• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Dark Knight Ascends

Agreed that it's the execution of the back-break more than the concept - we get told that time passes in-universe, but we don't really see that meaningfully. In the comics Azrael stepped in while Wayne was out of action and that provided a contrast to Batman and his methods, but that's probably too much to fit in a single film.

I do think that if you're removing the whole "retirement" angle at the start of the film and repurposing the recovery scenes from there, the beating and back-break should be less of a problem - partly because we don't have two "Wayne has to physical recover enough to resume the Batman mantle" sequences in a single film, and partly because the post-i jury recovery will feel more meaningful if more scenes dwell on it.

I haven't watched the film since I saw it at the cinema but from memory the back-break recovery was little more than a "time passed, he was still broken until one day he wasn't" type montage - it felt like even Nolan wasn't interested in this part of the story but just needed the plot point to be there.

Yeah there are many issues with the 'Pit' section of the movie. I also removed the whole part about Gordon feeling guilty about Harvey Dent.
The problem with using the scenes where Bruce uses his walking stick etc. is that they are essential to the plot for the most part.

In a way the choice to have bruce walk around with a walking stick at the start of the film is even more absurd lol. But there really isn't much of a way to fix it.
Biggest changes so far:

-Bane is the child
-Keep Bane's backstory a mystery beyond this and him being banished
-Gordons whole guilt thing is removed
-Gordon KNOWS who batman is and accidentally tells rookie cop after he is shot and almost drowns. He just doesnt remember telling him, so it's never mentioned besides this
-Bane doesnt say a citizen has the trigger (this is so extremely unlikely lol he just implies one of his henchmen has it)
-Bane also doesnt read Gordon's letter of guilt ( Not sure about this yet, but I don't like how this whole letter never is mentioned again in the movie)
-Bane now says the bomb will go off in EIGHT months instead of 5. This to make the recovery/planning on bruce's end more plausible.
-Bruce doesnt get punched in the broken back by a shady doctor, instead he just has to hang for a while 'to fix his back' whatever the hell that means lol (Not sure about this. I'm stuck between that makes no sense and that's awesome lol)
-Changed the ' the bomb will go of in 18 days, regardless of Bane's plan etc ' line to 'The bomb will go off, regardless of bane's plan etc' This way it's implied a total of 8 months have passed when Lucius tells Bruce he has 12 hours.
-Removed all mentions of a civilian holding the detonator, because let's be honest there would be far more talk amongst people about who could have it.
- Removed a lot of the timers during the truck chase. I hate how the movie spends 5 minutes chasing and then shows the clock only progressed 1 minute.
- Removed some bad lines here and there, like 'Do you remember where you parked it?' and a one auto pilot line.
- Changed 'You just gave Gotham 10 minutes' to 'You just gave Gotham minutes.'
- Removed the Robin cameo and Batman giving him the batcave.

Then I think the edit is practically done. Will include optional english subtitles because.. well.. Bane.. :)

Things I can't figure out and will probably have to live with:
- Get Talia to not see Bruce get captured.
- Remove the 'we have 45 minutes' line when batman prepares his attack..

Last edited:
I'm working on the hardest part of the edit and that's Talias monologue where she explains banes backstory.

Since I dont want the sappy love story I altered her lines to this:

Batman- Where is the triggerrrrr? WHERE THE TRIGGER. TRIGGGGERRRR WHERRRRRE?
Bane- .... silent...
Miranda behind him: Bruce?
Batman- looks behind and gets stabbed by Miranda
Batman looks shocked and tries to grab detonator
Batman - Miranda???
Miranda holds the detonator out of reach for Batman: I am talia al Ghul. My mother named me talia before she died. My father... You murdered him.
But I found my banished protector.. Bane and brought him back to enact to terribly vengeance.

So no love story. No backstory, just revenge. DONE.

Last edited:
Anyone want to see the Talia/Bane reveal WIP for suggestions maybe?

I would love some feedback on this scene to explain Talia's backstory!

It feels pretty clean. This was one of the most difficult edits I've ever done. The only think I'm still questioning are those shots on bane when she talks about her father. But there isnt much to work with because it keeps going to flashbacks in the original.

Looking good, my friend. Looking very good. I fixed your embed problem. You should collect these random changes and list them on your original post.

Soooooo... I'm having difficulty with a plot point I think is insanely stupid.

When Bruce says he needs Lucius to catwoman he goes with her as a 'hostage' and talia (miranda) is there. Considering she knows hes batman it just seems so stupid that she doesnt reveal herself there and just let's batman get away.

I cant find an angle to edit this otherwise tho, so I would love to hear suggestions. Am I overthinking this scene?

Edit is practically done. Updated the first post. There are two things I can't figure out in the to-do list and am open to suggestions! If not,I'll just have to accept those two pet peeves.

I'm torn about the doctor 'fixing' Bruce's back. On the one hand the edit works fine the way I removed only the punch and the vertebrae sticking out line. On the other hand a guy just straight up punching someone in the broken back is hilarious.

Thoughts?

If you wanted to, you could possibly use Pattinson in suit from The Batman as John Blake as the "Azazel" Batman while Bruce is gone. However there would be no climax or resolution to that so maybe not.
This got me thinking, I don't know if this is do-able, but opening with TDK's "hockey pad" Batmen to set up the idea that other Batmen are popping up, then showcase Pattinson and Affleck as 'copycat' Batmen in the same city?

This got me thinking, I don't know if this is do-able, but opening with TDK's "hockey pad" Batmen to set up the idea that other Batmen are popping up, then showcase Pattinson and Affleck as 'copycat' Batmen in the same city?

The goal is to make the movie seem "unedited". So I wont be using outside footage.

I'm torn about the doctor 'fixing' Bruce's back. On the one hand the edit works fine the way I removed only the punch and the vertebrae sticking out line. On the other hand a guy just straight up punching someone in the broken back is hilarious.

Thoughts?
I say remove the Looney Tunes logic

Sooooo.. While editing I noticed a pretty glaring problem with the plot. Gordon never actually hears Bane's name while in the sewers in the original movie. I'm trying to find a solution to this problem, but I just don't see it lol.

Sooooo.. While editing I noticed a pretty glaring problem with the plot. Gordon never actually hears Bane's name while in the sewers in the original movie. I'm trying to find a solution to this problem, but I just don't see it lol.
Maybe he could watch some news on a TV?

Maybe he could watch some news on a TV?
Yeah the issue is really with the original movie and not my edit lol. The original movie never drops Bane's name and then suddenly Gordon says he saw a masked man called Bane. So maybe I don't really need to fix this and just blame the original movie for this.

I'm trying to find a solution to this problem, but I just don't see it lol.
You could use AI dialogue. Have Bane or a henchman say his name and play the audio as if being heard from a distance over a shot of Gordon in the sewer to make it seem like he can hear everything they're saying.
I did something similar to patch a plothole in my edit.

Last edited:
Yeah the issue is really with the original movie and not my edit lol. The original movie never drops Bane's name and then suddenly Gordon says he saw a masked man called Bane. So maybe I don't really need to fix this and just blame the original movie for this.
I don't think it's that big a deal, the name being said (perhaps offscreen) is implied by Gordon's line.

Speaking of continuity: Are you doing anything about the time of day changing to night while the wall street thieves drive through the tunnel?

I don't think it's that big a deal, the name being said (perhaps offscreen) is implied by Gordon's line.

Speaking of continuity: Are you doing anything about the time of day changing to night while the wall street thieves drive through the tunnel?
Honestly if I have to fix all the visual continuity errors I will be working on this for years. My biggest pet peeve is Bruce telling Catwoman they only have 45 minutes to save the city.
45 minutes!? Thats hella short to get to your batwing, get the cops in place etc etc AND THEN you still have to fight Bane??? ALL IN 45 MIN?

Back
Top Bottom