• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Flash of Two Worlds

My thoughts are as follows:

I am in the minority, but I enjoyed the cameos. The video game look didn’t bother me in the slightest as CGI style/look was established right at the start with the Babies Fall and then reinforced by the Chrono Bowl. So for me, this is a non-issue. So I think this comes down to the editor’s personal taste. For, the way it is cut now, Reeve/Slater cameo plays a bit awkward and abrupt. Again, I loved how the cameo starts with Reeve and unexpectedly Slater appears beside him — for me, FEELS. For others,it’s an uncanny valley of emotional disconnect.

I think trying to add additional cameos from other sources would be a massive undertaking, especially in trying to match the look of the Chrono Bowl. I think to do so would require a tremendous amount of passion for the source material. So again, it is about the editor’s connection to the DCU and what they want to say with this final entry.

Thank you for your thoughts @bionicbob. I thnk I am going to go with almost no faces then, but I will make a version with faces just for you when I am done!

OK, this is hilarious. I posted a "Babies" version with no music:

Then used the mashup site to try it with:
Note: seems to work sporadically on desktop, reload if music is too loud. Doesn’t really work on mobile.

Baby Baby:
Flash Britney Baby Baby

Magic Dance
Labyrinth Bowie

And OMG Badfinger!
Flash Badfinger Baby Blue

And I seem to have maxed out before I could do Bread. I must wait to post more. But these are AWESOME! All actually work great and surprisingly Badfinger works AMAZINGLY WELL with just the right lyrics!!!

Time for you all to have fun! Lets see more ideas!!

Youtube Multiplier link

The other two scenes without music that need more emotion:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't think there's any way of avoiding the whole uncanny valley aspect of the CGI in this movie. You've either got to embrace it or reject it completely. I don't think you can do any half-measures. The George Reeves stuff is just as off-putting as the Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater recreations to me.

I don't think there's any way of avoiding the whole uncanny valley aspect of the CGI in this movie. You've either got to embrace it or reject it completely. I don't think you can do any half-measures. The George Reeves stuff is just as off-putting as the Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater recreations to me.
There were only two ways to make this film, either a standalone Flash story or a proper Flashpoint adaption, which could've been the best way to close the entire DCEU chapter. Warner screwed up badly with this one.

There were only two ways to make this film, either a standalone Flash story or a proper Flashpoint adaption, which could've been the best way to close the entire DCEU chapter. Warner screwed up badly with this one.
Agreed.

And the shoddy CGI is also on the studio. If you want quality, you have to give the artists working on it the time and money to do it properly, which these guys clearly didn't thanks to the cluster#&@* caused by Ezra's legal issues and the lack of any clear vision from the corporate bean counters

Hell yeah these are awesome!!!
Badass! Love the "It all started when I lost my mother" line! I normally wouldn't love this song, but this version works so well!!

This had a that high note right when Batman flies in, damn that gave me chills!! Overall might be a bit to slow for the final song but on its own its glorious!

I swear the kitchen fight scene works so well without any music!
Agreed!

But this is hilarious and silly. Love it. Tempting, and all great ideas.

The George Reeves stuff is just as off-putting as the Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater recreations to me.
For me its the LEAST off-putting, since it was definitely before my time so I'm not as tied to it. I only remember clips of the old stuff, in low quality anyways. I'm only keeping them because it establishes what these big spheres are that we are seeing.

And the CGI that I can't avoid is worst than the cameos IMO - its the Cavill and especially Affleck throwing the Batarang that is god awful.

If you want quality, you have to give the artists working on it the time and money to do it properly
Well, considering when this movie was started and some of the main stuff probably had YEARS to be polished, I don't think time is the issue. I still remember thinking that since Covid pushed back WW84, they had time to make it better. They clearly left it untouched during that whole time, rather than spend money. Its so damn frustrating.

Badass! Love the "It all started when I lost my mother" line! I normally wouldn't love this song, but this version works so well!!
Ikr, I'm not a huge fan of the original song either, but it has some serious kicks, it made The One (2001) ending epic. I chose the synthwave version for this clip especially for the retro feel.
Imo, leave it that way, even the awkwardness and the comedic aspect of the situation are amplified.

Back
Top Bottom