• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Thor - The Dark World: Hard Forged Edition

yads said:
Were it my decision, I'd go for this:

"02.02.12 Malekith - I will reclaim the Aether,
02.03.22 Malekith - draw out its power,
02.05.01 Malekith - and bathe this rotting universe in cleansing darkness."

The idea that he's doing this to purify the universe, in other words: out of some sense of righteousness, seems preferable and slightly less hackneyed than the route the original movie took.

Thanks for the ideas. I like the sound of "Bathe" (Although it loses the "reseting" aspect as was pointed out earlier) but "Cleansing darkness" doesn't sound right when I say it out loud. The rhythm just feels off somehow. Plus "rotting" is not right to my ear.

In other news - I'm seriously considering totally removing the scene of Loki coming back to life. I had banished it to a post credits sequence, where it always should have been in the theatrical cut. I was was pretty happy with it but looking at it once more I've realised that it shows Odin's throne as broken again, which creates a rather large continuity error.

Would this put anyone off if I went "off canon" and left Loki as dead. We'll probably be shown how Loki survived again in Thor3/Avengers2 anyway.

Gut him loose T, it's more effective dramaticly

I vote for keeping it in. Cutting it out makes it feel like Loki's story is one of redemption, and that's not what it is. Cutting it out makes the story feel a little too clean.

Nic said:
Cutting it out makes it feel like Loki's story is one of redemption

Well yes exactly :D

I suspect he was originally supposed to die in the workprint before they realised they'd be killing a very popular character with the fans so filmed lots of extra material of him and added the comeback on to the end.

FYI Here is a VERY rough version of how the scene would be in my cut if I retained it as a post-credits scene (Music isn't mixed properly yet and some of the transitions need more fine-tuning)...

^ Note the broken throne problem.

And they were probably going to bring him back for Thor 3 somehow. Just that it's very in character for Loki to be one step ahead of everyone (some people suspected that his sizing up Kurse in the prison and telling him to take the left stairs was all part of a plan of his to get to the thrown, though that admittedly feels like a bit of a stretch), and adding in the last scene from here into Thor 3 runs the risk of feeling like a sloppy retcon.

Well I say keep it in because if he's suddenly back to life in the next one it'll feel like a retcon.

TM2YC said:
Well yes exactly :D

I suspect he was originally supposed to die in the workprint before they realised they'd be killing a very popular character with the fans so filmed lots of extra material of him and added the comeback on to the end.

FYI Here is a VERY rough version of how the scene would be in my cut if I retained it as a post-credits scene (Music isn't mixed properly yet and some of the transitions need more fine-tuning)...

^ Note the broken throne problem.

I like everything about the new post credit scene except for the monster at the end.... it just comes out of nowhere and feels unconnected and breaks the dramatic tension.

It might be stronger to end on the fade to black with the red glowing eyes, maybe hold it for an extra beat, and underscore it with a dramatic music cue.

bionicbob said:
I like everything about the new post credit scene except for the monster at the end.... it just comes out of nowhere and feels unconnected and breaks the dramatic tension.

It might be stronger to end on the fade to black with the red glowing eyes, maybe hold it for an extra beat, and underscore it with a dramatic music cue.

^ Exactly my feelings. Since you thought the same thing, I'll cut the monster.

Having given the Loki resurrection further thought I've realised that the broken throne isn't a continuity error because I've removed the final Loki sitting on the throne reveal (It only indicates that the scene takes place earlier in time). In the theatrical cut the Loki-on-throne shot showed he had presumptively murdered Odin and that Odin's finally emotional scene with Thor (Which I thought was the one time Hopkins nailed it) was really fake. Without that scene in my cut (And with the glowing eyes tweak I've done) all we know is that Loki is alive and at large in Asgard. Odin could still be alive to speak to Thor at the end without invalidating the whole film's emotional arc.

Long story short, I think I'll keep it as a post-credits sequence.

The broken throne never bothered me, as I figured with the super-magic-science of Asgard, it was easily repaired by Odin. :)

TM2YC said:

Having given the Loki resurrection further thought I've realised that the broken throne isn't a continuity error because I've removed the final Loki sitting on the throne reveal (It only indicates that the scene takes place earlier in time). In the theatrical cut the Loki-on-throne shot showed he had presumptively murdered Odin and that Odin's finally emotional scene with Thor (Which I thought was the one time Hopkins nailed it) was really fake. Without that scene in my cut (And with the glowing eyes tweak I've done) all we know is that Loki is alive and at large in Asgard. Odin could still be alive to speak to Thor at the end without invalidating the whole film's emotional arc.

Long story short, I think I'll keep it as a post-credits sequence.

I like all of those things! Does that mean the scene of Thor and Jane reuniting will be the pre-credits end scene?

Also, I make one more attempt to add in the deleted scenes (sans the Malekith and Captain America ones). I know you said that most of them slow the film down, but one critique I heard about the film is that there are no moments that don't necessarily forward the plot, but allow the film to breath, like Volstagg relating a tale or Thor and Jane actually talking about Frigga's death.

Also, do you think you can make Loki's eyes red as he's dying as well. Sine this edit is being made under the assumption that viewers have seen (and remember) Thor 1 and The Avengers, it would be nice if the red eyes at the end could come less out of nowhere.

Nic said:
Does that mean the scene of Thor and Jane reuniting will be the pre-credits end scene?

Thor and Jane actually talking about Frigga's death?

Do you think you can make Loki's eyes red as he's dying as well?

Have you been peaking at my timeline? :p

TM2YC said:
Have you been peaking at my timeline? :p

Why, whatever gave you that idea?

tumblr_lxph3yFTZO1r4q539o1_500.jpg

That's not me in the picture, but I wish it were.

I have to say that when Loki died I was waiting for the trick to be revealed. He's always a trickster!
On the second viewing I realised that he's MILES away from Thor - how did he get there so fast... unless he didn't. (Although now I can't remember if his magic is only illusions or if his illusions can actually achieve something?)
I also really enjoyed him on the throne at the end. Thor's work is never done! However, I like your post-credits eye-flash. Good idea. BUT, you've got to cut the part of the credit sequence which has Loki on the throne (the artwork) - maybe move that to the end and make it the final shot of the movie?

dangermouse said:
I like your post-credits eye-flash. Good idea. BUT, you've got to cut the part of the credit sequence which has Loki on the throne (the artwork) - maybe move that to the end and make it the final shot of the movie?

You are a life saver dude! :) I didn't even pay any attention to the credits sequence and hadn't noticed that the throne shot of Loki needed removed. If you hadn't thought of that, this edit would have had one gigantic error so thanks again!

btw I think the ending eyeflash needs much more work, I want it to be noticeable yet subtle enough that you could miss it.

Had a go at the last 3 Dark Elves subtitle scenes...

SCENE FOUR (Original) - Malakith Heals
04.32.16 Algrim - Heal. You will need your strength to reclaim the Aether.
04.37.13 Algrim - And when you wake, we will kill them all.

SCENE FOUR (Rewrite) - Malakith Heals
04.32.16 Algrim - Heal my Prince, heal while The Asgardians sleep below us.
04.37.13 Algrim - When you wake, they will awake to a nightmare.

^ I wanted to tie the dialogue right in to the 'Thor arguing with Odin' scene that now immediately preceeds this dialogue. Thor warns of a surprise attack from above and bingo he was right, that's exactly what they are planning. I've thrown "Prince" in there because I thought it sounded cool like "Goodnight Sweet Prince" from Hamlet.

SCENE FIVE (Original) - Malakith Senses Jane
04.58.23 Algrim - We must strike now.
05.03.11 Malakith - No
05.05.11 Malakith - Asgard is meaningless.
05.10.02 Malakith - The Aether,
05.05.15 Malakith - It has found its way home.

SCENE FIVE (Rewrite) - Malakith Senses Jane
04.58.23 Algrim - The army is ready Lord.
05.03.11 Malakith - Wait,
05.05.11 Malakith - The Aether, it has...
05.10.02 Malakith - It's gone Algrim.

Again I've used Algrim's first line to backup the fact that the Dark Elves where going to assault Asgard at any minute. This plan is now clearly only interupted by Thor taking the Aether to Swartalfheim. I've tried to make Malakith sound like he is slowly trying to focus on the Aether. So it's now like "Wait" I'm trying to comcentrate here! :-D

SCENE SIX (Original) - Algrim Trusts Loki
05.05.34 Algrim - He is an enemy of Asgard.
05.37.17 Algrim - He was a prisoner in their dungeons.

SCENE SIX (Rewrite) - Algrim Trusts Loki
05.05.34 Algrim - He was a prisoner of Asgard,
05.37.17 Algrim - and may yet prove of some use.

I've just added an extra hint that they are going to kill Loki very soon.

TM2YC said:
SCENE ONE (Rewrite 2) - Dark Elves Awake
01.00.27 Malakith - The Aether wakes us brothers,
01.03.10 Malakith - and The Convergence is at hand.
There needs be be a comma between "us" and "brothers". Also, there think there needs to be more cause and effect between the Convergence coming soon and the Aether awakening the Dark Elves. The word "and" almost implies that the two aren't connected - it sort of separates the two in terms of cause and effect. Perhaps "for the Convergence is at hand" instead of "and the Convergence is at hand"? Or maybe simply leave out both "and" & "for"? (The main issue is "and"). Also, since the Convergence is a repeat event that has happened before (as emphasized by the usage of "The Convergence returns" in the theatrical cut), perhaps the dialogue should reflect this. Here are some suggestions:

01.00.27 Malakith - The Aether wakes us, brothers,
01.03.10 Malakith - for the Convergence is again at hand.

01.03.10 Malakith - for the Convergence returns once more.

01.03.10 Malakith - for the Convergence returns anew.

SCENE TWO (Rewrite 2) - Malakith Swears Revenge
02.02.12 Malakith - I will reclaim the Aether,
02.03.22 Malakith - draw out its power,
02.05.01 Malakith - and return this poisoned universe to darkness.

(Radical alternative? 02.05.01 Malakith - and return this poisoned universe to the void.)
I think "summon" works better than "draw out". Maybe some other word (like wield) could work, but summon sounds like the best choice to me, at the time being. Some suggestions:

02.02.12 Malakith - I will reclaim the Aether,
02.03.22 Malakith - summon its power,
02.05.01 Malakith - and purge this polluted universe of light's poison.

OR - and purge this corrupted universe of light's poison.

OR - and purge this defiled universe of light's poison.

SCENE THREE (Rewrite 2) - Algrim's Mission
02.38.10 Algrim - The time has come my Lord.
02.46.10 Malakith - And you shall be as the stroke of midnight.
02.49.10 Algrim - I am not afraid.
02.51.22 Algrim - To join the ranks of The Kursed,
02.54.26 Algrim - is honour indeed.

"To join the ranks of the Kursed is honour indeed" works beautifully. But what about replacing "I am not afraid" with "I will gladly give my life" (or something similar)? It illustrates what is going to happen a bit more clearly than the somewhat vague "I am not afraid", and also further demonstrates his willingness (possibly even eagerness) to become a Kursed. I think it meshes very well with the dialogue that follows. On another note, I'm not sure there needs to be a comma between "Kursed" and "is honour indeed". Here's my suggestion:

02.38.10 Algrim - The time has come my Lord.
02.46.10 Malakith - And you shall be as the stroke of midnight.
02.49.10 Algrim - I will gladly give my life.
02.51.22 Algrim - To join the ranks of The Kursed
02.54.26 Algrim - is honour indeed.

In other news - I'm seriously considering totally removing the scene of Loki coming back to life. I had banished it to a post credits sequence, where it always should have been in the theatrical cut. I was was pretty happy with it but looking at it once more I've realised that it shows Odin's throne as broken again, which creates a rather large continuity error.

Would this put anyone off if I went "off canon" and left Loki as dead. We'll probably be shown how Loki survived again in Thor3/Avengers2 anyway.

I think that you should keep it as an after-credits scene. As others have pointed out, it is established at this point that Loki is alive, and without a scene showing (or at least hinting) that he is alive, it would look like a retcon if he shows up in another movie (which he probably will).

In the theatrical cut the Loki-on-throne shot showed he had presumptively murdered Odin and that Odin's finally emotional scene with Thor (Which I thought was the one time Hopkins nailed it) was really fake.
I'm not certain that the implication is necessarily that he murdered Odin. That's what I thought when I first saw the scene, but the more I thought about it, more I was convinced that Odin might still be alive. There are a few hints throughout the movie that Odin seems to be strained and maybe in bad health (he even acted like he had heart problems in one scene). I think that when "the guard" (Loki) showed up and informed him of Loki's "death", it was the last straw, and he went into the Odin-sleep. Loki left him alive, but locked him away in some obscure place where Heimdall couldn't see. While quite a few online articles have misquoted Anthony Hopkins and Alan Taylor to say that Odin is definitely dead, Hopkins actually said that he didn't know, and Alan Taylor appears to have been talking about the decision to "kill" Loki. Kevin Feige gave a vague answer, neither confirming nor denying Odin's death.

However, dead or not, I do agree that it felt disappointing when Odin morphed into Loki at the end. The scene between Thor and Odin was great, and revealing that it was actually Loki ruined it.

I agree that the clip with the monster feels very out of place in your post-credits scene. However, is there any way you could include it somewhere in the movie? It's an amusing little clip and I'd hate to see it go. I had assumed that you would be using it in the ending, right after Thor came back to Earth and reunited with Jane. I could understand why you would leave it out of that part if you think the humor would ruin the emotion of the scene (although I personally think it works quite nicely - a happy/romantic reunion, then a little bit of humor to finish the movie on light note). Maybe it could be spliced in as a mid-credits scene somehow? (There can maybe be two mid-credits scenes - the monster, and the Collector scene). I thought it might fit after the London battle, right after the planes come back to Earth, but rewatched the scene (the one with the planes, that is), and decided it probably wouldn't work well.

Nic said:
Also, I make one more attempt to add in the deleted scenes (sans the Malekith and Captain America ones). I know you said that most of them slow the film down, but one critique I heard about the film is that there are no moments that don't necessarily forward the plot, but allow the film to breath, like Volstagg relating a tale or Thor and Jane actually talking about Frigga's death.
I agree - some of the deleted scenes really add to the movie, even if they do slow the pacing a bit. Some don't add all that much (such as the scene with Thor fighting guards, although I did like his "no killing" line), but some of them add a little depth and some "breathing room". My favorite of the deleted scenes is the one where Thor and Frigga talk about Loki, although that one is unfortunately in a visually unfinished state. It helps add some depth to the Frigga/Loki relationship, and the added screentime between Frigga and Thor adds to the movie, IMO. The scene with Volstagg telling a story is a nice, humorous little scene that lets the audience get to know the Warriors Three a little better. There's something about scenes like that, where the characters are just having a good time together, that I like. It's like the movie is giving the audience a little moment to just have some fun with the characters.

TM2YC said:

SCENE FOUR (Rewrite) - Malakith Heals
04.32.16 Algrim - Heal my Prince, heal while The Asgardians sleep below us.
04.37.13 Algrim - When you wake, they will awake to a nightmare.

I understand your reason for using the word "Prince", but I think it makes more sense in context for Algrim to call Malekith "Lord" than "Prince". Also, while I was reading this, an interesting idea for how to poetically link Asgard's metaphorical sleep with Malekith's sleep popped into my head. Here are a few different ways I thought of:

04.32.16 Algrim - Heal my Lord, heal while the Asgardians sleep below us.
04.37.13 Algrim - You will awake to glory, and they to a nightmare.

04.32.16 Algrim - Heal my Lord, heal while Asgard sleeps below us.

04.37.13 Algrim - You will awake to glory, and Asgard to a nightmare.

Some other word could possibly be used instead of "glory". Maybe "victory"?

SCENE FIVE (Rewrite) - Malakith Senses Jane
04.58.23 Algrim - The army is ready Lord.
05.03.11 Malakith - Wait,
05.10.02 Malakith - It's gone Algrim.

There needs to be a comma between "The army is ready" and "Lord". It might be better to put a period or an exclamation point instead of a comma after "Wait", as periods and exclamation points "read" as more decisive than a comma, which would better match the authoritative manner in the spoken dialogue with which he says the single word that is translated as "No" in the theatrical cut. Also, maybe an explanation point after "It has found its way home" would work well.

There needs to be a comma between "It's Gone" and "Algrim". But in any case, "It's gone" doesn't seem right. The Aether might be gone from Asgard, but to Malekith, it is coming home, so it seems odd that "It's gone" would be his choice of words. What about something like this?

04.58.23 Algrim - The army is ready, Lord.
05.03.11 Malakith - Wait.
05.10.02 Malakith - It has forsaken Asgard.
05.05.15 Malakith - It has found its way home!

There also might be something a bit better than the "The Aether, it has" line (preferably something a little longer to match the spoken dialogue) but I can't think of anything right now.

hbenthow said:
think there needs to be more cause and effect between the Convergence coming soon and the Aether awakening the Dark Elves. The word "and" almost implies that the two aren't connected

As far as I understand from the film, the two aren't connected. The convergeance allows Jane to chance upon the Aether and this discovery wakes the Elves. They are two seperate things that happen to be beneficial for Malakith. But I'll still use "For" instead of "and" as it sounds more elegant to me. Thanks.

hbenthow said:
I think "summon" works better than "draw out".

I prefer "Draw out" somehow.

hbenthow said:
what about replacing "I am not afraid" with "I will gladly give my life"

The latter is a whisker more descriptive but sounds less natural off the tongue.

hbenthow said:
I'm not sure there needs to be a comma between "Kursed" and "is honour indeed".

As far as I've seen, it's a convention of subtitles that they should always end with either a comma to denote the sentence continues (But that your eye should move to the left, ready for the next subtitle) or a fullstop to finish the line. Subtitles should be plain and easy for your eye/brain to read first and grammatically precise second.

hbenthow said:
I think that you should keep (Loki alive) as an after-credits scene.

I'm not certain that the implication is necessarily that he murdered Odin. That's what I thought when I first saw the scene, but the more I thought about it, more I was convinced that Odin might still be alive.

However, dead or not, I do agree that it felt disappointing when Odin morphed into Loki at the end. The scene between Thor and Odin was great, and revealing that it was actually Loki ruined it.

Mentioned in another post that I'm keeping Loki as a post credits scene.

Probably Odin is alive (Because they want Hopkins back) but it would take some explaining as to how Loki kidnapped Odin without anybody else on Asgard knowing. Although I could belive that Loki would kill him. There seems genuine hatred between Loki and Odin unlike with Thor and Frigga who love Loki.

hbenthow said:
dead or not, I do agree that it felt disappointing when Odin morphed into Loki at the end. The scene between Thor and Odin was great, and revealing that it was actually Loki ruined it.

Precisely, so that's been fixed in my edit.

hbenthow said:
is there any way you could include (clip with the monster) somewhere in the movie? I had assumed that you would be using it in the ending, right after Thor came back to Earth and reunited with Jane. I could understand why you would leave it out of that part if you think the humor would ruin the emotion of the scene

Yes it would be all wrong for the final shot of the movie but I do like it. After the collector is one option (A doubtful one though), or perhaps as a quick-flash final-final shot after the "Marvel/Thor will Return" titles.

hbenthow said:
My favorite of the deleted scenes is the one where Thor and Frigga talk about Loki, although that one is unfortunately in a visually unfinished state. It helps add some depth to the Frigga/Loki relationship, and the added screentime between Frigga and Thor adds to the movie, IMO.

I might attempt to finish off the VisFX a little more for a bonus feature. I'd already thought about finishing up (To the best of my abilities) and putting all the scenes in context on the DVD just for fun. As I've said before, it's impossible to use the 'Thor and Frigga' deleted scene as it belongs to an early 'workprint' version of Thor2. Without dramatically re-arranging the whole film and doing extra VisFX work on several sequences it cannot be used. Shame because I like it a lot too.

12993011375_9c55ae703e_n.jpg

hbenthow said:
The scene with Volstagg telling a story is a nice, humorous little scene that lets the audience get to know the Warriors Three a little better.

I was planning all along to use that scene but when I actually came to it in the timeline, I realised it had no place or purpose in the movie. A case of 'great scene' but wrong for that point. Plus more importantly, in whatever version you use, it's a massive continuity error (As I explained here).

hbenthow said:
I understand your reason for using the word "Prince", but I think it makes more sense in context for Algrim to call Malekith "Lord" than "Prince".

I didn't want to over use "Lord".

hbenthow said:
an interesting idea for how to poetically link Asgard's metaphorical sleep with Malekith's sleep popped into my head.

^ Genius! :) I'm using that for sure, thanks! But I'm still considering "Prince"...

thinking-prince-650x382.jpg

hbenthow said:
It might be better to put a period or an exclamation point instead of a comma after "Wait", as periods and exclamation points "read" as more decisive than a comma.

It's not for subtitles to add colour to a line, that's the actor's job. Subtitles should be a simple translation of their words. If you start by adding a ! then who knows where you'll stop!?!?! :-D

However, I will swap the comma for a fullstop. Good call.

hbenthow said:
What about something like this?

04.58.23 Algrim - The army is ready, Lord.
05.03.11 Malakith - Wait.
05.10.02 Malakith - It has forsaken Asgard.
05.05.15 Malakith - It has found its way home!

There also might be something a bit better than the "The Aether, it has" line (preferably something a little longer to match the spoken dialogue) but I can't think of anything right now.

At that point Malakith is hovering above Asgard, so it has gone from his perspective. I think the fact that they are hovering above Asgard was a little sketchy in the theatrical cut. You only get one brief establishing shot to show the Elves position and that is very far from clear (On my first viewing I thought they were in space, not in the night's sky above Asgard). Which is why the new "heal while Asgard sleeps below us" line will work much better IMO

Thanks for the feedback once more. You'll be in the credits for sure (Possibly just before the shot of the monster ;-))

Nearly got the new post credits perfected I think...

(After rendering that clip ^, I've extended the fade into the Marvel logo a little more)

- Remixed the audio
- Replaced music under final shot of Loki
- Made eyes a bit more subtle
- Extended and smoothed out fade on face and further extended the gradual fade of the eyes
- Added place-holder for fanedit credits
- Finishes with Monster scene

Oh and a couple of things I still need sorted...

1. Ideally I'd like the sound of a car coming to a slow halt on gravelly tarmac, turning off the engine etc. You'd think this would be easy to find on YouTube or Google but I've got nothing so far (Cars starting, are 10 a Penny oddly enough).

2. I've converted a daylight establishing shot of London to day-for-night as a temporary measure in my timeline...

...but I want to replace it with something similar filmed for real from another recent film. Very late evening is what I really want but I'd settle for actual night. I guess I'll have to trawl through any and all Blu-Rays I've got for such a shot but again they are surprisingly hard to find (Daylight shots of the Thames are again 10 a penny).

TM2YC said:
I prefer "Draw out" somehow.

When I hear the term "draw out", I instantly think of drawing poison out from a snakebite. I don't think I've ever heard the phrase used to describe using something's power, and I don't think it fits such a context well. The only contexts I recall hearing "draw out", "draw it out", "draw them out", etc, in are ones like these:

Get the snakebite kit, so I can draw out the poison.

I'll draw them out into the open, you shoot them.

By the way, what did you think of my "and purge this polluted universe of light's poison" line?

I might attempt to finish off the VisFX a little more for a bonus feature. I'd already thought about finishing up (To the best of my abilities) and putting all the scenes in context on the DVD just for fun. As I've said before, it's impossible to use the 'Thor and Frigga' deleted scene as it belongs to an early 'workprint' version of Thor2. Without dramatically re-arranging the whole film and doing extra VisFX work on several sequences it cannot be used. Shame because I like it a lot too.
What inconsistencies would using the scene create?

hbenthow said:
When I hear the term "draw out", I instantly think of drawing poison out from a snakebite.

You draw water from a well also. I think it sounds fine, personnal taste maybe.

hbenthow said:
By the way, what did you think of my "and purge this polluted universe of light's poison" line?

The individual words are good but they don't flow in a natural way in that sentence, to me at least.

hbenthow said:
What inconsistencies would using the (Thor and Frigga) scene create?

Because the scene would be part of this sequence...

1. Algrim sneaks into Asgard with the Warriors Three
2. Loki talks to Frigga in prison just after Algrim is locked up
3. Thor and Frigga Deleted scene
4. Thor speaks to Odin in the courtyard. Odin tells Thor to have a beer with his mates.
5. Algrim escapes and Kills Thor's mum while Malakith is invading Asgard
6. Thor has a beer with his mates that evening anyway

^ As you can see because the theatrical cut was cut up and re-arranged so much before release that scene can no longer be used. The start of the scene takes place a day after the end! :lol:

TM2YC said:
2. I've converted a daylight establishing shot of London to day-for-night as a temporary measure in my timeline...

...but I want to replace it with something similar filmed for real from another recent film. Very late evening is what I really want but I'd settle for actual night. I guess I'll have to trawl through any and all Blu-Rays I've got for such a shot but again they are surprisingly hard to find (Daylight shots of the Thames are again 10 a penny).

Maybe SHERLOCK or DOCTOR WHO might have the night shots you require?

Back
Top Bottom