• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Steel of Man. Restructured, Regraded, Rekindled!

As someone wiser than me once said, fan edits are never truly finished, only finally abandoned. lol

Don't worry too much about other people's reviews, so long as you learned something along the way, then the fan edit was a success. :)

My own personal reflection on this project. Being so much more extensive than previous projects and this movie being more structurally complex and with more layered audio than the others, this project was pretty huge in terms of just the editing. I'm not even talking about any sfx I may have worked on. Just the basics, was hard going and I have felt rather overwhelmed at times. I also went pretty bold with my choices and tried a lot of new techniques for the first time. I learnt a lot that is for sure. I just finished watching for the first time myself and I have to be honest, I'm not happy with how it turned out. I'm really not sure that my new structure works well. I succeeded in my goal but I'm questioning whether my goal was the right one. I also realised how the scene changes can alter the way the music flows and I would make much more use of the AI audio separation that was introduced to me by Lantern51, if I were to do this project again. At this stage though, I have too much fatigue for this project so it remains as it is even if I'm not happy.

I'm prepared for some less favourable reviews for this one. That is my own personal view. I don't think it's my best work and I hope people can feel confident enough to be honest about their feelings. Perhaps I am being harsh with my criticism, and maybe the reviews will be better than I expect? It will be interesting to see!

Thanks for sticking with me on this you guys :)
I think you're being a little too hard on yourself. While it's a very bold edit, there's a lot to love about it. The colors are absolutely gorgeous and some of the choices you've made are truly inspired.

I have some issues with it, of course, but most have to the existing material you're dealing with. As virtually every fan edit of MoS has struggled with, you're bound by the footage Snyder shot, which limits what you can do.

Honestly, I'd take a break from reading the reviews and come back to them in a month or so. They'll still be there whenever you want to read them.

For what it's worth, the version I saw was technically flawless from what I could tell.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I have been having a bit of a tough time with my mood lately so I guess I need to try and shift my perspective.

I hope I haven't neglected you all. If you wanted to see the final edit and I haven't already sent it to you, please say so, i got very emotionally bogged down with this edit.
I really appreciate all your help :)

Give her time. We all have lives.

tumblr_ouivdhqiMi1sgx7gio2_r1_640.gif

Gotcha. Thought so as she hasn't responded to the message I've sent days ago yet.

Back
Top Bottom