• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator 3 T-HOPE Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
We're all seeding for the second (and much smaller) wave of downloaders. =)

That was the only error I noticed in the whole edit, T-Hope. If you can create a version 2.1 when time allows to fix that problem, great. If not, no worries.

BTW, the cut you made from the intro concerning John's remark about his age when the T-1000 came to kill him is off. He doesn't say "Thirteen", just "when I was a teen". Being twelve in T2, he is in his teens. From 10 to 18, you are considered a teen-ager, since your age is in the tens. So his comment of being a teen is justifiable. Granted, you can say 13 is really the teen year start, but 10 and up is really the beginning.

phaota said:
That was the only error I noticed in the whole edit, T-Hope. If you can create a version 2.1 when time allows to fix that problem, great. If not, no worries.
I forgot to check it out last night.

phaota said:
BTW, the cut you made from the intro concerning John's remark about his age when the T-1000 came to kill him is off. He doesn't say "Thirteen", just "when I was a teen". Being twelve in T2, he is in his teens. From 10 to 18, you are considered a teen-ager, since your age is in the tens. So his comment of being a teen is justifiable. Granted, you can say 13 is really the teen year start, but 10 and up is really the beginning.
The first rough cut had my altered intro with the words "thirteen" changed into "teen". But then I came up with the opening of the creation of the Terminator, so I dropped that altered scene. For fun, I included it as an alternate scene on the DVD.

phaota said:
Found an error in the edit. When you cut in the CRS promotional video segment, the dialog and music is absent for most of it. It is only at the end of the scene, when Brewster comments that the information came from Cyberdyne, that the dialog comes back in with the two characters. Did you mean for this scene to be silent? So far, though, you have done a marvelous job on the film.
I just checked and I have all the dialogue in the movie in this scene. I'm not sure what you mean. I know I had to mix 1 channel audio into a 5.1 audio mix, but all the dialogue is present.

Weird, because mine is absent. I'll check my second copy I made to see if it has the same error.

Update: Just looked at the scene. It is really muted up to when Brewster enters the scene and then mutes again after the guy says, "That's okay, Bob, take a seat." The audio then comes back clearly when Brewster says, "You do know that the patent's were obtained by a private vender, Cyberdyne." So there is definitely something wrong with the audio in this scene. It occurs both in my computer's DVD drive and just now on my stand-alone DVD player.

Oh wait, you do have audio, but I think you are only talking about the central audio channel of the 5.1 audio. Do you have surround sound? The central tracks has some silent parts in it, I only focussed on the voices in that audio track. The other channels have the background music.

This is a huge improvement over the original. I think I'm going to add all of your alternate scenes into a version for my shelf. Thanks for including them.

I didn't notice the audio drop out that phaota mentioned. But I was watching it with regular old stereo headphones.

Good job, and thanks!

Well, what can be heard is so quiet, it's like a fly wisping by in front of you. As noted, this absent audio, both in music and voices, only occurs at the start of the scene up to when Brewster enters the room. Then it disappears again until he speaks once more and the scene ends.

zero problems with my copy, audio is absolutely spot on.

Just finished watching the PAL version.
Wow, the movie sucks less, good work T-Hope.

The seams do show on your edit in places (some weird audio channel movements and sound drops), and there are some flaws in the change/commentary subs (as well as spelling mistakes (some in the menu too)).

That said, I actually ENJOYED watching T3. Two thumbs up, it's a keeper.

I just realized that I haven't watched the NTSC cut yet. I will say though, that I didn't catch any technical problems at all when I watched the PAL version. To the untrained ear, none of those audio channel errors went noticed. I guess it's possible that they just didn't effect me because I listened in Stereo.

I watched the NTSC version last night. I think you did an awesome job. I did notice some audio sync problems starting at about 40 minutes though, lasted pretty much through the rest of the movie, but got a bit better at the end. still a very enjoyable experience

Btw, it took all of 30 seconds to figure out the audio is sped up in the PAL version.
Arnie sounds like a girly man. :)
Ok, I had been doing some work on True Lies the last few days, so it was easy to tell he didn't sound right.

ThrowgnCpr said:
I did notice some audio sync problems starting at about 40 minutes though, lasted pretty much through the rest of the movie, but got a bit better at the end.
Really? Damn. I only noticed an audio error with the cops knocking on the door, but that one was in every edition. Even in my original DVD I think.
Otherwise I did not notice any audio synch errors... :eek:

DoctorM said:
Btw, it took all of 30 seconds to figure out the audio is sped up in the PAL version.
Ok, I had been doing some work on True Lies the last few days, so it was easy to tell he didn't sound right.
Hmn, I still can't hear or notice if it's sped up... perhaps I don't have such a good ear.

T-Hope, I just finished redownloading the NTSC version today from Demonoid and burned it to DVD. After checking that scene again, it is still the same as with my previous copy. As mentioned before, it is really muted up to when Brewster enters the scene and then mutes again after the guy says, "That's okay, Bob, take a seat." The audio then comes back clearly when Brewster says, "You do know that the patent's were obtained by a private vender, Cyberdyne." So there is definitely something wrong with the audio in this scene. It occurs both in my computer's DVD drive and on my stand-alone DVD player. I even put it on the DVD-R at 4x speed, just to see if that made a difference. It didn't. The error doesn't bother me, I just can't figure out why it only occurs in that one scene.

DoctorM said:
I'm still puzzled by this. The source for this fanedit is that PAL version, so shouldn't it be normal then?

phaota said:
T-Hope, I just finished redownloading the NTSC version today from Demonoid and burned it to DVD. After checking that scene again, it is still the same as with my previous copy. As mentioned before, it is really muted up to when Brewster enters the scene and then mutes again after the guy says, "That's okay, Bob, take a seat." The audio then comes back clearly when Brewster says, "You do know that the patent's were obtained by a private vender, Cyberdyne." So there is definitely something wrong with the audio in this scene. It occurs both in my computer's DVD drive and on my stand-alone DVD player. I even put it on the DVD-R at 4x speed, just to see if that made a difference. It didn't. The error doesn't bother me, I just can't figure out why it only occurs in that one scene.
I think I know what the problem is, and I have tried to explain it before:
T-HOPE said:
The central tracks has some silent parts in it, I only focussed on the voices in that audio track. The other channels have the background music.
I mixed this scene myself to "5.1", because the source was just 1 audio channel. What I did was all the music into the surround tracks, and only the voices in the central track. So what you have got is that the central track in this scene is completely silence when nobody speaks. Just as a character speaks, the central track comes in with the voices while the surround tracks decrease in volume. So yeah, perhaps I did some bad audio mixing in that scenes. I was my first audio mixing in 5.1 and back then I thought I did pretty well. I checked it out on my stereo tv and didn't notice any "errors". I checked it on my surround speaker set on my computer and the silence didn't bother me, it was played correctly out the boxes (in my ears).
You're the only one who comes up with it, so I suppose the rest didn't hear it (which is either a good sign, or the sound is played correctly on their sets). Anyway, you will have to take it as it is because I'm not gonna work on that fanedit anymore.... I hope this does not screw up your viewing pleasure. Just know that I gave it my best shot and that it was my first fanedit. :)

Thanks for explaining that. I kind of figure that was the situation.

T-HOPE has indeed done a commendable job; but the movie still wasn't great. On the technical side, some of the added scenes are glaringly poor quality; and don't really fit the movie (they're more Robocop-style inserts), and the audio lost sync with the video I think once for a couple of mins. Still, for the main part the cutting and editing is seamless with only a few "clicks" here and there. It would have been nice if a little more was removed from the original, but this edit does make T3 a 3-star film, from what was basically a 1.5 star wreck - well done.

Daniel said:
On the technical side, some of the added scenes are glaringly poor quality
Source material was bad quality ;-)

Daniel said:
the audio lost sync with the video I think once for a couple of mins.
I hear that more lately. Still I haven't done anything with it, weird.
I only suspect that this is the case with the NTSC version. I hope the PAL version does have a good audio synch with the footage.

Daniel said:
It would have been nice if a little more was removed from the original, but this edit does make T3 a 3-star film, from what was basically a 1.5 star wreck - well done.
Thanks for the review :)
What scenes would you have removed more from the original cut?

Back
Top Bottom