• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Gill-man: B+ Movie Edition

Did some googling and it looks like it's Gill-man.

Since there are three of these movies, you could do a serial approach and make this "Episode One: The Gill-man".

DigModiFicaTion said:

Since there are three of these movies, you could do a serial approach and make this "Episode One: The Gill-man".

Possibly. I'd have to watch the sequels and see if they're actually worth editing first though! I think they're meant to be pretty bad... Looks like the creature costume changes quite a bit as well. 

The runtime is now 54 minutes, which I was thinking makes it much more like an episode. When I watched it through earlier it kind of reminded me a bit of The Outer Limits and similar old Sci-fi serials. 

Sinbad said:
I like the idea of the B+ collection, the creature seems to be referred to as Gill-man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gill-man

PM me a link when its upped somewhere..

Will do :)

Something I haven't thought about is artwork. My sister's a graphic designer so she could probably whip something up, but she's also a busy woman. Would anyone fancy taking a swing at it?

The Scribbling Man said:
Something I haven't thought about is artwork.
Would anyone fancy taking a swing at it?
Paging @"theryaney"  ;)

DigModiFicaTion said:
The Scribbling Man said:
Paging @"theryaney"  ;)

Yeah, for sure I'll do something up. (but tbh I don't understand this edit. Let me take some time to absorb this thread):D

theryaney said:
DigModiFicaTion said:
The Scribbling Man said:
Paging @"theryaney"  ;)

Yeah, for sure I'll do something up. (but tbh I don't understand this edit. Let me take some time to absorb this thread):D

Sure thing :)

This is the original poster:

Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_poster.jpg

I quite like the idea of having something simplistic and abstract in order to contrast the crude, tacky style of the original; maybe using an image like this:

latest

The kind of thing that springs to mind is like the art for Hal9000's SW Prequel edits, though not necessarily those colours.

Just my thoughts though. I'm very happy to hear/see other ideas.

If you do a Google image search and filter for the higher resolutions you can find some very large/sharp promo photos:

creature3.jpg

1083_RS229_059114.jpg

Annex%20-%20Chapman,%20Ben%20(Creature%20From%20the%20Black%20Lagoon)_01.jpg

annex-adams-julie-creature-from-the-black-lagoon_01.jpg

^
I love that fourth photo. Oh my god, I just shat myself, do you think Bob will notice?

This is an awesome fan poster, possible cover?

creature-from-the-black-lagoon-57b50e6b49280.jpg

theryaney said:
This is an awesome fan poster, possible cover?

I'm not sure about the poster as a whole, but I like the idea of having maybe just the webbed claw, with the rest of the creature hidden. In the film its a short while before the full creature is revealed. It's a shame that the poster art cuts off the hand at the top.

Just found this:

22.jpg

Could you try cropping out the hand and doing something with that?

Alternatively, this is the fossil that sets them on trail of the creature... 

61S98HDXQJL._SL1001_.jpg

51-QZnWAw0L._SL1001_.jpg

...which could also be cool?

Also, since we're looking at art, the title needs to be confirmed. Options are:

The Gill-man: The B+ Movie Cut
The Gill-man:  B+ Movie Cut 
The Gill-man:  B+ Movie Edition 

Thoughts? Basically, whatever flows better.

Well, the final edit is now rendering. I'll watch it through tomorrow and, assuming everything is OK, upload and submit it for review.  

I'll post a cultist and synopsis once it's up. If anyone would like to see the edit before it's been approved then feel free to PM me. I'll send you a link when it's online.

Yep. I think I'll take on a poster for this. For name suggestions, I like: "The Gill-Man: B+ Edition" maybe?

theryaney said:
Yep. I think I'll take on a poster for this. For name suggestions, I like: "The Gill-Man: B+ Edition" maybe?

Hadn't thought of that... Well, the title on the version currently rendering is "B+ Movie Edition", but that can easily be changed if necessary.

The Scribbling Man said:
I'll post a cultist and synopsis once it's up. 

Woops! I meant "cutlist", of course...  ;)

@"The Scribbling Man", I just need the runtime to finish my cover art. :p

A sneak peek from the front cover...
screen-shot-2017-11-28-at-19-14-10.png

I made that out of this picture:
[img=300x300]https://www.madabouthorror.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/creature-lagoon-hand.jpg[/img]

@"jswert123456", you have a pretty good design going on, but the leaves are kinda out of place. It is a black and white edit. :)

DigModiFicaTion said:

You posted this twice, @"DigModiFicaTion". ;)

Thanks, Theryaney - that looks good! Not sure if you know, but there is a scene where the character holds a photo of the fossil in his hand, so this is pretty apt.

Runtime is 53:40 seconds... I think. Out atm, but I can double check when I get home.

theryaney said:
@"The Scribbling Man", I just need the runtime to finish my cover art. :p

A sneak peek from the front cover...
screen-shot-2017-11-28-at-19-14-10.png

I made that out of this picture:
[img=300x300]https://www.madabouthorror.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/creature-lagoon-hand.jpg[/img]

@"jswert123456", you have a pretty good design going on, but the leaves are kinda out of place. It is a black and white edit. :)

DigModiFicaTion said:

You posted this twice, @"DigModiFicaTion". ;)

wel alot of the posters and dvd and blu ray art are in color,  im not done with my cover
but thanks for the intrest

@"jswert123456" - try changing the yellow text to the same green that is in the leaves. I think it will help tie everything together better.

Back
Top Bottom