• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Dark Knight Ascends

I don't think it's that big a deal, the name being said (perhaps offscreen) is implied by Gordon's line.

Speaking of continuity: Are you doing anything about the time of day changing to night while the wall street thieves drive through the tunnel?
My problem is that I changed bane to Wayne with that conversation in my edit to get rid of the silly: you are batman i can see it in your eyes dialogue. Now he says Gordon mentioned a masked man named Wayne. Implying that Gordon knows who Batman is, which is also implied when Gordon seemingly looks over his shoulder to the wayne mention when he talks about Dent.
The problem this creates is that Bruce suddenly asks Alfred to look up Bane lol.

So I fixed it. I love it when you are forced to fix an issue and you accidentaly fix so much more.

I removed any mention of Bane when Bruce talks to 'Robin' for the first time. All he knows is there is an underground army. As robin drives away all Alfred says is 'I'll keep digging.' Bane is now still a complete mystery for the audience.

This means Alfred has to do research now instead of having all the answers available whenever needed. So I therefor removed Alfred's lecture about who Bane is to right AFTER he attacks the stock market. After the attack starts we see Batman getting ready to attack. This way it seems while Batman is prepping his assault on Bane for the first time, Alfred figured out who they're dealing with.
This ALSO fixed a plothole where apparently Alfred and Bruce KNOW who hired Bane (he says they're Daggett's henchmen) and Bruce doesn't go beat Daggett up or interrogate him lol. This edit actually has Batman in the complete dark as to who has his prints and why untill Catwoman tells him.

This also means Bane stays far more mysterious for far longer.

It's such a narrative improvement. I love it.

Rendering now. Its finished!

Last edited:
Honestly if I have to fix all the visual continuity errors I will be working on this for years. My biggest pet peeve is Bruce telling Catwoman they only have 45 minutes to save the city.
45 minutes!? Thats hella short to get to your batwing, get the cops in place etc etc AND THEN you still have to fight Bane??? ALL IN 45 MIN?

dale.jpg

Go to 2:16:

14 hours isnt nearly as bad as 45 minutes šŸ¤£ I really need yo watch flash gordon sometime never saw it!

And believe my I tried to make it work, but its al shot in such a way that you just cant replace or cut it without it being janky.

Damn! Donkey. You certainly redeemed this movie. This could be your best work yet. This could be the best edit of this movie.

Trailer Time! Warning! There are spoilers to the changes I made. So if you want to go in completely fresh, you have been warned!

Personally I'd gut this film radically and find a way to end the film with the back breaking scene but I am intrigued by your goals and this trailer.

Personally I'd gut this film radically and find a way to end the film with the back breaking scene but I am intrigued by your goals and this trailer.
I can tell you some edits are in fact completely radical. But more in a character motivation way, rather than cutting scenes completely.

Damn! Donkey. You certainly redeemed this movie. This could be your best work yet. This could be the best edit of this movie.

Thanks my friend! And thanks for the terrific poster as always!

I was surprised by how little fanedits were done of this movie. I guess it's because it's one hell of a thing to try and 'fix'.

You certainly "fixed it" for me. This will be in the case now as our preferred version, Making the trilogy complete now. šŸ˜

Trailer Time! Warning! There are spoilers to the changes I made. So if you want to go in completely fresh, you have been warned!

That...is...amazing! I love it and I love the song the way you have it ducked under the scenes during most of the trailer. There are places where I would increase the volume to make an emphasis, but damn! I love the font choice and the story you tell about the edit. The lyrics from the song align with the point being made in each scene. First Class editing, my friend!

Donkey, I would bring that volume of the song up at the post bridge right before he sings, "Sometimes,...." and leave it far higher than the rest of the dialogue and sfx until Alfred bends down and starts crying. I would actually duck those behind the song to where you can't even hear them. Then duck the song back behind Alfred saying "I failed you" and fade out. I think that would be a perfect close.

That...is...amazing! I love it and I love the song the way you have it ducked under the scenes during most of the trailer. There are places where I would increase the volume to make an emphasis, but damn! I love the font choice and the story you tell about the edit. The lyrics from the song align with the point being made in each scene. First Class editing, my friend!

Font was done with the tool I send you. Those texts were made in litterally minutes.

Upon rewatching this I came to the conclusion that I had to cut the

'a storms coming this is what you wanted, remember?' line Selinas friend says. Because that's the kind of dialogue that's not aimed at the character but the audience. 'Remember the thing this person said?'

It also empowers the scene by ending it at ' Now its everyone's home '. That way that final thought can linger a bit with the audience.

Also removed the 'Why does he wear a mask?' line in the plane. Its basically copy pasted from TDK where the goons talk about jokers warpaint (which is a good scene) and feels unnatural. It also hypothetically keeps the mask a surprise for the audience.

2 very minor edits, but just had to remove them too.

Last edited:

Reworked Bane's speech to remove any mention of fallen idols after reading a review which rightfully pointed it out (thanks Futon88!).

It feels more like a critique of prison itself, rather than any specific situation. That and Bane obviously enjoys his power.

His speech escalating reallly fast also ties in well with him brutally murdering the professor earlier after simply asking aquestion.

Also I swapped the footage on Gordon's TV screen because again Futon pointed out Bane does not read puny letters lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom