot 2) **RELEASED ON BLU RAY**
18. Alt. Ending (Screenshot 1) **RELEASED ON BLU RAY**
19. Alt. Ending (Screenshot 2) **RELEASED ON BLU RAY**
20. Alt. Ending (Screenshot 3) **RELEASED ON BLU RAY**
21. Nightmare Street (Screenshot 1) **RELEASED ON BLU RAY**
22. Nightmare Street (Screenshot 2) **RELEASED ON BLU RAY**
23. Young Marcus and Young Dean (Cut from Jesse's Final Dream)
24. Freddy's Shadow
25. Quentin In The Church (Alt. Ending)
26. The Church Ending (Replaced by the Boiler Room Scenes before Nancy's House)
27. Freddy In The Church (Deleted)

Is this dead in the water? I was really looking forward to this edit....

After watching Neglify's Scream Giallo cut, it got me primed to watch DREAM MANIAC! Any chance this is still on the way?

I too was looking forward to this edit.... I think it's dead in the water... I've tried a couple of times (unsuccessfully without a response) to contact the editor....

Oddly enough, last activity was only two days ago.

*UPDATE*

This edit is still alive, I was taking a break because of hardware problems and getting a new computer, but the trailer is now here on the first page and this edit should be ready to release very soon.

Thank you all for your patience. :)

Hey welcome back TM! Glad to hear this is back on track.

Looking forward to this greatly TM. How's it going?

LastSurvivor said:
Looking forward to this greatly TM. How's it going?

It's going good. I'm finally done with the cover art re-do and now just have to put it online.;-)

This edit is FINALLY complete! I gotta say, it's been a crazy ride :oops:. But it's been submitted to IFDB so can someone move this to true fanedits, please and thank you. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom