• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator 3 T-HOPE Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
did anybody else grab the NTSC version and watch it. I am wondering if just my copy the audio is off in. I would love to know if anyone has the NTSC and the audio sync is fine.

The PAL version looses sync in some scenes, you may be experiencing the same problem, I'm not sure.

I only noticed a slight audio out of synch when the policemen knock on Scott's door (you hear them knock one more time than visually seen). However, I checked it back then on my official DVD and it was exactly the same (also one more audio knock than visually seen).

So right now I'm really curious (and also worried) that you are all reporting out of synch errors. This was not when I tested the video on my dvd player....

well, the copy i have is more than minor, thats why I fear I have a badly burned copy. Most of the movie is out of sync starting around 40 or 45 minutes. cant recall exactly where. If it were just a tiny spot like the one you mentioned I would be very happy with it. I loved this edit, and was just hoping that my copy was messed up, and that someone would be able to provide me with a better copy (assuming mine is a bad burn)

Mine is a few seconds out of sync when john is in the car and then tells about the future! Only a couple sentences are out of sync!

thats good news! mine is mostly out of sync from about 40-45 minutes on. would you mind trading or something? I have sent you a PM

I find it really weird that some people have the second half out of synch and some only a few words or none at all.....

yeah, this is wierd. i am not sure what the issue was

I hated T-3 wheh i first watched it and when i heard there was a fan edit of the film i thought "my god, why?" So i downloaded it watched ot and i was very impressed with it! The new opening sequence was very impressive and i thought wow. As to the rest of the edit what an imnprovement i'm glad i got it and i no longer watch the horrible Theatrical version. Thanks man and well done, highly impressed with this one.

This is the first fan-edit I have seen. I enjoyed the original movie but there were definitely things about it that I didn't like (the Elton John glasses) and others that I didn't pick up on until reading the list of cuts you had made. I eventually decided to go ahead and download your fan-edit T-Hope so I could see what you had cut in action.

You have improved upon the original and have made it a better film to watch. I do have some issues with John Connor's voice over in the back of the truck with Kate as I felt it was out of place, as well as the music chosen. But that's pretty much the only thing in your edit I didn't like.

You did a great job and made it feel more like a Terminator movie! So congratulations on achieving this! A short review I know but I did enjoy what I saw and appreciate your efforts!

I guess I will add my two cents to this also. T-HOPE, I think you did a fantastic job with this edit, and it is one of my all-time favorite fan-edits. I gave it a rating of 5/5.

I was finally able to get a good NTSC copy (no sync problems, must have had a bad burn before), and I think everything looks and sounds great! Thanks for making this a real film for me. ;)

i have to agree its a great edit and i didnt notice any sync errors (or anything for that matter) on my PAL version.

Thanks for the kind feedback everybody.

I'm glad that you don't have an audio synch problems now, I really have no idea how that started out. On my own pc and tv, there has never been any out of synch problem. However, someone on TPB.org posted the problem with both my PAL and NTSC v2.0 versions. When I asked for more info, I don't think he ever replied to it.

Again, thanks for the comments!!1 :)

Yeah, I never noticed any audio sync problems on either version. I wasn't out looking for them, but usually I'll get thrown off balance at the first sign of one. I didn't burn a disk though; I just watched the disk image on my computer.

Review of T-Hope's TERMINATOR 3 verison 2 NTSC edition, as posted in the Rapidshare section:

After reading all the online praise for T-Hope's edit (and obvious love for all things Terminator) I was really looking forward to this and am happy to report I was not disappointed.

The all new opening credits and rearranged opening monologue was fantastic! It immediately invokes the "feel" of the first two Terminator films and properly puts the audience in the mood.

I agree with most of the cuts. The female Terminator now comes across much deadlier and systematic with the removal of much her dialogue and the whole "breasts" scene. Likewise with Arnie's Terminator, by removing most of the one liners and sentiment, he is closer to his previous incarnations.

Most the edits (both audio and video) come across very clean. The only jarring edit I noticed was during the RV ride sequence where John narrates the newly placed "Future War" scene to Kate. The audio jumps noticeably in volume and the cut between scences seems very hard. While it works wonderfully storywise, I think this sequence could be be smoothed over slightly with a transitional voice over to bridge the sequence. But this is minor quibble. Otherwise, a technically excellent edit.

I am curious from a storypoint of view, why so much of John and Kate's "destined" romance/future children element was removed. I always thought this added a nice new layer to the Terminator mythology. Plus, if the intention of the edit is to make the story closer to the first two James Cameron movies, I would think the love story component would be a vital element to the Terminator story. As both Terminator movies (in fact, I would argue ALL of Cameron movies) at their heart are epic love stories. But that is just my personal taste, I am sucker for a good romance.

All in all, an excellent edit and definite improvement over the original! Thumbs way UP!

bionicbob said:
Most the edits (both audio and video) come across very clean. The only jarring edit I noticed was during the RV ride sequence where John narrates the newly placed "Future War" scene to Kate. The audio jumps noticeably in volume and the cut between scences seems very hard. While it works wonderfully storywise, I think this sequence could be be smoothed over slightly with a transitional voice over to bridge the sequence. But this is minor quibble. Otherwise, a technically excellent edit.
Thanks for all your kind words. I know the sequence in the van has "bad" audio-mixing, mostly because the source files already had heavy background sound, but pleople complained in the first version of the fanedit that the voices were hard to understand, so I had to turn up the volume of these voices, which also forced the original background sounds form thos sound files to increase in volume.

bionicbob said:
I am curious from a storypoint of view, why so much of John and Kate's "destined" romance/future children element was removed. I always thought this added a nice new layer to the Terminator mythology. Plus, if the intention of the edit is to make the story closer to the first two James Cameron movies, I would think the love story component would be a vital element to the Terminator story. As both Terminator movies (in fact, I would argue ALL of Cameron movies) at their heart are epic love stories. But that is just my personal taste, I am sucker for a good romance.
Ofcourse the first Terminator had some love-story in it, but if you have ever read the Terminator 2 novel, you'll read that John Connor was a loner in the future war. The only thing really close had been his mother, but she had died in a Skynet ambush. John was hardened by the war, he didn't attach himself to stuff or people. He didn't let people get close to him or too personal. That's the John Connor from Terminator 2, and with the romantic lovestory from Terminator 3 mixed, that hardened T2 John Connor was simply something completely different than the John Connor we saw in T3. So away with T3's "lovestory" and back up to T2's John Connor.

bionicbob said:
All in all, an excellent edit and definite improvement over the original! Thumbs way UP!
Thanks for your review! :)

bionicbob said:
Ofcourse the first Terminator had some love-story in it, but if you have ever read the Terminator 2 novel, you'll read that John Connor was a loner in the future war. The only thing really close had been his mother, but she had died in a Skynet ambush. John was hardened by the war, he didn't attach himself to stuff or people. He didn't let people get close to him or too personal. That's the John Connor from Terminator 2, and with the romantic lovestory from Terminator 3 mixed, that hardened T2 John Connor was simply something completely different than the John Connor we saw in T3. So away with T3's "lovestory" and back up to T2's John Connor.

Very interesting. I have never read any of the Terminator novelizations. Sounds like a very facinating look at John Connor's character. Too bad the movies could not show us more of this. Maybe the upcoming new trilogy will explore this more.

Once again, an absolutely fantastic and enjoyable edit. I am really looking forward to your next project!

bionicbob said:
Very interesting. I have never read any of the Terminator novelizations. Sounds like a very facinating look at John Connor's character. Too bad the movies could not show us more of this. Maybe the upcoming new trilogy will explore this more.
The first 2 or 3 chapters show more of the future war and the battles, more on Skynet's defeat (locations, time, etc) plus a look inside Skynet's Time Displacement chamber (T1's Reese being send back) and the cold storage room (finding T2's Arnie), plus a hint how the T-1000 was created.

bionicbob said:
Once again, an absolutely fantastic and enjoyable edit. I am really looking forward to your next project!
Terminator 2 3D: Battle Across Time T-HOPE Ultimate Edition is finished and being put online. ;)

i meant to place this on dmnoid but i cant post reply's on there for some reason.........

when i first popped this into DVD i was so excited to only get more excited with the intro to the dvd, then i clicked play on the arriving early and my emotions went from excitement to WTH is this garbage, walking through the park made me feel that way.... the menu thingy was a bit confusing, for me atleast, playing the arriving early would only play like 7 minutes then go back to menu, after finally figuring out how to watch the entire 36 minutes uninterupted without the walking through the park part, i was impressed, i havent watched all of disk 2 yet but the interviews are interesting, james cameron made 1 referance about using T2-3D as the starting point for T3, i wonder what happened with that? anyhow this is a pretty damned good T2-3D compilation that any terminator fan must watch.
Wasnt what i was expecting but definately a must have for any terminator fan, i reckon i was hoping after your T3 edit u could turn a cam video into blu ray hi-definition ;-)

edit: when i looked at the seeds for this on the noid it said there were 12 seeders so i figured id go ahead and delete it from my pc for the time being, then when i refreshed the page i see there is only 1 seed, i only have a few weeks left to d/l things so i will wait before putting this back on my hdd but i wil def seed this for the entire summer when i leave my home in june

Back
Top Bottom