• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi

Word of mouth and not RT scores. Week one was for the die hard Star Wars geeks, week 2 and onwards are for the casuals. The holiday season are for the families with children. 

But compare the numbers between TFA and TLJ and already episode 8 is down by almost 50%.
Granted TFA had hype was first SW since the PT. 

A “meh” movie is a “meh” movie and if friends say, save your money or wait for DVD or iTunes release then that’s what affects a movie.

Ghostbuster 3 was a bad film and not some conspiracy theory. 

I wanted this film to succeed, but for me it was average. But it’s great for others. All that matters is what you  like.

Ok you guys win it sucks and everyone hated it.

I should just unplug from the internet completely for the next few months because all it does is suck the joy out of everything.

TVs Frink said:
Ok you guys win it sucks and everyone hated it.

I should just unplug from the internet completely for the next few months.

Please don’t lol. Everyone didn’t hate it. A positive outcome of every discussion would be good ideas for the edit.
But further on your point, what about people who like the prequels, didn’t their joy get sucked out to by sites like red letter media?

Being critical of any film is healthy because it draws out a conversation.

This is quite the intriguing theory that would heal this movie for me. I'd love this head game to be true. I'd even fancy Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan and even Anakin showing up as force ghosts to go at Snoke.

DigModiFicaTion said:
This is quite the intriguing theory that would heal this movie for me. I'd love this head game to be true. I'd even fancy Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan and even Anakin showing up as force ghosts to go at Snoke.

“Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine “

Intriguing, I wish if this were the case then the film should have delved a bit more into Luke and snoke instead of the adventures of Finn and Rose so much screen time wasted when more could have been spent on the mythology. Had they gone deeper into the mysteries of the force and less on milking animals we would have had an awesome film.

A cool theory and a bold one...I wish it would have been better thought out in the current film. I still wanted snoke to be Darth Plagiues, that’s my fan wish lol.

The whole mind meld stuff was a cool concept. 

Nice find....now that would be something.....I wish this film was more focused on storytelling rather than political statements. 

How do you fan edit a mystical theory lol.

DigModiFicaTion said:

That's almost worse than a marketing stunt. We have progs in the film because it was too much work to edit the puffins out. Amateur hour at its finest.

Although, if this concept art had been brought to life, we may have been able to salvage something.

tlyrwvoq9jcjoibg0vgj.jpg

I didn't fin the porgs annoying (I even laughed a bit, but don't tell anyone!), and if kids like them, cool.
That said, there is a shot in the movie of porgs with the lightsaber that I'm sure faneditors will play with to recreate the artwork above... ;)
Ok, the shot with the crying porg watching Chewie eating looks a bit too much like Puss in boots from shrek to me... put appart from that one shot, I'm ok with porgs.

Honestly 3PO always commenting every scenes in ESB can also be seen as annoying and not in the tone of the movie. (but he also annoys Han and Leia, so it's maybe more part of the story than the porgs are, sure)

Adabisi said:
So first it was DC fanboys and 4chan trolls who artificially lowered the score and now they've been joined by the alt-right who are protesting Disney's liberal agenda? 

Stop. this conversation is getting shitty. If you want to start throwing "alt-right" and "liberal agenda" into a Star Wars discussion, go visit originaltrilogy.com. There are plenty of knuckleheads there who will gladly sling shit with you. We're not going to go there here.

Everyone: please keep this discussion reasonable. 

Remember: lazer swords, space sasquatch, pew-pew, princesses. fun.

tenor.gif

theforce said:
They have appeal to the kids

No. They have to appeal to a wide audience. Star Wars 1977 did that without having to dumb it down. Lucas didn't quite get that when he created Jar Jar Binks.

FWIW, I loved everything about the Porgs. Last time I checked, I'm not a kid. As far as I know, I also don't have any kids.

TVs Frink said:
I should just unplug from the internet completely for the next few months because all it does is suck the joy out of everything.

I wasn't saying this because I was grouchy, I was saying it because it's true.

TVs Frink said:
TVs Frink said:

I wasn't saying this because I was grouchy, I was saying it because it's true.

Agreed. I've definitely changed my internet use/consumption over the last year or so.

ThrowgnCpr said:
theforce said:
They have appeal to the kids

No. They have to appeal to a wide audience. Star Wars 1977 did that without having to dumb it down. Lucas didn't quite get that when he created Jar Jar Binks.

FWIW, I loved everything about the Porgs. Last time I checked, I'm not a kid. As far as I know, I also don't have any kids.

I had no issue with those creatures...jar jar was annoying.

what should it matter if rotten tomatoes hate any movie or if random groups of people hate it or even if your friends and family hate it as long as you like it.i have loved movies with scores of 10% and below on RT and hated movies with 90% and above on RT.the funny thing is ive seen low scored mass hated movies become cult classics years later and loved high scored movies become only watched once fails. high or low scored i always watch once to see if i personally hate or love the movie no matter what others think. after all its your opinion that count in the end.thats why i love fanedits they can change a movie that i like into a movie that i love..

gazza said:
what should it matter if rotten tomatoes hate any movie or if random groups of people hate it or even if your friends and family hate it as long as you like it.i have loved movies with scores of 10% and below on RT and hated movies with 90% and above on RT.the funny thing is ive seen low scored mass hated movies become cult classics years later and loved high scored movies become only watched once fails. high or low scored i always watch once to see if i personally hate or love the movie no matter what others think. after all its your opinion that count in the end.thats why i love fanedits they can change a movie that i like into a movie that i love..

Exactly, i find no issues with debating respectfully...the star wars fan editors on this sight have passion for star wars...cause if they didn't....there wouldn't be a fanedit.

I don;t think there is a right or wrong opinions...there are just opinions. I will go watch the movie a second time, not to convince myself of anything...but because I love Star Wars...even though I didn't like this version so much...I don't hate it.

DigModiFicaTion said:

I’ve made no secret of the fact that there are manany things that don’t work for me in TLJ. But Snoke dying is not one of them. So, the guy in this video says something to the effect of either Snoke is alive in Ep9 or Disney has ruined Star Wars. He said it somewhat tongue in cheek, but I honestly don’t understand what would be ruined. Can someone explain it to me?

ThrowgnCpr said:
Stop. this conversation is getting shitty. If you want to start throwing "alt-right" and "liberal agenda" into a Star Wars discussion, go visit originaltrilogy.com. There are plenty of knuckleheads there who will gladly sling shit with you. We're not going to go there here.

I agree. But why are you directing this comment to me when Frink posted the link claiming the liberal agenda theory?

*Removed excessive quoting*

Back
Top Bottom