• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Steel of Man. Restructured, Regraded, Rekindled!

Thanks, I appreciate that.
That's 2 votes against, so I'll try to think about how else to present this. I need some way to show people how this is different from the original and other edits. With my other edits, I've used a subtitle. So if I do the same here... What would it be?

Editzilla suggested 'kal-el' that's a nice idea. It's a good starting point for an idea, because this edit is not really about who he was at birth, it's about who he chooses to become.

Need to think on it some more.

Hey all, I am maybe not the most creative dude but how about "Superman - Repainted Steel" xD probably a stupid idea but it includes steel to reveal the base movie and that something has been done to it to give it a new look.. just off my head.. or Steel Repainted? just brainstorming here..

That's a really good idea. I wouldn't use that exactly but 'repainted' is a cool concept that relates well to steel and what I've been doing.

Thanks, I appreciate that.
That's 2 votes against, so I'll try to think about how else to present this. I need some way to show people how this is different from the original and other edits. With my other edits, I've used a subtitle. So if I do the same here... What would it be?

Editzilla suggested 'kal-el' that's a nice idea. It's a good starting point for an idea, because this edit is not really about who he was at birth, it's about who he chooses to become.

Need to think on it some more.
I like Steel of Man. It's tongue in cheek. Others won't, however. I instantly caught the reference and the innuendo. I like that you chose to march to the beat of a different drum. This movie has been edited to death and everyone basically stuck to the title. Why not step out in a limb? I think you could go all out on a trailer with some seriously memorable music.

You could do "Man of Steel Repainted". Or...just call it "Kryptonite". Or "Kryptonite-Man of Steel Repainted".

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean about innuendo. I'm a bit of a prude so, didn't catch that 😅

Kryptonite sounds so cool! XD

Yes, that was part of the reason I wanted a unique title. So many edits of it already.

I'm not very good at trailers though. 😕

I've been thinking a lot about the title, looking at it from many different angles and I have to say, I like my choice for the title. It is man of steel, rearranged and instead of being a man made out of steel, it is a steel thing that embodies humanity. Its also a synonym for courage and determination. I like it.
I think I can do some heavy lifting with my poster though. I figure it might be cool to show the words made out of something like a steel girder, with rivets on, painted to look like superman colours.
I'm also thinking my tagline will be "Restructured, Regraded, Rekindled" or something like that.

I've been thinking a lot about the title, looking at it from many different angles and I have to say, I like my choice for the title. It is man of steel, rearranged and instead of being a man made out of steel, it is a steel thing that embodies humanity. Its also a synonym for courage and determination. I like it.
I think I can do some heavy lifting with my poster though. I figure it might be cool to show the words made out of something like a steel girder, with rivets on, painted to look like superman colours.
I'm also thinking my tagline will be "Restructured, Regraded, Rekindled" or something like that.
I love it. I hope you write that explanation into the description of the edit, then everyone watching it can understand it and appreciate it even more :)

Poster could be something with a crowd whose faces you see facing front, and a Superman silhouette or Superman shaped hole in the crowd or something. Like mankind.

I like the idea of it being mankind, but would that give the impression that superman is absent?

I like the idea of it being mankind, but would that give the impression that superman is absent?
It doesn't have to imply that, just the emphasis on people instead of on him specifically. Could be a silhouette that's white with light beams shining out of it onto a background of the people, representing what he brings to them. Could be a silhouette where the background is a void of black or white but within the silhouette shape we see the people, representing what they bring to him. In any case the silhouette should retain the S, imo.

Idk. Just a loose idea based on your description of the title's meaning. I won't feel bad if you go a different direction, but feel free to use it if you like it.

Thanks, I appreciate it! It's a very interesting concept for a more abstract poster.
a red S, in a bright yellow silhouette, shining out into a collage of blue faces? I can sort of picture it. might be pretty epic!
Haven't done anything that in depth for a while. could be a fun photoshop adventure :D

Thanks, I appreciate it! It's a very interesting concept for a more abstract poster.
a red S, in a bright yellow silhouette, shining out into a collage of blue faces? I can sort of picture it. might be pretty epic!
Haven't done anything that in depth for a while. could be a fun photoshop adventure :D
That's the spirit, and the primary color scheme would be a cool twist on it.

so something like this mockup?
cm3VZRR.png

cm3VZRR.png
I like this, except for the Impact font. Can't help it, my brain sees Impact and thinks "meme". I'd use Gill Sans Bold (which I think is the font in the original Man of Steel poster) or similar.

I like this, except for the Impact font. Can't help it, my brain sees Impact and thinks "meme". I'd use Gill Sans Bold (which I think is the font in the original Man of Steel poster) or similar.
hehe, yeah it's just placeholder ^^;
In the finished version, it'd be constructed out of steel girders. Custom lettering.

cm3VZRR.png
I freaking love the way the colors pop! I wouldn't use the Impact Font. Maybe, the original title font? Maybe a slight drop shadow on the cape and then one on him. Maybe even a very slight outer bevel or emboss.

Heya,
been awful heat here in the UK, so not done anything all week. Worked on this today to get me started again.
I think I'm happy with this as the base image. Will bemaking the title in 3dsmax so that's to come later, maybe tomorrow.
HVLuXX3.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom