• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Gill-man: B+ Movie Edition

theryaney said:
The Scribbling Man said:
theryaney said:
Here is it:
artboard-copy-78.png

Hope you like it. :)

Thanks, @"theryaney" - I like that a lot!

Only thing I'd say is that I'd probably like to alter the synopsis on the back at somepoint, and also, I've put on the titles "A Scribbling Man Edit" (cutting out "the"). Just cos it makes more sense! 

Otherwise it's great. Assuming it gets approved, would you be able to do a poster version for he IFDB?

Yup, Yup, and Yup.

The synopsis I'll admit is a little weird, as it is a third persom view of your description, so it was bound to change.

"A The Scribbling Man Edit" does sound weird so yeah, I'll change it. Just thought that well, that's your username.

I'll do a poster version too. Do you mean just a crop?

Cool. I'll put a blurb together and send it to you. 

Yeah, just a crop, or a version with whatever dimensions are required. Thanks!

@"theryaney" and @"jswert123456" , could you both please use the following for your synopsis, please:

"The B+ Movie series is a project that seeks to take older classic B-Movies and improve upon them, while still maintaining the narrative and charm of the original. The first of these is "The Gill-Man", an edit of Creature From The Black Lagoon.

CFTBL has it's moments, but gets bogged down by overlong scenes of diving and swimming, as well as slow scene transitions, awkward pauses between character dialogue and a very sluggish man in a suit. These things prevent the film from fulfilling it's full potential and take away from some of the stronger performances.

In "The Gill-man: B+ Movie Edition", the boring, unnecessary and less-than-impressive elements have been removed, hopefully creating what is now a much more enjoyable experience."

Also, @"jswert123456" , some minor nitpicks:

• If you could remove the "Synopsis:" bit, I think it would look better. 
  • It would also be great if you could put "A Scribbling Man Edit", as opposed to "The".
  • The Runtime at the bottom doesn't need to be there as it's already displayed at the top. 
  • I might be wrong, but it also looks like there could be a double space between "Man" and "Edit".

Thanks again to both of you for putting the time in to create cover art. I really appreciate it! I'd like to use theryaney's as the IFDB poster, but I'll include the finished versions of both in the link so that people have an option as to which cover they use.

Just watched it, it achieved what it set out to do and did it well.  Great work Mr Scrib!

The Scribbling Man said:
I've contacted @"DominicCobb" , but I can't see where to fill out the submission form. Could someone link me to it?

Cobb will fill in the details when he gets back to you. Just be patient we have real lives  ;).

Sinbad said:
Just watched it, it achieved what it set out to do and did it well.  Great work Mr Scrib!

Thanks for the mini-review Sinbad. I'm looking forward to watching this myself.

front cover chick looks as though she's addressing a wedgie.

nvz5w6.jpg

ssj said:

The girl looks better in the other photo IMO. Here is my go at photo-shopping the two images together (use it if you so wish)...

24859073818_f3e6a0383b_z.jpg

..and here is a high resolution copy...

24859073818_db0752d907_o.png

The very bottom-left corner is unusable because the Creatures leg is still visible in front of hers.

TM2YC said:
ssj said:

The girl looks better in the other photo IMO. Here is my go at photo-shopping the two images together (use it if you so wish)...

Nicely done!

I like this B-flick series you seem to be launching.
You might want to create a separate thread devoted to updates and status.
Ensure thread #1 carries your mission statement and growing contents.

OK, I might have missed this earlier.  If so, kick me.
Is this a DVD or file?
What size?

As noted by TM2YC, Mr Cobb is likely at the bowling championship again.
Or preoccupied with holiday revels.

Vultural said:
I like this B-flick series you seem to be launching.
You might want to create a separate thread devoted to updates and status.
Ensure thread #1 carries your mission statement and growing contents.

OK, I might have missed this earlier.  If so, kick me.
Is this a DVD or file?
What size?

As noted by TM2YC, Mr Cobb is likely at the bowling championship again.
Or preoccupied with holiday revels.

As in, one thread for all ideas related to this project? I guess the poll I recently launched could become that. 

It's just a file atm (1.82gb), but I was thinking earlier that I might also sort a DVD out, especially as we now have 2 full DVD covers.

very noss, drivemethruyourcinema!

in the original picture, she isn't even looking at the creature. . . because, you know, the distracted butt-picking.

ssj said:
very noss, drivemethruyourcinema!

in the original picture, she isn't even looking at the creature. . . because, you know, the distracted butt-picking.

Well, if you're gonna die, you may as well look your best.

haad to fix the cover 1 more time
 the poster i originall looked at listed Julia Adams
it is actually julie adams
24fw5ew.jpg

I think final version of my cover. Changed description and Scribbling Man.

artboard-copy-82.png

Here is the poster version...
artboard-copy-81.png

@"theryaney" and @"jswert123456"  FANTASTIC COVERS both of you!!!

Wow!  Love them both!  Awesome work guys!  :D

Made a quick concept poster based on TM2YC's edited image. Feel free to use or not use or do your own thing based on it, but I don't have time to do more edits.

the_gill_man.jpg

addiesin said:
Made a quick concept poster based on TM2YC's edited image. Feel free to use or not use or do your own thing based on it, but I don't have time to do more edits.

the_gill_man.jpg

Cool, man. Thanks for doing this. It kind of reminds of what the cover of a novelisation of the film might look like. I'll probably still use theryaney's as the IFDB poster, but very happy to include this in the art section and download so people have an alternative.

After receiving some feedback from a few peeps I decided to revisit the trailer.

Back
Top Bottom