• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Emotional Support Thread

I used to have a crazy neighbor who would casually walk into our house and yell at us. So we started locking our door at all times.

My neighbor gives me homecooked food that's almost always delicious.  My neighbor on the other side is my dad... who also does the same thing.  Sorry didn't mean to flex on you so hard.

If you ever move next to me you can call me dad.  It'll be weird but that's what life is all about. It doesn't have to be a big deal,  I call dahmage Papa D all the time. He loves it.

Possessed said:
If you ever move next to me you can call me dad.  It'll be weird but that's what life is all about. It doesn't have to be a big deal,  I call dahmage Papa D all the time. He loves it.

Honestly, I would have no problem with this.

Possessed said:
Wanna be my internet goldfish?

Depends, will you put me in time out if I'm a bad fishy?

vGqO1px.jpg

Good thing they wrote that on the bag so the fish knew it was bad.

TVs Frink said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
I didn't have a cell phone until I was in my 30s

I was 27 when the telephone was invented.

So what were the 1800's like?  Heck, what was it like living through the Civil War? 

;)

Yeah, did you get to meet Spider Man?

I wonder if there is an app that suspiciouscoffee could download that could make the tracking on his phone say he was in a different place than where he really was? 

The trouble with turning the phone off is it bound the raise the suspicions of his already way over suspicious parents.

TVs Frink said:
Handman said:
It is surprising how often I see parents wanting to track their children.  When my parents were children, they just went outside without a care in the world, and so long as they were home by nightfall, their parents did not give one shit.  What happened?  Freakin' helicopter parenting is the worst, and only sets up children for failure once they reach the real world.

While I'm firmly in the camp that parents tracking their college-age kids is fucked up, I also feel the need to point out that the world has changed dramatically from when your parents were children.  People used to not even lock their doors.  Now kids invite monsters into the house through the internet.

True things have changed, and one needs to be very careful and protective of one's children.  But there is a line that when you cross it, you are going into 1984 territory.

@"Warbler"  please use the +quote button to respond to multiple posts in a single response, and avoid double/triple posting. kthx

Sorry.  I didn't realize that was a no no  on this forum.    In fact, on another forum,  people complained that I used the quote button too much.     I will do as you say.

Warbler said:
TVs Frink said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
I didn't have a cell phone until I was in my 30s

I was 27 when the telephone was invented.

So what were the 1800's like?  Heck, what was it like living through the Civil War? 

;)

I don't remember much that far back but I feel like it was colder.

Back
Top Bottom