• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Flash of Two Worlds

I definitely like the idea of a Ryan Reynolds cameo if you can make it work.

If you end with Bruce and Diana saying that they need Barry's help, it could be funny to follow this up with a post credits sequence using the ending of the Peacemaker show. You'd have to add in Batman yourself though.

I was also thinking about whether you'd be able to incorporate the Barry/Superman race from JL17 in an ending scene, for the sake of having the two on screen together one last time in a lighthearted moment - assuming you didn't already use the scene in your JL edit. Or if there's any other footage cut from your edits that could be repurposed here.

If you end with Bruce and Diana saying that they need Barry's help, it could be funny to follow this up with a post credits sequence using the ending of the Peacemaker
Oooh, that could be interesting, giving the crew one final thing to show up for, Only to have peacemaker say

Ha ha awesome!!

Edit - Damnit, wrong suit.

Oooh, that could be interesting, giving the crew one final thing to show up for, Only to have peacemaker say

Ha ha awesome!!

Edit - Damnit, wrong suit.
It is unfortunately the wrong suit. I personally don't think it's a problem if it's just a short scene at the end, but I get not wanting any sort of inconsistency.

I can see Barry dropping the f-word at Ryan Reynolds 😄 If somehow Cavill has to appear, it should as Clark Kent, not Superman, that he can pass for a reporter covering a case. Not sure if Diana or Arthur should be present tho, since they have no ties with the case. One is an archaeologist, the other is a drunk hobo.

If The Flash is supposed to end the DCEU, have you considered a final credits à la Endgame ?

Ohh I like this. Clark being more human in the reporter role, and footage from another Cavill movie could be sourced! Hell yeah… and it makes sense. Diana already had her cameo and this might give the movie that “rounded out” feel, maybe make some quip about the volcano he was just at.

Gonna be tough, he doesn't have much-acting credits to his belt, and the only other movie where he slightly looks like classic Clark Kent is Code U.N.C.L.E., where he wears a suit, but no glasses.

But since you didn't use the Superman cameo in Champion of Khandak, maybe it can be recycled here?

New updates!

Adjusted Flash Drive
The flash drive has been bothering me, in that it appears in the end with no warning. So I wanted to try to still have a failed attempt in the beginning. I still want to avoid the "looking up" aspect, so chop chop! Dialogue is a bit tight at one point I know, but I think it works to have Barry in an overall bad mood at the beginning of the movie, because he already knows this. And now, the positive results of the flash drive at the end (still without the looking up part, just cleaned up footage) feel more natural.
That also means distorting the "fixed footage" in the tv screens. Dialogue is still rough ("You still can't see your face"), but I think it working.

Second up, Zod's Transmission
I wanted to see if I could get more of the MoS transmission into this edit. The amount of dialogue time in Flash is extremely trunkated compared to MoS, so I had to pick and choose. The linke "I come from a world far from yours" just didn't feel as unique and memorable as "I've crossed an ocean of stars to reach you." And had to try to get in the initial "You are not alone"
Also, the video transmission. This is testing my fx skills but I'm replacing the old stuff for the new. Mostly. (Theres a couple barry shots where the transmission is on the side, but I don't think they are too different. Pretty good right now but I think I can do better.

Anyway I can convince you into keeping the Reeve and Slater cameo? It is probably the only time the viewer will ever see these two together in the same shot.
New Cameo sequence - I kept most of Reeve and Slater but tried to skip the Uncanny Valley parts. Would this get your heart still BB?

I would recommend erasing the DC logo above the title; that way, it doesn't look like it's been ripped directly from the trailer. ;)
Is it possible to make The Flash title card disappear in a lightning bolt effect, or keep the original effect instead of it just fading out?
Updated, great ideas!

Is the color grading definitive?
It's a bit washed out though, is that intentional?
I figured out where the problem was, something in my proxie method and output, fixed now! Thank you!!

Last edited:
I dig the inclusion of the original Zod's transmission, so much better compared to the somehow less intense version we got in The Flash.
New Cameo sequence - I kept most of Reeve and Slater but tried to skip the Uncanny Valley parts. Would this get your heart still BB?
There's something that puts me completely off with this cameo fest, I know lots of people love it, but I don't know in my case, without real actors, it just feels useless and more fake than usual. Have you tried using footage from other movies? Green Lantern or Rorschach looking at the sky and noticing a crack wide open in the universe, something like that?
The whole opening is absolutely awesome!

Green Lantern or Rorschach looking at the sky and noticing a crack wide open in the universe, something like that?
Or even The Batman.
Robert Pattinson Cinema GIF by The Batman
Robert Pattinson Dc GIF by The Batman

There's something that puts me completely off with this cameo fest, I know lots of people love it, but I don't know in my case, without real actors, it just feels useless and more fake than usual. Have you tried using footage from other movies? Green Lantern or Rorschach looking at the sky and noticing a crack wide open in the universe, something like that?
@bionicbob love your thoughts here, but I do love the idea of trying to use actual footage... But the juice might not be worth the squeeze... lol

I think a good compromise would be to include some Danny Elfman's Flash score, the one from JL17 and maybe the main theme of the 1990 cancelled TV show.
Maybe dropping it a few points would help, like into the babies scene would be enough to establish his "theme"? I'm not sure about threading more music throughout, that would require an insane amount of work...

Maybe dropping it a few points would help, like into the babies scene would be enough to establish his "theme"? I'm not sure about threading more music throughout, that would require an insane amount of work...
While the OST is far from being memorable, I don't think there's a need for a massive soundtrack change either, except imo for the baby shower, and a couple of songs that just don't fit, the kitchen fight and Salute your solution in the climax, to be more specific.

Back
Top Bottom