• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Emotional Support Thread

Welcome back @"Collipso" nice to see you again.

I'm not sure my dog is gonna make it through the year...

Collipso said:
i feel like my head's going to explode. for the past few months i've been trying to decide how my life's going to go for the next semester and i've been overthinking it so much that i lost sight of what matters and the pros and cons and whys and wheres and djiasodfnhlsg;.

man, i'm just... overwhelmed. i've been on vacations doing nothing basically procrastinating and freaking out. or, you know, drinking with my friends or having sex with my best friend's ex or something stupid like that. i feel broken to my very fucking core. and i never tell anyone anything. sos.

Sorry that you’re in such an overwhelmed state. Perhaps meditation can help? Yoga? It would be beneficial for calming your mind.

jswert123456 said:
so the hospital called and want me to come and sign a DNR for my dad tomorrow
he now has a clot in his leg, the overall consensus at the hospital is my dad isnt getting better

So sorry about that, jswert. I hope he doesn’t experience too much pain and gets better sooner than later.

Handman said:
I'm not sure my dog is gonna make it through the year...

Sorry, Handman. :(

TVs Frink said:

11, I think.  We got him in 2010, and he was already at least a year old.  He's a bigger dog, limping pretty badly.
MY1U4lM.jpg

In other news, I never realized until now just how unimportant I was to everybody's lives.

Handman said:
In other news, I never realized until now just how unimportant I was to everybody's lives.

Everyone thinks that (I certainly have several times) but it's definitely not true. You're extremely important to your parents, for starters. You're important to all your friends and family. You're important to us here at fanedit.org. If that's not enough, then remember that you are important to yourself, and you should enjoy and live life to the fullest regardless of how "important" you are to people. That's what I think anyway.

I guess I should watch It's a Wonderful Life again.

Handman said:
I guess I should watch It's a Wonderful Life again.

You know, that movie may seem corny in places (at least it did to me when I re-watched it this year for the first time in >10 years), but that sort of butterfly effect or whatever is resonating pretty powerfully with me right now.  A friend from college died of a heart attack 2 weeks ago at age 42.  He was someone I knew fairly well, hung out in groups with but never really solo, but he was a manager at a local establishment and hired me and many people who became my best friends one summer in college.  Literally changed the course of my life because I met my wife through those friends and am still good friends with most everyone in that group.  If not for him, don't know what my life would be.  He probably never knew the full impact his life had on mine.

So yeah, I guarantee you're pretty damn important to a lot people... may just not realize it.

Junglist Paja said:

Not two months ago my wife and I were taking a stroll through the Botanic Garden in Christchurch, only a couple of minutes away from that mosque. We spent two days in that charming little city before starting our month long road trip through NZ but that was enough to fall in love with it, its hospitable people and their amazing street art:

vpik0mZ

1NcyE5p

F13pAms

Our thoughts are with them...

"...in the end it’s only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass."

Today hasn't been especially bad, but by this point, I'm feeling especially bad... 
I just had a bit of an emotional breakdown, and I just, I don't know.
I don't know.

I struggle to properly put my feelings into words, I'm sure that didn't make sense and just sounded stupid.

jrWHAG42 said:
I struggle to properly put my feelings into words, I'm sure that didn't make sense and just sounded stupid.

Nah. I often feel the same.

Understandable.  Real sorry to hear you're struggling.

To all the regulars on this thread

From someone else who is struggling as well

And hopes for time to put fears into words

My hope is that you watch this video

And feel just a little less lonely and lost

My heart goes out to you all

Either I've made some kind of inner peace with myself, or these anti-depressants are finally working.

Back
Top Bottom