• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Flash of Two Worlds

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bad Movie Made Less Bad Presents:
Barry Learns His Lesson.

Hello friends! One more DCEU edit! Yay!! s/

Disclaimer: @Jordank already released a GREAT FLASH EDIT that unfortunately just cuts a bit TOO much for me. But please check theirs out as well!

I watched The Flash in theaters with high hopes. And in the end, I didn't have any major problem with characters, just the terrible GGI and the fact that Barry didn't actually learn the lesson in the end. I've been slowly carving into this stone block for a while now, but only now feel ready to discuss publicly. I felt any editing that I did was mostly superficial and down to a matter of taste unless the elephant in the room was addressed IMO - the fact that Barry still tries to fix the past by moving the tomatoes.

I was able to remove the arrival of the flash drive package in the beginning of the movie. Pretty simple to just rush past it and have Barry just be in an overall hopeless place, ruminating that he is still unable to save his father, even after now working in forensics as he hoped:

Initially I hoped that Barry could be surprised in court by new developments, but his reaction throughout the courtroom shots are never excited enough to sell that narrative. So my second solution was to just have Barry meet his Dad, even though he can't save him. Its kinda dark and sad, but at least he learns to let go, as he had just learned in the chronobowl:

But this was never satisfying enough for me, so I kept working. And now I figure if I can change the text on the note from Bruce, we can surprise Barry at home, to fit with his mood at the courthouse. Open to constructive critisism of the note. If the text is short enough, I think handwriting is appropriate, but for now I leaned in on typed text for easier legibility in a quick read:
Wayne-note-2.jpg

Armed with that, also wanted Barry to express his surprise at the new development with the evidence. Using previous lines in the movie, I think I got it, while having older Barry pick up younger Barry's "beeves" line, and hopefully it works as an example of older Barry's remaining bonded with the memory of younger Barry:
The note on the page still needs work I know.

With this major problem somewhat addressed, here are some rough clips of the other edited sequences.

I wanted to give it a more traditional title sequence:

And of course, the infamouse babies scene needed to be addressed. Initially I had removed it completely, with the intention of having Barry's first chronobowl journey to end with the sandwich-maker, but without his head popping through in that scene, Barry's revelation of his abilities never really hits right. So I went back and wanted to figure out how I can keep the babies narrative without all the issues. Here's the tightened Babies sequence currently. I removed the babies being individually in danger, the baby in the mocrowave, and Barry eating. (I left in the dog so the end credits are still relevant.):
I think its currently adequate, but it could be amazing with just the right song added. (Hopefully with the word "Baby" used frequently?)

One thing that bothered me was a few lines that Alfred and Affleck Bruce say to Barry. I removed Alfred's line about his calculations being right "history will prove they usually are" and Affleck Bruce's line after saying that someone has to save the world "so I was gonna do that if you don't mind". But also when Barry and Affleck Bruce are chatting in the alley, and Barry reaches out to hang out, Bruce turns him down. I know the line he says "not this time" is foreshadowing and actually the last time Affleck Bruce sees Barry, but it just seems cold to me. Instead, we end on Affleck mentioning ending up alone:

Another thing that bugged me was Keaton Bruce mentioning "multiverse." Maybe when this movie SHOULD have first come out, it would have been fun, but now its just tiring when I hear that. Instead, these time traveling parameters in this movie are simply specific to Barry's time traveling hopefully, and not another "multiverse explaination" in a larger sense:

Last edited:
Kara knowing how she can attract lightning seemed a bit too much too for me, so lets trim that out:

And definitely removed seeing inside most alternate realities, except the 50s B&W Superman and Golden Age Flash, and the 60s Batman TV Show chronobowls (universes.) I kept these classics so the Barries still understands what they are seeing:

And after seeing this great post by @WhatTheActualMark about the "lets get nuts" line stuff, I folded a little into this edit so Keaton Bruce gets a bit of a prompt before he says "lets get nuts":

And lets trim out Clooney and end on a proper final title card:

The general current cut list is as follows:
Tightened Alfred and Barry phone call to remove Barry mentioning his normal barista's name and about her boyfriend, and the "how many first choices did you have?" joke
Removed the kids seeing Flash in the street.
Removed original title, added new title graphics.
Removed Affleck Batman saying "so I was gonna do that if you don't mind" - rude to Barry
Removed schoolbus and kids shots, the spike strip did not seem like enough to save the kids IMO if the hummer kept driving. Instead, I added a couple deleted shots of the hummer crashing through pedestrian area
Removed Alfred saying "history will prove they usually are" - too cocky
Tightened infamous baby sequence, removed Barry eating and saving babies mid flight, only catches them all. No baby in the microwave.
Removed Lasso of Truth dialogue.
Removed Barry getting chewed out by his boss.
Removed Wayne package giving Barry the flash drive.
Removed child Barry running out of the house after his mom is stabbed.
Removed Wayne turning down Barry's offer to hang out - seemed to highlight again Barry reaching out and Bruce not realizing it.
Removed the lost tooth gag.
Trimmed the end out of Young Barry's first public dash when he is in the intersection.
Removed Bruce's "multiverse" word when explaining time issues.
Removed "scrotum" references.
Removed older Barry saying "Dip Set".
Added a trimmed version of Young Barry being infatuated with unconscious Kara.
Removed Zod seeing Kara saying "No".
Removed Kara taking Barry to the sky to be electrocuted the second time.
Removed seeing inside most alternate realities, except the 50s B&W Superman and Golden Age Flash, and the 60s Batman TV Show chronobowls (universes.)
Added Wayne package giving Barry the flash drive of the fixed video one he is back to the future.
Removed George Clooney, identity of new Batman is open-ended.
Replaced Director credit with a Flash Title screen.

Current FX need polishing and there are some deleted scene shots I want to use that will need fx fixes for background tv screens, so this edit will take much more time. Please feel free to debate these cuts or aditional cuts you feel might be necessary! Let me know what you hated in this movie and why, and maybe I can address it!

Thanks for reading!

The-Flash-Poster-v1.jpg

I think its currently adequate, but it could be amazing with just the right song added. (Hopefully with the word "Baby" used frequently?)
What about Dance Magic Dance from Labyrinth? Might not work, but 'tis a classic "baby" song.

Fantastic work on the baby shower! That works really well. it's a bit washed out though, is that intentional?
I like the idea to change the writing on the note, that works well. The 'beaves' line doesn't sound right though. The quality of the audio doesn't seem to match the environment, it sounds oddly muffled.

I'm not planning to watch this movie again any time soon, but I think it's great work you've done here. :)

Absolutely LOVE this!
It pretty much addresses every issue I had with the original.

Anyway I can convince you into keeping the Reeve and Slater cameo? It is probably the only time the viewer will ever see these two together in the same shot.

What about Dance Magic Dance from Labyrinth? Might not work, but 'tis a classic "baby" song.
Well damn, Its also Bowie! So good!!!

Fantastic work on the baby shower! That works really well. it's a bit washed out though, is that intentional?
I like the idea to change the writing on the note, that works well. The 'beaves' line doesn't sound right though. The quality of the audio doesn't seem to match the environment, it sounds oddly muffled.

I'm not planning to watch this movie again any time soon, but I think it's great work you've done here. :)
Thank you!! I don't blame you! Yes, I am noticing a little washing out in the non-chronobowl stuff, which is SOOO vivid. Gotta work on that, thank you! And thank you, will keep working on the audio there!!

Absolutely LOVE this!
It pretty much addresses every issue I had with the original.

Anyway I can convince you into keeping the Reeve and Slater cameo? It is probably the only time the viewer will ever see these two together in the same shot.
Hmmm, to be fair, its didn't look as bad as Cage or the JL cameos. As I know how much you love that classic stuff, you thought it was ok? That is something definitely to consider... I could remove Cage, but Cavill punching and Affleck throwing the batarang were just SOOOO bad!

Hmmm, to be fair, its didn't look as bad as Cage or the JL cameos. As I know how much you love that classic stuff, you thought it was ok?
For me, because I did not expect it, it generated genuine FEEEEEELS in me! LOL To see them side by side, I must admit, it made this Old Fanboy's heart flutter. 😁

THE FLASH: RACE AGAINST TIME
I quite like this one, as by the end, young Barry is trying to save Supergirl and Batman, but every time he tries, the outcome remains the same. It also alludes to how this edit makes the movie less about the multiverse and more about "alternate timelines".

Think about it, will ya?

I quite like this one, as by the end, young Barry is trying to save Supergirl and Batman, but every time he tries, the outcome remains the same. It also alludes to how this edit makes the movie less about the multiverse and more about "alternate timelines".

Think about it, will ya?
Nice! I do like where thats going.
These might be too dark:
"The Flash - Fate's Race"
"The Flash - Elegy of the Speedster"
"The Flash - Velocity of Heartache"

Will you alter Batfleck's voice when he's in the suit? It sounds odd hearing his normal voice.
I hadn't noticed but now I can't not notice!!!

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, I like most of the changes. Huge huge fan of the new title sequence, I love it! it works so much better. Is it possible to make The Flash title card disappear in a lightning bolt effect, or keep the original effect instead of it just fading out?

Great job on Bruce's note! It is barely noticeable and solves the issue.

Ngl, I'm not a fan of the idea of introducing a different Batman at the end, whether it's Clooney or someone else. But I see that your version is somhow similar the one that was screened to test audiences.

As for the title, how about soberly naming it "Flashpoint"?

Is the color grading definitive?

Last edited:
Sorry I'm a little late to the party, I like most of the changes. Huge huge fan of the new title sequence, I love it! it works so much better. Is it possible to make The Flash title card disappear in a lightning bolt effect, or keep the original effect instead of it just fading out?

Great job on Bruce's note! It is barely noticeable and solves the issue.

Ngl, I'm not a fan of the idea of introducing a different Batman at the end, whether it's Clooney or someone else. But I see that your version is somhow similar the one that was screened to test audiences.

As for the title, how about soberly naming it "Flashpoint"?

Is the color grading definitive?
Buddy!! Thank you!
Color grading definitely not definitive! Needs a lot of work all around lol just narrative for now.

I completely agree on the ending. Right now I think it’s the best with what we’ve got. But ACTUALLY, when I started working on this edit, that’s where I started, the final scene. I’d love it to be cameos nonstop, with cavill, Diana, affleck, Sasha AND Keaton, hell even Ryan Reynolds if it really were the end of the universe (as it should be. Aquaman 2 should have come first, and with Blue Beetle having a history of heroes, should cane come after.) But that scene is a someday wish list as my skills and tools improve.

For Batfleck's voice, might I suggest looking to this video? It's a re-up of a deleted video by Bauan Edits, who has done an AMAZING job restoring the old voice modulator effect from BvS/JWJL! :D

Also, great job on the new title sequence! (y) I would recommend erasing the DC logo above the title; that way, it doesn't look like it's been ripped directly from the trailer. ;)

Regarding Batfleck's voice -- why would Bruce need to alter/disguise his voice when talking to Barry, Alfred or Diana? They all know his true identity and at this point are trusted allies.

Also, since in this version, Barry is supposed to have learned his lesson, does it make sense to end on a new Batman if the timeline has been corrected? Is there a possible more appropriate end point before Bruce's phone call?

Last edited:
Regarding Batfleck's voice -- why would Bruce need to alter/disguise his voice when talking to Barry, Alfred or Diana? They all know his true identity and at this point are trusted allies.

Also, since in this version, Barry is supposed to have learned his lesson, does it make sense to end on a new Batman if the timeline has been corrected? Is there a possible more appropriate end point before Bruce's phone call?
Great points, I probably only would adjust Bruce’s voice a little for an in suit/out of suit difference in “gruffness” but certainly not as much as BvS. I’ll check, was his voice different in JL?

As for the ending, I agree, maybe more can be done… my original idea was to have him come home to Cavill and Affleck, maybe more, and have his “who the f is this” being a joke cameo like Ryan Reynolds.

Otherwise I’m not sure a good enough “ending” vibe is available before Briuces call…
But SUPER open to ideas here!!!

Now with AI, I mean, the possibilities are endless. Within the confines of the St Paul’s Cathedral west front where the final scene outside the courthouse was shot, what would YOU write as the best possible way to send this DCEU off?

OK, I'm imagining Affleck walks up, then Diana walks up, then Cavill flies in right when Diana stops and they both say "Barry, we need your help." Barry would be so happy see them all. Then someone runs in and says "Sorry I'm late" and Barry says "who the f is this?" It seems odd for him to say that to Sasha or Keaston, but if we could get them in too, to show that somehow Barry saved them all?

OK, I'm imagining Affleck walks up, then Diana walks up, then Cavill flies in right when Diana stops and they both say "Barry, we need your help." Barry would be so happy see them all. Then someone runs in and says "Sorry I'm late" and Barry says "who the f is this?" It seems odd for him to say that to Sasha or Keaston, but if we could get them in too, to show that somehow Barry saved them all?
Imagine Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern shows up. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom