• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator 3: The Coming Storm

I just checked with VLC.
No glitch over here, while the Terminator takes care of his damaged fuel cell.

joebshmoe said:
does anyone else have an audio glitch at 31:04 ?

i didn't see anyone else mention this...

no glitch on my DVD.

I double checked since VLC gives a different time from other players.
On the TV and media player classic it's a far shot of the van on the highway at 31:04
Still no glitch.

This morning a collegau of mine started talking to me. He downloads a lot of movies, and suddenly he was talking about this big thing on torrent sites called "Terminator 3 Coming Storm." I had to laugh and told him what it was.

So Uncanny Antman, news goes around fast ;-)

yes, we currently have a dutch attack on FE. :)
coming from this place here: nzb-portal.nl

Have you had a boost in RS downloads?

Now on bitsoup via torrent. Check faneditor's zone, bittorrent Uncanny Antman.

Just saw it. It was really good!
It still isn't great... there wasn't much to work with, and I'm always underwhelmed by the cinematography and lighting. But what you did was give it a great opening and ending, and removed much of the cheese as you wanted.

Of course, I'd still cut the bar scene in its entirety, and the scene with the fiance in the car- just have the shot of it in the cemetery... but besides that it was awesome. You've made a chilling ending into the best ending the original series could have.

Avishai101 said:
Of course, I'd still cut the bar scene in its entirety.

how would arnie get his leathers then?

AvP said:
Avishai101 said:

Same way he got them in the first and second. How many times do we need to see the same scene?

Avishai101 said:
AvP said:
Avishai101 said:

Same way he got them in the first and second. How many times do we need to see the same scene?

erm...far as i know he only gets one set of leathers.

Well, in the terminator movies, clothes have always been obtained the same way. Always. Even the T-1000 and Tx, who don't really need it. Sort of.

And we can assume that the T-101 won't be naked the whole time, so we know he'll get clothes like he always does.

ofcouse you need to know....one moment hes naked then clothed i think you would wounder where he obtain the leathers.

AvP said:
ofcouse you need to know....one moment hes naked then clothed i think you would wounder where he obtain the leathers.
It seems that you won't really get T3 unless you saw the others... and if you saw the others, then you know how Terminators get clothes.

:shock:

This was unbelieveable! Thank you for rescuing this movie UA. It's amazing how much better this movie is. It's an actual Terminator movie. And the editing and extra work you've done is so professional. Well done :D

One question - is the audio a 5.1 upconvert? It sure sounds like it - I'm hearing the dialogue from all channels. But I don't see any reference to this anywhere and no one else has even mentioned it. I have to say it's the only thing that keeps this from being perfect in my eyes. On the other hand, the "echo-y" effect I'm used to with upconverts doesn't seem nearly as noticeable in this case. So it's more than bearable, just a touch disappointing not to get true 5.1, considering how great everything else is. It certainly won't stop me from enjoying this again in the future.

I'll be curious to see how T-HOPE's version stacks up. Looking forward to it.

Thanks again UA!

EDIT: Loved the easter egg too. What a great way to highlight edits :)

Glad you enjoyed it, Frink.

It is an upconvert, I'm afraid. True 5.1 editing is just not something I have the skill/patience for. I wish I did, but whatta ya gonna do? :)

For what it's worth, I always massage the upconvert a little to try and minimize the echo you mentioned. I don't have a 5.1 setup, so I've never known how successful I was at it.

TV's Frink said:
EDIT: Loved the easter egg too. What a great way to highlight edits :)
Thank you. That was almost an afterthought when I did the DVD, but people seemed to like it, so I tend to do it on most of my edits now. From memeory, I think I snagged the idea from the end credits of CBB's Lecter Variations. :D

Uncanny Antman said:
For what it's worth, I always massage the upconvert a little to try and minimize the echo you mentioned. I don't have a 5.1 setup, so I've never known how successful I was at it.
It was very successful. Halfway through I had mostly forgotten about the upconvert. In the past I have forced other upconverts down to stereo sound, but the next time I watch this I will keep it in 5.1. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom