• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Emotional Support Thread

Was this Wal-Mart?  I understand completely about wanting out of a job like that, but I remember you saying a lot of great things about it too.  Did anything change?

I've been contemplating quitting my job too, but it's pretty easy and my boss is really relaxed.  I just can't shake the feeling that there are far easier jobs for far better pay out there.

Alot has changed over the past several years.  I've known I hated my job for a long time,  but i used to still recommend it if you just want a low level job and don't want to move up.  Now it just all sucks.

In that case, it's great you're moving on.  I'm really not sure how great Wal-Mart is, jobs-wise.  They kill a lot of local business jobs which would probably be really enjoyable, but on the other hand they probably employ more people overall than those businesses combined.  Glad you're out.

Thanks man.  Unemployment is stressful,  but i still feel less stressed than working there.

So, I'm still in love with that friend, and after fucking up in October and revealing my feelings for her, we're back to finally having somewhat of a normal friendship.  Any advice on getting over this person besides cutting them off completely?

All I can say is appreciate the relationship you do have with her. Having her as a friend may not be preferable to having her as a girlfriend, but it's certainly preferable to not having her at all.

But when will it stop hurting so much?  That you'll never even be as good of friends as you want...?  I wish I just didn't care, but I can't.

Handman said:
But when will it stop hurting so much?

I wish I could say. I was only able to truly appreciate the friendship I had with the love of my life retroactively, after several years of introspection. I know now I'd be able to enjoy a platonic relationship with her, to love her from afar without being tormented, but I can't because I burned the bridges between us a long time ago.

@"Handman" start looking for someone else.

Duragizer said:
All I can say is appreciate the relationship you do have with her. Having her as a friend may not be preferable to having her as a girlfriend, but it's certainly preferable to not having her at all.

I'm actually gonna have to say I disagree with this.  To Frink you listen.

Possessed said:
Duragizer said:

I'm actually gonna have to say I disagree with this.

I can speak only from my own experience. Different strokes for different folks, of course.

There's nothing inherently contradictory about actively being friends with a woman you're carrying a torch for and yet consciously looking for other women to become interested in. Sure, YMMV, and you might want to dial said friendship down a tad if you find it actively tormenting you, but that doesn't mean you're under any obligation to do so.

Exactly.  Maintain your friendship if you want, but actively pursue other opportunities.

TVs Frink said:
Exactly.  Maintain your friendship if you want, but actively pursue other opportunities.

It's funny you mention opportunities.  I never manage to find any!  Oh, I know they're there, but I'm just so socially inept!

Handman said:
TVs Frink said:

It's funny you mention opportunities.  I never manage to find any!  Oh, I know they're there, but I'm just so socially inept!

I know how you feel. I am terrible at keeping in touch with my friends after I leave somewhere. For example, I never saw most of my friends from secondary school after I left it, and they didn't even notice when I unfriended them on Facebook. I'm a bit better at staying in touch with my college friends, but not by much.

Back
Top Bottom