• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Avengers

Fantastic to hear! I was reading Twitter last Saturday and the reactions to the fan screenings were ecstatic. I don't think I've ever seen the words 'awesome' and 'perfect' so often.

Over at the SHH forum people who saw the screening are talking about it. Everbody loves it.

Can't wait to see this.

definitely happy to hear all that. the best part is that my last day of classes for the semester is the day before this comes out. so gonna be going opening day with my gf probably to see it. (though, she still has to see Thor.)

T-HOPE said:
Over at the SHH forum people who saw the screening are talking about it. Everbody loves it.
Can't wait to see this.

It seems to be unanimous, even non-Marvel comic writers who have watched it praise it all over twitter. The big question is which will be better, this or The Dark Knight Rises?

havok1977 said:
It seems to be unanimous, even non-Marvel comic writers who have watched it praise it all over twitter. The big question is which will be better, this or The Dark Knight Rises?

Psh. TDKR. This might be good, but Marvel will never come near Chris Nolan's level. They're too focused on audience appeal imho.

yads said:
Fantastic to hear! I was reading Twitter last Saturday and the reactions to the fan screenings were ecstatic. I don't think I've ever seen the words 'awesome' and 'perfect' so often.

I think their were at least 20 times I nearly jumped out of my seat and at least 15 times I must have fist bumped both people next to me (I work in an office of comic book nerds and a few of us all went together.)

I never even thought about looking at twitter that day. I was too busy trying to spoil it for everyone. I can say this, any comic book fan will finally feel truly validated!

QuickCut said:
Psh. TDKR. This might be good, but Marvel will never come near Chris Nolan's level. They're too focused on audience appeal imho.

I personally don't think it will, but again someone who was happy to see a comic book movie made for comic book fans!

I am still unsold on Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and hoping they clean up Bane's voice. I saw the opening 6 minutes twice in the IMAX and couldn't understand him at all.

I have learned to be very very careful about those early reactions

The early reviews for big blockbusters are always incredibly glowing - thor was hailed as a timeless masterpiece until the reviews finally settled down for "fun action movie" - also seeing as the people who are right now seeing it are the ones psyched is as objective as me saying I will probbaly like Dark Knight Rises - whihc is pretty much my fanboy heart going wild when hearing the name

Sunarep said:
I have learned to be very very careful about those early reactions

The early reviews for big blockbusters are always incredibly glowing - thor was hailed as a timeless masterpiece until the reviews finally settled down for "fun action movie" - also seeing as the people who are right now seeing it are the ones psyched is as objective as me saying I will probbaly like Dark Knight Rises - whihc is pretty much my fanboy heart going wild when hearing the name

Thor was a decent movie, but its flaws were glaring. People were just happy that such a movie came off pretty decent when it had such potential to be far worse.

revel911 said:
I was too busy trying to spoil it for everyone.

Do you mean "NOT spoiling it for everyone"? Or were you going out of your way to spoil it for as many people as possible?

Neglify said:
Do you mean "NOT spoiling it for everyone"? Or were you going out of your way to spoil it for as many people as possible?

You were correct with the NOT spoil it for anyone ..... if I wanted to spoil it, I would have said %#$%% dies and ^^$&%#$ gets *&^^&&&! :p

revel911 said:
After seeing the film, then hearing what scenes were deleted ... it makes sense. It would have greatly slowed down the pacing of the movie!

Can you tell me which scenes were deleted from the Avengers? I'm curious.

From IGN Movies' Eric Goldman:

We can all rest easy. They pulled it off! Marvel's The Avengers (or Avengers Assemble, as it's known in the UK and other markets) is everything we've been hoping for – an exciting superhero team-up film packed with memorable moments. 9/10.

... Outstanding! Now I just have to find a way to get off-base and see it. :p

Dang. It's got 97% on RT (from 33 critics) and 8.9 on IMDb (from 6,500 users!). It's even made its way into the Top 250 already.

Back
Top Bottom