• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Terminator 3: The Coming Storm

PunishBat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
If you mean your copy jumps directly from one scene to the other, then no.  It is not supposed to be like that.

Yeah it happens around 17:26

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Again Uncanny Antman knocks it out the park with this fanedit, almost all of the cheesy corny lines have been edited out from this movie,the T1000 acting like a woman GONE,the T800 and T1000 are now acting more like how the terminators acted in the previous movies. this version takes a movie that was packed with boob jokes,gay jokes and time travelling errors and turns it into  highly enjoyable cat and mouse chase movie. 

This is a must watch for terminator fans.

WingMantis

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
Thanks for the kind words, Valdora.  Glad you enjoyed it.

-I missed John's closing monolog. I think it explained what skynet was and brought it into the 21st century where computer cores are a thing of the past.

-John has a line saying that Skynet is the virus. I think the point was that it created the virus to be plugged in.
Those came out for a reason, though...I hate Skynet being a virus.  For better or worse, that's my preferred take on it.  :)

As for the material between John and Kate, who knows...maybe I'll release a v2 some day that revisits some of the decisions I made on T3 the first time.  It was one of my first edits ever, and theoretically I want to do a 2nd version that pleases me more.   ;)

Hi, any plans on updating with a 1080P version yet? I haven't watched your cut but it seems to be the definitive version.

I do agree with Valdora a bit. T3 was terrible, but I originally came out of it with an OK feeling because of the radio sequence and John's monologue at the end. I just watched the theatrical ending of T3 on youtube and the ending wasn't as long as I remembered. Maybe I tacked on some broadcasting from Salvation or Genisys in my memory?

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the only version of the film I've seen. Had no interest in seeing T3 until I heard all the good things about this edit, so I bought a copy just to watch "The Coming Storm". 

It was enjoyable, and I liked the ending. But I won't be rushing back to see it again anytime soon. 

I do intend on watching the theatrical at somepoint for comparison... When I get around to it. The cutlist makes me shudder though.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I may have said this before, but I hadn't seen T3 since it was in theaters. I didn't like it much when it came out, but after rewatching T1 and T2, I decided to watch The Coming Storm instead of the theatrical version and then forgot that that's what I had done. A couple of weeks later, a friend had just rewatched all of the Terminator movies too and we had a heated debate about whether T3 was trash. It wasn't until he referenced scenes that I didn't remember that I realized what had happened. I gave him a copy of the edit and he was blown away by how much of an improvement it was.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I may have said this before, but I hadn't seen T3 since it was in theaters. I didn't like it much when it came out, but after rewatching T1 and T2, I decided to watch The Coming Storm instead of the theatrical version and then forgot that that's what I had done. A couple of weeks later, a friend had just rewatched all of the Terminator movies too and we had a heated debate about whether T3 was trash. It wasn't until he referenced scenes that I didn't remember that I realized what had happened. I gave him a copy of the edit and he was blown away by how much of an improvement it was.

That’s a good story!  Nice.   ;) 
Thank you for sharing Man

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WingMantis said:
Hi, any plans on updating with a 1080P version yet?
Nope, sorry.

I haven't watched your cut but it seems to be the definitive version.
Eh, I definitely wouldn't go that far.  There's a lot of room for improvement.

Blipps

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just got a 1080p regular copy and synced each shot frame perfect

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Antman created some new visual FX for this though, how did you incorporate those?

Blipps

Reaction score
Trophy Points
apart from the aliens part its all visuals from the original movie if i wanted to make a perfect version I would of just remade it perfectly with 5.1 surround sound

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aliens? 

There's the "Uploading Virus" thing as well. But since I've never seen the original, I didn't notice what effects might have been added.

Blipps

Reaction score
Trophy Points
the kid is watching aliens on his tv in this edit instead of watching the news like in the original i changed nothing else

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blipps said:
the kid is watching aliens on his tv in this edit instead of watching the news like in the original i changed nothing else

I don't believe that's true. The first post of this thread notes several custom effects shots done by Uncanny. You may not have noticed them, but what you have put together is not an HD version of this edit.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blipps said:

giphy.gif

chisharpe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched this last night. Used AI up scaling software to scale this to 1080p looks loads cleaner than the DVD as it was just too fuzzy for my 4K tv. Great work saved forever.

Top Bottom