• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator 3: The Coming Storm

Watched this last night. Top-notch. A great fan-edit. I noticed no hard cuts, and it really felt like a professionally produced film. Great video, good audio, and a cool menu. Between this edit and T-HOPE's I am really loving this movie now. I give this a 5 out of 5. great on everything. I will be watching for your edits in the future Antman :)

A very fine job. Call me crazy, but I still love the theatrical cut; full respect, though, for this edit, and for those who prefer it.

Just a few suggestions, feel free to take them or leave them:

- Cut that shot of John driving straight towards the white picket fence in the chase, and cut those early chase shots of John's van spinning wildly. That'd make it a touch more believable...

- Cut the T-X vision shot scanning Jose, to match the other scene.

- Insert the T2 shot of Sarah being skewered by the T-1000 when John talks about her leukemia, suggesting that it did kill her after all.

- Add a ricochet sound for when Kate shoots the Terminator if you're going to cut the swallowing gag.

- Cut the Terminator's "we'll meet again". Too much sequel-begging, and they might not, besides.

- Great ending!

gaith1 said:
- Cut the Terminator's "we'll meet again". Too much sequel-begging, and they might not, besides.

Actually, he's talking about the fact that he is the one who kills him in the future.

Now that the timeline's been changed again, and John is aware of the T-101 as effective assassin strategy, this is, IMO, far from certain.

As the Terminator is only speaking of his own experiences, it's not a problem.

Either way, it wasn't "sequel begging" which was my point.

I've been trying to catch up on some of the older edits I have not seen yet, and this one came highly recommended to me- rightly so.

The best thing I can say is that I am totally astonished at how much better UA managed to make this movie. Like a lot of people, I only remember T3 for how crappy it was. With this edit, UA has managed to make it WAAAAYYY closer to the quality of the first two. Of course, those 2 movies set an impossible bar for most to reach. So that is a big compliment, especially considering the original cut.

Technically it is perfectly done, and I loved the little touches like inserting of Aliens on the TV (Seamless, BTW. I didn't even realize for awhile it wasn't originally there). My only misgiving is we never hear the Terminator theme proper in the opening or closing. And yes, the virus thing might have been a tad clearer. However, UA scores points for replacing the strip club music with "Intimacy". Very clever. :)

This is about as good as a fan edit gets.

Ok, here is my review of this fanedit.
Now as a way of setting this up I must mention that i do know Uncanny Antman, we got to know each other while he worked on MARVEL 24.
Also I don't hold any hatred or animosity towards him.
Sometimes I have been accused of being unduly harsh and insensitive.
But that is not my intention, I just call it like I see it.
And in this medium, its pretty hard to hide, a bad edit is a bad edit and a good edit is a good edit.
it's there, you can see it.
So Uncanny if you are ready for this read on...
Terminator 3 - The Coming Storm.
Just finished watching it.
Boon once told me that Uncanny Antman is the oldest active member of this forum.
I was trying to find out about UA since he wanted to pick up were I left off with MARVEL 24.
At the time I had been out of the community for about a year.
But i did visit now and then and his name kept popping up, mostly with good buzz.
But I had never seen an Uncanny fanedit.
That's all changed with Terminator 3 - The Coming Storm.
First the Good; Edits are clean and smooth. Unnoticeable. Pristine image quality. Same with the Audio.
Story/Entertainment. There are still several groaners left (Arnold's reaction to the T-X grabbing his crotch) but the movie really moves along. My only quibble would be the scene with the T-X and Cate's boyfriend. But thats is all.
Ultimately the film itself is not very good but this edit really cleans up a lot of it's shortcomings.

On a technical level the video and audio are immaculate.

On the editing level it is faultless.

On a story/entertainment level this fanedit improves on the original.

On my street-wise rating system I give this film a

GREEN LIGHT: Go watch it!

r196707748817mx0.jpg

Cheers for the review, KBM. Glad you enjoyed it.

killbillme said:
My only quibble would be the scene with the T-X and Cate's boyfriend.
In what way?

This is from the avi version:
After John and Kate escape the Tx and head towards the cemetery, there is a couple of scenes with kate's boyfriend Scott.
The TX knocking on his door, the TX/scott greeting the FBI and the TX/Scott in the cruiser.
So now all we have is him sleeping next to her when she gets the call and then Scott/TX arriving at the cemetery.
so how did the TX know kate was there? it was a bit too much trim.

And yes I did enjoy it very much.

I think what this movie needs is a remix with another movie.
It's a pretty low budget effort regardless of the action set pieces.
it needs to be opened up, specially Skynet's birth and attack.
Using something like WARGAMES or CONTACT or SC CHRONICLES.
make the story about the birth of skynet and John's story is just a small part of that.
Kinda like one of our MARVEL 24 ventures. :p

it would help with the pacing as well. I always hated how they go to the cemetery and chat for a bit and then suddenly the entire police force is outside. what... Terminator couldn't sense them? they tippy-toed in?
and then after they decide to see kate's dad they suddenly just arrive. no security checks, no effort getting in to this high security military installation.
the writing is low budget too.

Overall it's always a pleasure to see a master at work.

killbillme said:
so how did the TX know kate was there? it was a bit too much trim.
Ah, yes. Gotcha. It is indeed a pretty thin connection there. My reasoning behind the cut was that we've seen how polymimetic Terminators tend to go about their business in T2. Kate is living with her fiancé, so after the "surprise" of Scott killing the cops, we can reason that the TX pulled the old bait-and-switch while trying to find her.

We never see the T1000 killing Janelle Voight either, but it's obvious from context what happened.

That was the intent, at least. :)

If it makes any difference, I never feel good about getting that close to short-changing an audience. (There's a bit in A Nightmare on Elm Street 7 that still keeps me up at night. ;) )

Uncanny Antman said:
so after the "surprise" of Scott killing the cops, we can reason that the TX pulled the old bait-and-switch while trying to find her.
Sorry dude, there is no surprise killing of cops. you cut that out too.
all we have is he's sleeping next to her and then he pulls up at the cemetery.
That's thin beyond thin. specially for someone who's never seen the film.

killbillme said:
Sorry dude, there is no surprise killing of cops. you cut that out too.
Nope. It's there, just in a different spot. Someone was just skimming, huh? ;)

i did double check but not out of order. will look again

It happens just before SWAT storm the mausoleum.

There's even a line of dialogue that helps point out who this dude in the backseat is, in case a new viewer doesn't recognise him...

"Good news, your fiancée's okay."

Mollo Reviews Terminator 3 - The Coming Storm by Uncanny Antman

Me like much.

5.5/5

:lol: One word less than mine was. Winner!

I guess my next Mollo review will have to be:

"Good edit."

(Followed by, "Nice." and then finally, "!")

I finally have my long promised "review" ready:

I'm a big Terminator fan, and when I saw Terminator 3 in theatres via an exclusive press premiere, I was actually a bit disappointed. I was really hyped with all the Terminator 3 trailers, and I had expected that T3 would become the best movie out of the Terminator saga. Boy, was I wrong...

I left the theatre with a weird feeling. Was this the movie I had been waiting for? And what was with all the lame and ridiculous stuff... Terminator with Elton John glasses, T-X with inflatable breast, some things just didn't make any sense. The action was big, but the story suffered.

Seemingly I was not the only one with this problem. A lot of Terminator fans complained. And few, including myself, hve tried to create their own version. Uncanny Antman thought the same and followed.

The first things I noticed that we both had similar cuts. A similar basis of stuff that had to be removed.

One of the things I love about this edit is that Uncanny managed to do some of his own special effects. No blinking Terminator, Sarah Connor's tombstone. This was really nicely done and I wish I had that know-how knowledge so I could have done it for my own fanedit. Uncanny Antman manages to do it and it's great!!

Terminator 3 is a somewhat difficult movie to cut. There's not much of deleted footage that has been released, so much stuff has to be taken from the movie itself. T3 is a flawed movie, and I believe fanedits can improve the viewing experience while watching the movie, but can never fix this movie into a masterpiece or to something close that is a good follow-up to T1 and T2. This goes for my own edit, but also for Uncanny Antman's and ADM's.

I have heard a lot of people compare Uncanny's fanedit and my fanedit, and ask which one is better. I cannot give the answer to that one. I enjoy both fanedits, but think they are different. I enjoy Uncanný Antman's fanedit, but on some creative cutting decisions I differ, like the T-X being the one to upload the virus in Uncanny's cut. However, Uncanny has also done some great editing, making the Terminator a much more silent type and even more focussed on the mission.

I think Uncanny did a great job on this one. I rate it 5 stars.
Uncanny Antman, thanks for creating a great Terminator fanedit.

a great review, t-hope, especially considering it comes from someone not only devoted to anything Terminator, but also from someone, who has created his own fanedit of the very same movie.
Seeing the greatness in somebody else's work, even if it is different than your own vision shows a great open minded attitude. Kudos for that.

does anyone else have an audio glitch at 31:04 ?

i didn't see anyone else mention this...

Back
Top Bottom