• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Dark Knight Ascends

There's two or three seconds of that stupid Bruce shot to cut, so maybe if Alfred's final shots were slowed down a bit it would fit just fine? Or if the last couple seconds of the OST continue into the black screen before the "Dark Knight Rises Ascends!" appears, instead of ending exactly as the screen fades to black?

I fixed a pretty significant audio issue and updated the edit. If you had a link and want to update it send me a PM and I'll send you the movie with proper audio.

So since theres apparently a big interest in an ambiguous ending I updated my edit to include a version without Bruce and Selina. In this version we only see Alfred acknowledging someone.

Last edited:

Thoughts on the audio transition? Is it too abrubt? I feel it works pretty well.

Thoughts on the audio transition? Is it too abrubt? I feel it works pretty well.
Honestly I would say you need to move the transition back approx 1 full second. right before the audio switches you can hear the next part of the quieter music cueing up..... IMO it would be best to make the transition about ONE second earlier when the music is a pinch more quiet. Does that make sense? That being said you are a far more experienced editor than me and what you have now certainly isn't bad.

Just to be clear, about ONE SECOND of audio, the second RIGHT BEFORE the transition needs to be removed or mess around with the cross fade. That's my honest feedback.

No disrespect. You do good work and I'm thankful you shared some of your edits with me.

Honestly I would say you need to move the transition back approx 1 full second. right before the audio switches you can hear the next part of the quieter music cueing up..... IMO it would be best to make the transition about ONE second earlier when the music is a pinch more quiet. Does that make sense? That being said you are a far more experienced editor than me and what you have now certainly isn't bad.

Just to be clear, about ONE SECOND of audio, the second RIGHT BEFORE the transition needs to be removed or mess around with the cross fade. That's my honest feedback.

No disrespect. You do good work and I'm thankful you shared some of your edits with me.

I never take valid criticism as disrespect 😁 Thanks I'll look into it and see if I can mess around then timing a bit more.

So you were 100% right on the money. Adjusted as you suggested as its spot on.

So after getting great feedback from @PsyDoug88 I made some tweaks to the edit.

1: reinstated 'remember where you parked?'
2: Removed the 'you're pure evil' line. Now he says.. 'You're.. and Bane interrupts and says "nessesary" and snaps his neck. It makes sense for Bane not to refer to himself as Evil, and instead as Nessesary. It's quite good actually and a loss less corny.
3. The random falling thug is now fixed. I put in a gun going off. This makes it seem like one of the thugs accidentally fired off his gun during the struggly with Batman and accidentally shot him..
4. I made an alternate version without the romance with Talia. It was not really needed, but it does make more sense on the narrative side of things. So for those who prefer it it's an option.

@TheFoxMan is a huge pain in my butt, because he gave me a great idea by not having Catwoman take Bruce to Lucius Fox and instead have her save Lucius on her own. This improves the narrative substantially since now Bane and Miranda do NOT realise Bruce is still alive. So in the latest version the scene where Bruce is taken into custody is completely cut, and instead only the shots of catwoman fighting and untying Lucius are used while the cops are being freed.

Thanks for showing me how it's done @TheFoxMan . When I left you you were but the learner, but you have now clearly become the master. This kind of creativity will get you far indeed!

@TheFoxMan is a huge pain in my butt, because he gave me a great idea by not having Catwoman take Bruce to Lucius Fox and instead have her save Lucius on her own. This improves the narrative substantially since now Bane and Miranda do NOT realise Bruce is still alive. So in the latest version the scene where Bruce is taken into custody is completely cut, and instead only the shots of catwoman fighting and untying Lucius are used while the cops are being freed.

Thanks for showing me how it's done @TheFoxMan . When I left you you were but the learner, but you have now clearly become the master. This kind of creativity will get you far indeed!
What can I say? I learn from the best! Haha!!

Tom And Jerry Thank You GIF by Max

I was going to never touch this again but @chipbayless just had to point out room for further improvement with this damn edit. So here's the re-re-re-edit of the Talia reveal. It flows alot better without her mentioning Bane or fixing his mask. We just assume Bane does this himself off-screen. And that feedback of removing Bane altogether from this part of the reveal allowed me to let the dialogue flow waaaaay better. Thank you @chipbayless for the feedback!

If anyone already had the previous version (V6) and wants the updated link with this version of the reveal (V7), send me a PM.

Last edited:
I was going to never touch this again but @chipbayless just had to point out room for further improvement with this damn edit. So here's the re-re-re-edit of the Talia reveal. It flows alot better without her mentioning Bane or fixing his mask. We just assume Bane does this himself off-screen. And that feedback of removing Bane altogether from this part of the reveal allowed me to let the dialogue flow waaaaay better. Thank you @chipbayless for the feedback!

If anyone already had the previous version (V6) and wants the updated link with this version of the reveal (V7), send me a PM.
I think the dialogue is missing in this clip.

I think this works really well!!

Final tweak. The word 'Wayne' felt out of place in my Robin reveal moment. I increased the pause in his sentence, to make the Wayne stick out less. I think it improves the narrative flow. Hopefully it's now a better line that doesn't make people go 'hmmm'.

Back
Top Bottom