• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Flash of Two Worlds

Ok, I think might have finally cracked how Kara and Cavill could be in the same universe! Two possible scenarios: #1 might prove too much, #2 seems doable...
  1. Superman discovers Kara during his volcano mission discussed at the beginning with Alfred. Henry and Sasha could arrive on the courthouse steps as he introduces her. FX would need to pull this, not sure it can be done. We don't have an appropriate reaction for Barry to surprising GOOD news...

2. Once Barry is back in his original universe, he would of course tell the rest of the team his adventures, not just Bruce. Naturally the team might investigate, maybe a version of Kara could actually be out in this world somewhere. So let’s have Barry and Clark find her in the same cell, release her, and join her on his first flight. This can be shown in the photo ending.
In MoS there's this open pod inside the Kryptonian ship. It was revealed in a tie-in comic that it was Kara who survived the crash thousands of years ago.
word-image-2.jpeg

Which brings us to the current progress on the photo ending. I’ve got enough REALLY ROUGH photos to start laying out a real timeline to see if we can tell a good story for the ending. These photos need a lot of work to be final, but I know I can do them now.
Awesome photo-montage! I love it!

In MoS there's this open pod inside the Kryptonian ship. It was revealed in a tie-in comic that it was Kara who survived the crash thousands of years ago.
Yeah I was going to mention it but for the photo album version the timeline doesn't exactly work for this Kara to be held in cell... but thats just a minor hole.

If Clark found her on his Volcano mission, that would work fine... she's been elsewhere. But then she didn't show up for Zod's arrival in MoS when he broadcast across the globe, so that would leave a new minor hole lol.
finger-in-the-dike.jpeg

This is starting to feel more like a close to the DCEU than Aquaman 2. And I haven't even seen that movie yet! :LOL:
One more side note: I removed the dialogue when Barry tells Diana he hasn’t had sex, for good reason IMO. But it removes one layer in the overall dynamic that Young Barry in so many ways is living Older Barry's perfect life. Not only does young Barry have his mom, I have a feeling he’s not a virgin. And old Barry knows it.
Got a bit of a dilemma there? 😄

I’ve been toiling away grinding on how to make the final music of the ending satisfying. I searched unsuccessfully for the particular version of Pedro Navaja the movie uses on the kitchen radio by Natalie Fernandez, but it seems it was recorded just for the movie, to get a more feminine vibe than the original song. I was really hoping to blend the last shot of Barry singing (just before he gets the call) with the actual song, but the original just doesn’t work. I feel like I’ve tried every way to keep him singing, then having different end music, but nothing feels right.

So we gotta cut just before he sings. That doesn’t really allow breathing room before credits. But somehow I got content aware working and was able to remove Barry the rest of the shot!! I now have electricity fx to do, but I’ve got the breathing room for music!

And I *Think* I found the end music... I’ve been searching so hard already, and I think I might have found the one all, but I worry it might now work for others as well as it works for me…. It works for me because Im looking for a positive optimistic close for Barry’s journey: The whole movie could take place in as little as 26 hours and to everyone around him, nothing happened. I’m many ways, with everything back to normal, this was all just Barry learning and maturing. So the phrase “don’t worry” parallels the “let go” lesson of Barry’s mom. (“Let it go” just felt condescending imo in the theatrical release. I get it relates to the motherly advice, but with the Clooney cameo, it felt a little like a direct play to the audience to let the DCEU go.)

But once again my firends, I am asking for your help - I’d love your music ideas again! As a sheltered religious kid, my knowledge of mainstream music is lacking, but you all have done amazing so far!

Here is the rough scene unscored. While I work on FX, lets see what you can do!
Time for you all to have fun! Lets see more ideas!!

Youtube Multiplier link

I kinda like the music you have already. Ending Snyder's grimdark edgelord DCEU with a song that's the exact opposite of that feels almost too perfect.

But, if you're looking for similar alternatives, maybe The Beatles' 'Life Goes On'?

The original version woud work, but it you're looking for a more modern cover, this could work too

Or, if you're looking for a less sacarine version...

Perhaps you could even mix and match them in a final multiversal bit of musical shenanigans.

Last edited:
Great ending @Wakeupkeo (y) :love::giggle:

I had an idea, but based on what I now see, it is probably not needed but I will share anyways...
For just a final giggle, if you cut from the first act where Barry steals the hot dog, you could insert it here after Barry runs off screen?
But that might undermine the tone for the ending?

"Don't Worry, Be Happy" -- absolutely LOVE it! Big smiles.

"Ob-La-Di" -- OMG, I love that too!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though personally, I would absolutely go with the original Beatles version. Every remake is a pale imitation imo.

I had an idea, but based on what I now see, it is probably not needed but I will share anyways...
For just a final giggle, if you cut from the first act where Barry steals the hot dog, you could insert it here after Barry runs off screen?
But that might undermine the tone for the ending?
I went to check, and damn it works pretty well! But is it possible to make Barry run the other way around?

I ADORE the new ending, Keo! :love: It really does feel like the end of an era compared to the official release.

The final shot could use a little more work, though. 😄

This movie was made for fan edits ! I’m liking what you have changed and your intent - keep up the good work !

Wow friends, we have made it to the preview stage!

The-Flash-Poster-v2-copy.jpg

I can't thank you all enough for all the feedback and contributions to this edit! It was very kind of you all to share such great ideas and such great music!!

I've been reviewing this a ton for technical errors, and plan to take a couple days break and then be more objective with the result on another watch later this week, to evaluate the overall result. If anyone would like to get a preview the nearly finished result, please PM me!

Final Cut list:

• Initial shot of Barry’s calorie clock removed
  • Removed fans of the Flash
  • Added new title credits
  • Added “Batman voice” to Batman dialogue, removed snarky “If you don’t mind” line
  • Removed Barry calling victims ungrateful
  • Removed Batman’s bike shooting what seems like actual bullets
  • Removed school bus of children shots, since I am confused on how this spike strip would actually stop the getaway car’s momentum enough NOT to kill the kids (I know Batman only meant to ‘scare’ the getaway car away from the kids lol)
  • Added deleted footage of getaway car driving through the square
  • Removed Alfred’s smug “history proves my calculations are usually correct“ line
  • Trimmed and rescored the infamous “baby shower” scene to “Baby Blue” by Badfinger
  • Removed Barry’s dialogue to nurse after rescue
  • Trimmed “lasso of truth” truth dialogue
  • Removed Barry’s discussion with boss
  • Trimmed dialogue with coworkers outside slightly
  • Removed Barry receiving flash drive, changed to Barry already being in possession of the flash drive but the video is not fixed enough to help.
  • Fx to distort “fixed” footage from Bruce so that it’s still not fixed enough to see Henry’s face
  • Removed Child Barry running out the door when he’s supposed to be calling 911
  • Removed chronobowl shot of Bruce’s “I’m sorry” note
  • Removed Bruce turning down Barry wanting to hang out
  • Removed Barry mentioning “killer” when showing Iris the distorted video footage
  • Removed “tooth falling out during lightning strike” gag
  • Removed Young Barry causing the intersection band equipment scene
  • Trimmed dialogue to remove Young Barry outright saying it’s tight “in the dick”
  • Updated Zods entrance with replaced tv screens with actual MoS footage and updated audio of the MoS transmission
  • Added some audio and footage from the deleted scenes for the arrival at Wayne Manor
  • Rescored Keaton Wayne entrance fight with score from ‘89 Batman movie
  • Tightened Keaton Bruce’s time travel rules explanation
  • Added deleted scene of the Barrys exiting Wayne Manor
  • Removed Puma product placement shot as Old Barry climbs down the Batcave ladder
  • Added a little extra footage of Young Barry exploring the Batcave, removed “I almost died”
  • Replaced “dip set” line with deleted line about questioning why Keaton Bruce knows so much about time travel
  • Removed “rips dicks” line
  • Removed old Barry puking due to fast travel, since he did that to others in JL without the same results
  • Removed “scrotum” jokes
  • Tightened Kara rescue and the sphere drop
  • Added deleted scene of Young Barry wondering if he marries Kara, with fx to add Zod arrival on background tv
  • Added Fayora asking “you are unwilling to comply?”
  • Removed Zod hearing Kara say “No”
  • Added some deleted footage of the electric chair being built
  • Removed Kara getting hit by lightning
  • Removed “yeah, hope?” line from young Barry
  • Added line from older Barry about it getting “nuts out there”
  • Rescored the Kyrptonian fight scene to “Never Surrender” by Triumph
  • Removed seeing inside most alternate realities, except the 50s B&W Superman and Golden Age Flash, and the 60s Batman TV Show chronobowls (universes.)
  • Added Wayne package giving Barry the flash drive of the fixed video one he is back to the future, replacing note from Iris.
  • Trimmed out mention from lawyer of Henry “looking up”
  • Trimmed down Barry’s quote to reporters
  • Trimmed the ending, added photographs of the end of the DCEU (if AQ2 came before The Flash) Including Barry and Iris dating and getting married, and the return of Darksied
  • Ending rescored to Bobby McFerrin’s “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” as a respectful ending to the DCEU.

Too late for one last suggestion for the end? Not so sure about that ending song...😁 since you have a couple of cool rockers, how about the perfect one for the end? Drown in the lyrics...

Last edited:
Too late for one last suggestion for the end? Not so sure about that ending song...😁 since you have a couple of cool rockers, how about the perfect one for the end? Drown in the lyrics...

This is pretty good! I will definitely consider it! :)

Very excited for this one. Your DCEU edits are, in my humble opinion, the best there are out there.
Damn, that is huge knowing how much excellent work you have done in the DCEU. Thank you, that is beyond kind and very humbling!!! I also await your SS edit!!!! Love that its picking up momentum again!!

Last edited:

Holy smoke! Now that's an epic ending! That's one of the coolest looking fanedit posters that I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom