• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Gill-man: B+ Movie Edition

the dark green or light green, there are different colors of green in those leaves?

version 2

21e2suu.jpg

That's getting better! A few suggestions:

1. lighten the green up on the text just a tad
  2. stick to just a couple fonts (you have at least 5 different fonts)
  3. decrease your drop shadow a bit

I'm busy this evening so I won't be able to upload it just yet. I'll get it started when I'm around later, but my Internet speed is horrendous atm, so it will probably be doing it over night. Should be able to submit it and send links to people tomorrow.

@"theryaney" - I can confirm that the Runtime is exactly 53 minutes and 41 seconds!

send me the link when its up Juni Scrib!

Sinbad said:
send me the link when its up Juni Scrib!

Keep this to PMs please. You should know by now that download requests on the forum are against the rules.

sorry about that ill delete the post

No worries. I'm looking forward to the edit too, we just have to be pretty strict about the download stuff :)

Oh, and I restored the post. We leave those in for context and so others can see that asking for links is a no-no

Anyway, I don't think I've chimed in yet on the edit, but this looks great so far! Nice work scribbler

behavioral question: does the creature eat his prey or is he merely a trophy hunter?

ssj said:
behavioral question: does the creature eat his prey or is he merely a trophy hunter?

I don't know, but you should probably avoid letting it stroke your face.

"Quickly" made this before bed - gonna be tired tomorrow!

Enjoy...

Move over 'Last Jedi' The movie event of the year has arrived, nice trailer! 

I find trailers really awkward to make, great job!

The Gill-Man: B+ Movie Edition (Submitted)

Original Runtime: 76 minutes

Edit Runtime: 53.5 Minutes

Time Cut: 24 Minutes

Time added: 1

Synopsis:

The B+ Movie Project seeks to take older classic B-Movies and, by removing the boring unnecessary, cringy and less-than-impressive elements, turn them into something better, while still maintaining the narrative and charm of the original.

The first of these is "The Gill-Man", an edit of Creature From The Black Lagoon. CFTBL has it's moments, but is bogged down by overlong scenes of underwater action, diving, swimming, as well as slow scene transitions, awkward pauses between character dialogue and a very sluggish man in a suit. 

No scenes have been removed, but nearly every scene has been trimmed. A full cutlist can be found below:

The gist:

-         Trimmed or removed various panning scenery shots throughout the film.
-         Sped up underwater shots of creature to make him appear more agile than humans underwater.
-         Slightly sped up selected shots of Creature on land in order to make him seem less sluggish and man-in-a-suit like.
-         Trimmed minimal dialogue (literally, just a couple of sentences)
-         Trimmed gaps in between certain lines of dialogue to make it seem more natural.
-         Swapped out/altered shots and audio (dialogue and music) in various scenes, either due to preference or convenience.
-         Generally went for a less is more approach. The less we see the creature, the less we realise it’s a man in a suit.
-         Overall, nearly no scene was left untouched – however, no scenes were cut and maybe two lines of dialogue were removed. The main aim being to keep the entire narrative of the film exactly the same, but make it better - more enjoyable; better paced, snappier, more intense.

Semi-complete cutlist (everything I remembered to take note of):

-         Added fanedit.org warning.
-         Added theryaney’s fanedit.org logo.
-         Added Scribbling Man logo
-         Added new title.
-         Excavator doesn’t say he will take another photo and then dig – just takes a photo and digs.
-         When we see the creature place its hand upon the shore, we fade out before it slips back into the water.
-         Cut opening shot of Marine Institute.
-         Trimmed lengthy scene of diver resurfacing.
-         Trimmed fish tank panning shot.
-         Trimmed David’s speech.
-         We don’t see the creature’s hand on the shore a second time, we fade straight to 1st person view approaching the tent. This entire sequence has been chipped and chopped. (Also, cut first shot of tent shaking)
-         Trimmed opening shots of boat.
-         Cut fade transition when Lucas frightens the alligators. Instead, we cut straight to David and Kay talking.
-         Cut shot of them calling from the rowboat.
-         Trimmed scene with creature reaching for Kay outside the camp.
-         Trimmed shot of creature splashing away.
-         Cut David telling Kay to get back on board.
-         Trimmed digging montage.
-         Trimmed shots of boat.
-         Trimmed Mark arriving on deck.
-         Trimmed arrival at Black Lagoon.
-         Heavily trimmed diving sequence.
-         Cut shot of creature grabbing for divers leg.
-         Cut out about 1.5 minutes from the swimming/stalker scene, including the creature just floating around lamely and trying to touch the woman.
-         Added shot of creature grabbing for woman's leg just before she gets on boat.
-         Heavily trimmed creature caught in net.
-         Added fade transition when Mark says to David “you’re still working for me”
-         Heavily trimmed second dive.
-         Trimmed creature’s attack on the boat and improved David’s response time.
-         Water drugging scene is very heavily trimmed. I mean, man, this scene is long!
-         Sped up panning shot of people guarding the boat.
-         Instead of panning all the way, we cut to David early.
-         Trimmed creature’s attempt to get on the boat.
-         Trimmed finding the creature with searchlight.
-         Trimmed creature’s response to the light.
-         Improved David’s reaction time in going after the creature.
-         Trimmed David and Mark swimming to where the creature was.
-         Trimmed David diving after mark.
-         Trimmed David and Marks exploration of the lagoon.
-         Numerous little shaves made here and there to the beach attack scene, adding up to approx. 12-15 sec, including:
-         Shots between Kay and creature are quicker, and Kay's reaction time is improved.
-         Improved reaction time of henchmen after Kay screams. I did this by speeding up the clip of him bracing himself.
-         Extended pause before Kay says “… But he didn’t” and added shot of creature to create a greater sense of empathy.
-         Cut several shots of the creature during when the doctor guards the trapped creature.
-         Also, cut dialogue from this scene, partly because it was pretentious (“some are afraid, like humans whistling in the dark” – really?) and partly to eliminate more shots of the creature.
-         Sped up creature smashing lantern.
-         Fixed strange pause when captain says “You wish to say something, mister?”
-         Trimmed shots of boat attempting to leave Lagoon
-         Trimmed winch scene (my gosh, this drags…).
-         Trimmed David diving to fix winch.
-         Trimmed David and Mark fighting with the creature. This is now less than half its original length.
-         Quickened Kay’s reaction to Mark’s body.
-         Trimmed David retrieving Mark’s body.
-         Trimmed drug mixing scene.
-         Altered fade transition.
-         Trimmed scene with David drugging the creature underwater.
-         Heavily trimmed second winch scene.
-         Trimmed creature climbing aboard.
-         Improved Kay’s scream reaction and sped up creature diving with her.
-         Trimmed creature and Kay arriving in Lagoon.
-         Trimmed David looking for creature in Lagoon.
-         Trimmed David fighting creature.
-         Trimmed creature getting shot to make it more relentless and less sluggish.
-         Trimmed creature’s escape.
-         Trimmed people following creature.
-         Trimmed creature’s death.

I've contacted @"DominicCobb" , but I can't see where to fill out the submission form. Could someone link me to it?

The Scribbling Man said:
I've contacted @"DominicCobb" , but I can't see where to fill out the submission form. Could someone link me to it?

It's not linked; Mr. Cobb will give it to you.

theryaney said:
Here is it:
artboard-copy-78.png

Hope you like it. :)

Thanks, @"theryaney" - I like that a lot!

Only thing I'd say is that I'd probably like to alter the synopsis on the back at somepoint, and also, I've put on the titles "A Scribbling Man Edit" (cutting out "the"). Just cos it makes more sense! 

Otherwise it's great. Assuming it gets approved, would you be able to do a poster version for he IFDB?

The Scribbling Man said:
theryaney said:
Here is it:
artboard-copy-78.png

Hope you like it. :)

Thanks, @"theryaney" - I like that a lot!

Only thing I'd say is that I'd probably like to alter the synopsis on the back at somepoint, and also, I've put on the titles "A Scribbling Man Edit" (cutting out "the"). Just cos it makes more sense! 

Otherwise it's great. Assuming it gets approved, would you be able to do a poster version for he IFDB?

Yup, Yup, and Yup.

The synopsis I'll admit is a little weird, as it is a third persom view of your description, so it was bound to change.

"A The Scribbling Man Edit" does sound weird so yeah, I'll change it. Just thought that well, that's your username.

I'll do a poster version too. Do you mean just a crop?

Back
Top Bottom