• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Emotional Support Thread

Handman said:
It's funny you mention opportunities.  I never manage to find any!  Oh, I know they're there, but I'm just so socially inept!

Which is why you gotta make time and make yourself work on yourself, hombre. I know it's hard, but the fact is, you're stuck with yourself for the rest of your life, so might as well make that guy as great a partner as you possibly can. Indeed, one of the wisest words of wisdom I ever heard was "always have something better to do than look for a significant other."  Doesn't mean you shouldn't spend any time deliberately looking for lurrrve, but always keep in mind the most important stuff: your academics/career/purpose/passion.

And remember: it might take both a sense of purpose/direction and a Significant Other (SO) to make one truly happy, but to be truly, sustainably happy, one first needs to be content, and one only be content when one has a sense of purpose/direction. (Not having a sense of purpose/direction while having an SO might seem like happiness for a while, but it's a mouthful of candy sort of happy: pleasing in the moment, but no replacement for a solid meal, and without real food to support it, the crash's gonna hurt hard.)

She was asking mutual friends what they think love is.  Of course I'm nothing.  I just can't do this anymore.  I'm going to have to just have a real conversation with her.  Fuck it, why do I care?  I don't think we can be friends anyway.

My parents haven't texted me today as often as on most days (not since this morning, whereas they usually both text twice in the afternoon and dad usually calls by this time in the evening).  You'd think I'd be okay with this, or happy about it even, because it is a lot.  Instead my anxiety has suddenly spiked and my heartrate probably just doubled despite sitting mostly still at the moment because I'm taking it as a bad sign that They Know or something.

^Yeah that was me making something out of nothing, no new problems there.

I do have a new problem though.  Today's kinda sucked for me and I don't know why, really.  I don't feel particularly depressed or anything, I just… don't feel like moving.I dont feel like doing anything.  I'm just sitting here doing nothing.  And I'm bored.  But I don't feel like doing anything to change that.

suspiciouscoffee said:
^Yeah that was me making something out of nothing, no new problems there.

I do have a new problem though.  Today's kinda sucked for me and I don't know why, really.  I don't feel particularly depressed or anything, I just… don't feel like moving.I dont feel like doing anything.  I'm just sitting here doing nothing.  And I'm bored.  But I don't feel like doing anything to change that.

That's funny, you're like the 100th person today to express that sentiment... something must be in the air.  Is malaise catching?

It's probably just swamp gas refracting the light from Venus.

Been an off-kilter week for me, too. :p

Tonight was exhilarating. I felt every human emotion except anger.  She admitted her love to her best friend, who's loved her just the same.  And I am happy.  I don't think I can call the way I feel about her anything less than love now.  And not unrequited love, just love in the way that I want her to be happy no matter what. When she's sad, I'm sad; when she's happy, I'm happy.  I'm not sure if there's any better definition.

For?  I feel like everything has culminated to tonight, like a series finale.  I've finally made peace with it.

I hope this post doesn't violate rules re: politics but I'm deeply concerned that a friend of mine is edging toward overtly fascistic circles online, (I noticed they liked a tweet about QAnon by a believer).  I've tried to talk to them about similar things before, as they subscribe to and vocally support a crypto-fascist youtuber who hides behind "it's just memes bro" but they just unfollowed me on twitter and became distant irl.

I'm really worried about them.

My mother's been hospitalized again. This time it's pneumonia.

I swear, there is something wrong with this house, and I'm not talking just physically. Some oppressive, malignant negative energy present which causes everything and everyone inside the house to deteriorate faster than they would otherwise.

I’m sorry @"Duragizer", I hope she gets better soon

i feel like my head's going to explode. for the past few months i've been trying to decide how my life's going to go for the next semester and i've been overthinking it so much that i lost sight of what matters and the pros and cons and whys and wheres and djiasodfnhlsg;.

man, i'm just... overwhelmed. i've been on vacations doing nothing basically procrastinating and freaking out. or, you know, drinking with my friends or having sex with my best friend's ex or something stupid like that. i feel broken to my very fucking core. and i never tell anyone anything. sos.

i also wish i'd visit this place more often. so so many wonderful people. sorry i've been afk guys.

so the hospital called and want me to come and sign a DNR for my dad tomorrow
he now has a clot in his leg, the overall consensus at the hospital is my dad isnt getting better

Collipso - just an idea, but sometimes it helps to put it all on paper...  Good luck finding your "rudder" for the next semester.

jswert - many prayers for your dad and family!  I hope things turn around for y'all soon!

Dr. Chim Richalds said:
Collipso - just an idea, but sometimes it helps to put it all on paper...  Good luck finding your "rudder" for the next semester.

"It helps to write it down... even if you then cross it out."

Back
Top Bottom