• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TM HOME VIDEO Presents "DREAM MANIAC"

Whispers

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked what Haley did with his Freddy.... I liked he made it his role and didn't try to mimic Englund cause let's be honest Englund IS FREDDY....

I don't think it should have been remade without Englund but all in all I didn't dislike the remake... It's just a different take I suppose...

I love the look and feel of what this edit is doing.... Everything looks good thus far... My concerns would be the darkness of some scenes with the current filters but I'm sure you'll work that out lol

Between this and your original Friday edit you have two edits I'm REALLY looking forward to...

btw the cover art looks great as well

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whispers said:
I liked what Haley did with his Freddy.... I liked he made it his role and didn't try to mimic Englund cause let's be honest Englund IS FREDDY....

I don't think it should have been remade without Englund but all in all I didn't dislike the remake... It's just a different take I suppose...

I love the look and feel of what this edit is doing.... Everything looks good thus far... My concerns would be the darkness of some scenes with the current filters but I'm sure you'll work that out lol

Between this and your original Friday edit you have two edits I'm REALLY looking forward to...

btw the cover art looks great as well

I totally agree and thanks. As for the darkness, I'm trying to get that worked out, but I'm not sure if it's the format I'm rendering with to put on youtube or not, because in the preview monitor on sony vegas it's not that dark. But everything can look different on a TV also. It's very strange. I might put a virtual dub filter on it or something.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM Productions said:
As for the darkness, I'm trying to get that worked out, but I'm not sure if it's the format I'm rendering with to put on youtube or not, because in the preview monitor on sony vegas it's not that dark. But everything can look different on a TV also. It's very strange. I might put a virtual dub filter on it or something.

Usually the preview window on Sony Vegas can be deceptive. After you render it, you should watch the video you just rendered to see how it looks.

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Usually the preview window on Sony Vegas can be deceptive. After you render it, you should watch the video you just rendered to see how it looks.

I know. It causes a lot of headaches lol

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you gonna add some VHS effects, like that lil' blur that sometimes hugs the bottom of the screen, or the vertical line that would occasionally roll from right to left across the screen? Or the double-take screen that might happen when a tape first started to play, at the beginning of the film? (You know what I'm talking about, right?)
What about soundtrack, maybe something pulled from "Dream Master" or "Dream Warriors"? Or just some other hair-band or synth-pop? Maybe nothing like Guns N Roses hits, since you're trying to keep it with a low-budget feel, but are you adding any super-'80s music to the movie?

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you referring to Dokken? Never had double take issues myself. Are you sure your VCR wasn't busted? :)

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
veggieguy12 said:
Are you gonna add some VHS effects, like that lil' blur that sometimes hugs the bottom of the screen, or the vertical line that would occasionally roll from right to left across the screen? Or the double-take screen that might happen when a tape first started to play, at the beginning of the film? (You know what I'm talking about, right?)
What about soundtrack, maybe something pulled from "Dream Master" or "Dream Warriors"? Or just some other hair-band or synth-pop? Maybe nothing like Guns N Roses hits, since you're trying to keep it with a low-budget feel, but are you adding any super-'80s music to the movie?

Yea, these are just rough cuts right after I got done editing them. I'm going to be adding a more vhs experience one the main feel is done, like faux vhs previews for TM HOME VIDEO and maybe even a "Total Terror Test" (like Wizard Video has) and yes I'll be adding the blur line, the vertical line and one or two parts with tracking issues :)

As for the soundtrack, I'm using the Nightmare on elm street sound track (original) and Freddy's Nightmares main titles for the intro as you see. I might be adding some more too. :)

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is a clip of Nancy's dream (ROUGH CUT)

Re-scored and Re-edited! ;-)

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i really like the vhs feel to these clips TM

[video]Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship and Videotape - Teaser [/video]
i saw this documentary last night which covers a period here in the uk in which alot of horror films on video became banned, you may want to check it out.

[video=youtube_share;T48zkGpiAmY]
This is another documentary which covers the same subject

do you plan to remove a lot of the violence from the film as most 80's horror movies were heavily cut to obtain a 18/r rating?

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
leeroy said:

i saw this documentary last night which covers a period here in the uk in which alot of horror films on video became banned, you may want to check it out.

do you plan to remove a lot of the violence from the film as most 80's horror movies were heavily cut to obtain a 18/r rating?

Thanks, and you know, I never thought of that. I was just going to make it a late 80's, straight to video type of film.

sonnybaker

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM Productions said:
Here is a clip of Nancy's dream (ROUGH CUT)

Re-scored and Re-edited! ;-)

Looks a bit too...expensive. Is there any way she could be sucked into the tub like the original? You could use the footage from the original since we don't really see her face when she's in the water.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sonnybaker said:
Looks a bit too...expensive. Is there any way she could be sucked into the tub like the original? You could use the footage from the original since we don't really see her face when she's in the water.
Doesn't look that expensive to me. The VHS effect helps it look cheaper. The one thing that bothers me is, why the hell does not Freddy slash her for so long after he raises his claw? I have not seen the theatrical cut so I don't know how this played out, but if footage allowed for it I'd save the claw raising until after we come back from the dream sequence and Nancy is about to wake up. That way we'd get the feeling Freddy will inmediately kill her.

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sonnybaker said:

I'm not sure how that would work with the different age of film and different filming styles. No matter how much i age the 2010 version, the filming styles would be too different i think.

Whispers

Reaction score
Trophy Points
leeroy said:

Leeroy....

As I grew up with 80's horror as a kid one of my guilty pleasures was to go with my father to the local video store, look at the boxes (cover art was a huge selling point - nothing will ever touch 80's horror box art) and my father would rent me the horror movie of my choice (I was like 11 or 12.. looking back it was pretty dodgy parenting on my Dad's part lol) but here in North America we didn't have such bans on violence such as the UK had... That's why 75% of all great horror movies in the 80's have the cult following they do because of straight to VHS bloody violence and over the top death scenes...

I think TM is fine with leaving in the violence.... I feel sorry for you boys and girls across the pond that had to watch watered down versions of 80's horror movies or they got banned all together.... :D

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
True. Just look at today's films. Immortals is heavily cut in the UK, while the US has the original R-Rated cut.
BBFC have been doing their dance for ages now. I don't even buy Amazon UK Blu-Rays anymore unless I'm certain they're uncut.

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
Doesn't look that expensive to me. The VHS effect helps it look cheaper. The one thing that bothers me is, why the hell does not Freddy slash her for so long after he raises his claw? I have not seen the theatrical cut so I don't know how this played out, but if footage allowed for it I'd save the claw raising until after we come back from the dream sequence and Nancy is about to wake up. That way we'd get the feeling Freddy will inmediately kill her.

Well, in the original scene Freddy is interrupted from killing Nancy by the mother and his claw goes back under. Then we cut to the dream sequence, and to me it was just too confusing on what was a dream and what wasn't, so i edited it this way, that way you know shes dreaming. If that makes any sense.

wookiemonster

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am pretty stoked about this. I wasn't a big fan of the remake but it looks like this edit will redeem it for me. I'm a big fan of "Freddy's Nightmares" so I was blown away when I heard the music used. Since you've mentioned that you want this to play like a NOES rip off have you thought about using any other scores from that era? The first one that comes to mind is the score for DREAMSCAPE which is appropriately creepy and fitting since they were rival films from 84'. I think a dark synth score would really help sell the dirty video store bin vibe. Between the cover art and the previews you've posted, I can't wait for this one!

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wookiemonster said:
I am pretty stoked about this. I wasn't a big fan of the remake but it looks like this edit will redeem it for me. I'm a big fan of "Freddy's Nightmares" so I was blown away when I heard the music used. Since you've mentioned that you want this to play like a NOES rip off have you thought about using any other scores from that era? The first one that comes to mind is the score for DREAMSCAPE which is appropriately creepy and fitting since they were rival films from 84'. I think a dark synth score would really help sell the dirty video store bin vibe. Between the cover art and the previews you've posted, I can't wait for this one!

Thanks for you interest, but for this one I used the original 84 NOES soundtrack.

Whispers

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM Productions said:
Thanks for you interest, but for this one I used the original 84 NOES soundtrack.

Hey TM... How's this one coming along...

Top Bottom