• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Dark Knight Ascends

I also ended up agreeing that the scene after the stock exchange broke the tension too much by being a sort of funny scene about Bruce's knee. Which besides being a bit nonsensical really broke the tension a bit.

So I cut that part and instead we cut straight to Alfred being worried about Bruce going after Bane. This also has the added benefit of making Bruce's recovery in the pit more plausible.

I also cut Blake telling the construction worker hes not allowed to believe in coincidences. Instead they instantly attack him after they say 'ah you're the cop'.

If anyone has the google drive link for the previous version and wants this updated one they can simply use the same link to download this new version.

Question for the listing on IFDB: If I update the listing based on the few more changes made, would that mess with things like the fotm voting etc? Should I wait untill next month?

I would add them to the PM that you send with the link in response to them verifying they have the appropriate source material. Then list everything at once next month.

So I had a pretty fun experience yesterday where I watched this edit with someone who had never seen the original and there were two interesting things about it. One that I wasn't pleased with and one I was pleased with.

Displeased: The change with Robin does not work for new viewers. Viewers who know the film can fill in the gap, but I've not taken fresh viewers into account enough. I've therefor reworked this scene. Instead of ' commisioner Gordon was rambling about an underground army.. a masked man called Wayne..' he now says 'Commisioner Gordon was rambling about an underground army.. a masked man.. He said he needs the batman called.. uhhh.. Bruce Wayne?'' This was probably the most annoying cut i've ever had to do lol.

Pleased: The new ending works for fresh viewers. The viewer I watched the film with said the restored Bat signal felt like a sign to Gordon that A: Bruce is alive. And B: he hasn't fully abandoned Gotham and would return if it was ever truly needed. Which was a pretty awesome take imo.

Besides that 'Robin' scene the viewer had not picked up on any cuts and was very surprised to find out Talia was originally the child lol.

Last edited:
Question for the listing on IFDB: If I update the listing based on the few more changes made, would that mess with things like the fotm voting etc? Should I wait untill next month?
If you edit a listing it puts it back in to pending. It then goes off like while it is reviewed and typically would show up again the following weekend when new listings are verified.

I've therefor reworked this scene.

Untitled.png

That's the second to last version. The only difference in that one is the Robin scene where he confronts Bruce with his identity. The current version is still uploading. That version you have is fine tbh! The one that's uploading now is best for people who aren't familiar with the original.

This is the new scene to reveal Gordon accidentally spilled the beans to the Rookie cop. The line 'he said he needs the batman called.. wayne?' is completely made up from seperate words and lines from other scenes lol. Imo you can barely tell it's not the original scene. It's the 'uh' after called that sells it imo. Without it it felt too clean.

Last edited:
Another change that I made in the final version (that would be V3) is that I removed the lame 'No. I came back to stop you.' line. Imo it's stuch a not-badass line and just makes batman look like an idiot. It also kinda breaks the tensions. Kinda wanted to show it because it's a minor change but it's a great example of 'less is more'. As Dwight Fry pointed out: Nolan has the tendency to REALLY spell things out to the audience. No shit Batman ofcourse youre here to stop him.

Would you be interested in implementing improved sfx and even adding ost? These two videos of both their confrontations are what I was thinking of. I personally love the sfx and new music added in their first encounter. It feels weighty and like their punches are actually hurting. Even the camera shaking is a nice touch.

Would you be interested in implementing improved sfx and even adding ost? These two videos of both their confrontations are what I was thinking of. I personally love the sfx and new music added in their first encounter. It feels weighty and like their punches are actually hurting.

I've never seen a boxing match where the hits made the camera shake.

It's interesting, but more suited for a dragonball Z sort of film. Not Nolans more grounded style.

Last edited:
I always thought the film should have ended with Bane breaking Bats back, then condeming him to the pit. Now THATS a ballsy ending!

I always thought the film should have ended with Bane breaking Bats back, then condeming him to the pit. Now THATS a ballsy ending!

Hahaha very ballsy. I basically did this with my demise cut of interstellar if you're feeling dire.

Based on criticism I've had I've decided to make a final version of this edit.

- I alterted the dialogue with Bruce and rookie cop to sound better (altered the pitch slightly of him saying 'Wayne')
- Changed the Talia reveal to be less expositiony. I made it more straight forward to remove some shots of crying Bane (because it makes little sense in the new context) and removed a lot of shots of her fixing his mask for better transitions. It's now as seamless as I can get it, and a little shorter. I did keep the goodbye my friend tear, because that one to me still makes sense.
- Re-instated Lucius saying the bomb goes off in 28 days. This makes it less of a surprise when the bomb goes off in 12 hours. The jump from 8 months to 12 hours is a bit *too* drastic, having him mention 28 days in between helps you process the flow of time.

New link will be up some time tomorrow if you want to have the new version.

Here is the updated Talia reveal scene. It's still not quite perfect, but it's imo a lot less messy with random shots going back and forward. I thought I needed to show Bane's mask getting repaired, which I could now skip by just having her repair it off-screen for the most part. I also like how Bane gets up after the terrible vengeance line. Has a nice flow to it.

Last edited:
Took some criticisms to heart and (hopefully) fixed Bane's voice a bit. I'm not quite sure why people were experiencing problems with it, but I re-rendered the audio streams just in case. I didn't change any sound volume, so it should be ok.

One criticism: that shot of Bruce by the end really kills the entire movie for me - as I know it does for many many others - since my very first watch more than a decade ago. But I'm quite aware that the "no, Batman is 100% dead" approach (that some others edits do) is just not true to the director's intent. So... why not just end with Alfred smiling and nodding his head? That way we're very strongly hinting that Bruce might have survived, but not explicitly showed/confirmed.

One criticism: that shot of Bruce by the end really kills the entire movie for me - as I know it does for many many others - since my very first watch more than a decade ago. But I'm quite aware that the "no, Batman is 100% dead" approach (that some others edits do) is just not true to the director's intent. So... why not just end with Alfred smiling and nodding his head? That way we're very strongly hinting that Bruce might have survived, but not explicitly showed/confirmed.

Oh I suppose that could work. I will look into it. If it doesnt mess up the music I will probably do this. It's a great suggestion tbh.👍

Back
Top Bottom