• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Avengers

leeroy said:
same for us in UK :D

Same over here :)

To celebrate check out the new posters:

avengers-black-widow-570x883.jpg

Saw one of the early screenings this morning at 10am in Miami ..... this movie wasn't good, it was great. It validated every bit of the previous Marvel movies. IT felt big without being over the top and rarely, did I few it with fan editing eyes of things I would change.

According to Joss there will be 30 minutes of deleted scenes on the blu-ray. If they include score and completed effects (and if the film is as extraordinary as people are saying) it'll be crying out for an extended edition.

Joss Whedon already said he WON'T put out an Extended Edition. That's why he included so much deleted scenes.
As if the absence of an extendec cut really matters... Did you notice what forum this is? ;)

Yeah, Joss won't release a longer cut later on. I meant a fan edited extended scene.

After seeing the film, then hearing what scenes were deleted ... it makes sense. It would have greatly slowed down the pacing of the movie!

Do you think it's the best Marvel movie?

I didn't like previous clips but this one looks like a cool action movie

The scenes Whedon describes about Cap make me really angry. Of course he is probably right about not including them but that's even more reason for why they should have done that in Captain America - have Cap wake up at the beginning, tell his story through flashbacks while he traces his past and tries to cope with this new world...

actualyl that sounds like a destined Captain America Recut edition, insterting those two scenes so that they add to Cap's arc after he wakes up

That clip is great, but for the first time in the promotion it feels like too much is being shown. We all wanted to see this thing already. It's unnecessary.

BTW, Sunarep, looking forward to your prequel - IMO none of the other 5 films are bad but none are great either. It'd be sweet if you could tidy up the earlier films so I wouldn't need to watch them again. Something tells me I'll feel the need to right after I get back from the cinema.

yads said:
That clip is great, but for the first time in the promotion it feels like too much is being shown. We all wanted to see this thing already. It's unnecessary.

BTW, Sunarep, looking forward to your prequel - IMO none of the other 5 films are bad but none are great either. It'd be sweet if you could tidy up the earlier films so I wouldn't need to watch them again. Something tells me I'll feel the need to right after I get back from the cinema.

I'll do my humble best, well at least I hope that Iron Man 2 is a bit more presentable, I have changed a few things and am now wondering if that isn't already a separate iron man 2 fanedit due to the amount of cuts but that's a separate tale

I agree that the clips show a lot now they have released a nick fury/loki clip but i am done with the spoiling i just waited for one clip to get me pumped (agent robin sparkles and black widow were kinda meh clips) and now i relax

yads said:
Do you think it's the best Marvel movie?

It was an action movie, without watching the others it probably would feel weak, but since I have gotten all of my back story already ...... it works as a thrill ride.

I have to admit, I'm worried about this. I mean, it'll be great getting to see this type of movie, but I really don't know how to feel about Joss Whedon directing. I've only seen the first 4 episodes of Firefly and wasn't really sucked into it, I didn't think Dr. Horrible was as great as everyone says it was, and I couldn't get past the first episode of Doll House. I want to chalk this up to me just not getting it at the time, but it's all affecting about how I'll view Avengers. I heard that it's a really good movie, but the same is being said about Cabin in the Woods, which has also gotten good reviews, but the only input I've gotten is from non-whedon fans who don't think it's all that great. I want to try and see both films, since it's easier than watching a TV series, but all of this anticipation is killing me.

You should watch more firefly. I'm no Whedon junkie but that show is great, as is the big budget looking followup film. Doll house is very hard to get into at first if you're not a big fan of the lead actress. But Whedon has proved he works well with an ensemble cast and he has a knack for pacing, be it dialogue, action, or in between. The premise is solid, we know the characters. He'll do a fine job.

Let's say I would have given Whedon a kiss on the mouth after I saw the screener, it was the best super hero movie I have ever seen. Let me add two points of clarity to that.
  • I am an analyzing prick (the reason I am on this site in the first place) and I usually leave super hero movies slightly unhappy, but left this one on cloud 9.
  • Yes, I did like it more so than Nolan's Batmans. Nolan did a great job, but they feel like his world. Whedon's Avenger's feels right out of the comics (The Ultimates 1, precisely) and it couldn't have been better. He made a comic world that felt both big and exciting without it becoming cheesy.
This is coming from a comic fan, for those that are not comic fans I couldn't tell you what their reaction will be. If they did like all of the previous marvel movies they will love this one. If they didn't well, then why are you bothering going in the first place?

so far everything i've seen looks fantastic can not wait for this next week i've even booked the week off work just so i can see the first screening. also planning on doing a pre-avengers week :)

Back
Top Bottom