• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Flash of Two Worlds

I’m pretty good with photoshop…

What if the end credits had photos of Barry with the JL crew, showing the “happy ending DCEU“? Photos of them pal’ing around, on missions, having families and growing old together? Maybe scrapbook photos on top of a background of classic comics pages of similar events?

If anyone can help me with ideas and find the comic images along those lines, I can make similar versions with this actual DCEU crew…
This is an awesome idea, Keo!

Maybe start with
  1. Barry and Iris dating
  2. a wedding shot with Barry and Iris at Clark and Lois wedding surrounded by the JL team
  3. Classic scenes from comics of the JL team in action
  4. Growing old and retiring like Keaton Batman, to a safe world.

I’m pretty good with photoshop…

What if the end credits had photos of Barry with the JL crew, showing the “happy ending DCEU“? Photos of them pal’ing around, on missions, having families and growing old together? Maybe scrapbook photos on top of a background of classic comics pages of similar events?

If anyone can help me with ideas and find the comic images along those lines, I can make similar versions with this actual DCEU crew…
Okay this by far the best idea for The Flash I heard since the movie was release. On it boss 🫡

Barry and Iris get married in the Arrowverse? Does live action dating pictures works as well? Some deepfakes could do the trick.

Live action are excellent for me as source assets for the photoshopping, sure!!!
And printed comics of DC Comics team-up of the Golden Age Flash and Silver Flash and established the Multiverse for DC, or any that are just awesome shots of the team :)

Yes, they got married in The Crisis on Earth-X crossover.
I don't know much but maybe Barry DOESN'T marry Iris? Bob, I'd love your ideas too - is there a better "timeline" series of photos you can imagine to close it all out with respect?

I don't know much but maybe Barry DOESN'T marry Iris? Bob, I'd love your ideas too - is there a better "timeline" series of photos you can imagine to close it all out with respect?
DC comic continuity is always in flux. In some iterations they are married, in others they are not.

I don’t think you need to feel beholden to any of it. Just go with what you would have loved to have seen.

I uncertain what to specifically suggest since the majority of the Snyder-DCU movies were a frustrating disappointment for me. The only ones I genuinely enjoyed were the original Aquaman and Wonder Woman. For me, even a bad season of one of my Arrowverse shows is more rewatchable and rewarding than most of the DCU movies. Not sure what that says about me???? :ROFLMAO:🤪😜

Here's a small selection.
Gorgeous!!! I’m already working on the wedding photo!

Bob, love the sentiments and no sweat on the DCEU views! Hell, I only think I love them so much because I’ve edited them. I was so mad at MoS because it wasn’t what I wanted, but I’ve grown to love what we got. That said, it might be fun to use a couple photos to “course correct” these characters into a more golden age (my goal of all my DCEU edits lol) Maybe photobombing Supes rescuing a cat from a tree for a child, etc and/or making a joke about not brooding anymore? :ROFLMAO:

Ok, more brainstorming…

The photos could be a chance to close up loose ends… We could show a photo of the crew over a defeated Darkseid, with maybe a shot before of him returning to earth….

Any more loose ends we could close? Maybe a shot of the team in a “key to the city” kind of ceremony but begrudgingly presenting the key to… James Gunn?

Since he’s old, Bruce could actually retire from crime fighting, maybe show him waiting on Alfred, starting some foundation in Robins memory… or getting a new female Robin lol

Arthur might look like a proper professional diplomat by then, with shots of his kid growing up

Shazam, Black Adam and Clark all about to fight, then next photo all laughing together and posing for a group selfie.

Ah this is fun.

Last edited:
Potential title names
The Flash - Back to the Future
Flash Back to the Future
Back to the Future part 4lash

a more golden age (my goal of all my DCEU edits lol)
More like Bronze/Silver Age, Golden Age heroes were kinda much more violent, Batman was openly killing criminals with guns and Superman was more serious, he choke thugs until they faint, smash them into wall, suspend them in the air until they talk, etc.
Any more loose ends we could close? Maybe a shot of the team in a “key to the city” kind of ceremony but begrudgingly presenting the key to… James Gunn?
Okay that's funny, or getting rewarded by president Schwarzenegger (I love that trope).
or getting a new female Robin lol
Carrie Kelley, from The Dark Knight Returns ? I can see the girl from D&D, Sophia Lillis.
Shazam, Black Adam and Clark all about to fight, then next photo all laughing together and posing for a group selfie.
Or they can have a proper fight, tbh I can hardly see Superman having a selfie with superpowered Saddam Hussein 😅

Last edited:
Ok, I think might have finally cracked how Kara and Cavill could be in the same universe! Two possible scenarios: #1 might prove too much, #2 seems doable...
  1. Superman discovers Kara during his volcano mission discussed at the beginning with Alfred. Henry and Sasha could arrive on the courthouse steps as he introduces her. FX would need to pull this, not sure it can be done. We don't have an appropriate reaction for Barry to surprising GOOD news...

2. Once Barry is back in his original universe, he would of course tell the rest of the team his adventures, not just Bruce. Naturally the team might investigate, maybe a version of Kara could actually be out in this world somewhere. So let’s have Barry and Clark find her in the same cell, release her, and join her on his first flight. This can be shown in the photo ending.

Which brings us to the current progress on the photo ending. I’ve got enough REALLY ROUGH photos to start laying out a real timeline to see if we can tell a good story for the ending. These photos need a lot of work to be final, but I know I can do them now. Here’s the main story points I think I can create:
  1. We begin with a JL team photo at the party for Barry’s dad’s release
  2. Then we get Barry and Iris on their first date. Pizza of course!
  3. Barry speding quality time with dad...
  4. Then Barry and Clark get Kara.
  5. Then John Stewart sits with the rest of the JL…
  6. Before they stand before another attack from Darkseid
  7. A live action dead Darkseid is proving tough, but we can use the comic version.
  8. Then Clark and Lois get married!
  9. Then let’s touch on the actual The Flash of Two Worlds story, and some shots of Barry and Jay classic comics
  10. Then back to Barry and Iris, this time hiking and in Paris
  11. Then classic comics shots of Barry proposing to Iris before…
  12. Barry and Iris get married!!
  13. And let’s close with a final team JL shot flying into action.

Here is the current idea, please be patient for perfect photoshops lol But I welcome constructive criticism about the ideas here!
Also - this current form for showing the photos and credits is just to figure out the photo story. Once the narrative is confirmed, I want to add electricity and other animation to the photo idea.

One more side note: I removed the dialogue when Barry tells Diana he hasn’t had sex, for good reason IMO. But it removes one layer in the overall dynamic that Young Barry in so many ways is living Older Barry's perfect life. Not only does young Barry have his mom, I have a feeling he’s not a virgin. And old Barry knows it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom