• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Avengers

still have a week to see it, not till next fri. but it'll so be worth the wait.

Planning on hitting the theater this Friday due to the local advance release :)

I've been avoiding this thread to stay away from spoilers. But I just have to share this fan-edited trailer, because it's too funny. It imagines what an Avengers movie might have looked like in the 1970s:

Wow! Nice find, Tom! :lol:

Non-spoiler review...I enjoyed the film, and while I can't jizz in my pants over it like some net critics, I can safely say most people will be overjoyed with it. I thought the pacing of the beginning was very shaky, but it started to pull together as time went on. Now reading about the deleted stuff, I'd be willing to bet I'd have preferred it the original way. Have to wait and see, I guess. :)

saw it twice today, loved every minute of it :)

question: how michael-bayish is the all-spark?

Saw it and liked it a lot. I didn't think any of it was Michael Bay-ish - but maybe that's because I cared about the characters and could see what was going on.

It's not close to being a perfect film but it has a hatfull of perfect moments.
Hulk ragdolling Loki is the funniest and all-round greatest thing I've seen in a cinema for years.

^^Agree on the spoiler content x1000!

I give this a strong 4/5. I look forward to seeing it in 2D.

Wow. This movie is everything they promised and more, you have great characterization, real balance to all the players involved, and some truly kick ass moments from my favorite Russian spy :)

Anyone who fears this could turn into a Michael Bay inspired trainwreck, you can breathe easy; while it delivers on the action sequences during the second and final acts there is a proper story behind it and the plot actually makes sense in movie format. I'm amazed on how they were able to interweave three different Avengers stories into one cohesive movie.

My only small complaint is that Hawkeye did get the short end of the stick to a degree here, when you watch the movie you will see what I mean; but everyone else truly shines.

If you can, go out and watch it now!

^I think the problem with Bay's action sequences is that everyone is too busy being actioney amid all the baysplosions to still have any form of conversation, when you film an action scene that drags on and on and on forever, your audience gets bored. Here we see fighting and talking, maybe little things like giving commands or some slight banter, also you get to see everything on screen with no shakey cam.

the only problems I had was that (as far as I paid attention)
nothing was said of Rhodey's absence or Thors friends, you'd think given the Enemy they'd have come along too. Also when Tony said "Banner it's an honor to meet you"

A lot of critics hae criticised the Hulk transformations as a plot hole (he has no control on the helicarrier, then gets it for the final fight. Which is so ridiculous. It's perfectly clear he has control the whole time, but on the helicarrier Loki is manipulating him.

On the other hand, one area that has been bugging me is SHIELD trying to weaponise the cosmic cube. Maybe I'm missing something about why that was important, but in a film this long - and otherwise so tightly about the group formation - surely that could have been cut? I can only think it was added so Nick Fury gets something to do.

yads said:
A lot of critics hae criticised the Hulk transformations as a plot hole (he has no control on the helicarrier, then gets it for the final fight. Which is so ridiculous. It's perfectly clear he has control the whole time, but on the helicarrier Loki is manipulating him.

The Hulk-out on the helicarrier was forced, the one for the final battle was intentional. Seems to me it'd make a difference to how Hulk reacts to things. I dunno.

Yeah, I agree 100%. But it bugs me how quite a few critics deemed it a plot hole when it was an interesting character beat, and really well done. I hope the general public aren't as stupid.

This movie was a nice ride but it defo needs a fanedit. so many cringeworthy lines that don't work and oneliners that fail to deliver - "that doesn't look like a party" is probably one of the worst oneliners I've recently heard.
Black Widow and Hawkeye are pretty unspectacular and I was shocked how the weakest link was Sam Jackson (plus Agent Sparkles)

Still it was a nice ride albeit very generic

I thought they did Black Widow justice, however they did shaft Hawkeye.

I only really have one bitch about this movie and it is this.

For some reason they desided to make the hulk move like a huge ape, I was half expecting him drag his hands on the ground during the last act

I agree about the Black Widow "party" line - I also would have taken out a couple of RDJ jokes. The balance between Whedon-isms and the established tone of the MCU was almost perfect, but maybe 5% more serious and less jokey would have been better. The Hulk comedy though was A+.

Back
Top Bottom