• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - The Force Awakens (SPOILERS Thread)

I think I’m aware of all the fan edits of this film, but I wanted to see if maybe I missed something. My dad and his wife did a mini Christmas over Thanksgiving weekend for my kids since they won’t be with them for actual Christmas. They gave them that remote controlled BB-8. Now they want to watch Force Awakens. They are only five and it still seems a bit too intense for them. Has anyone done a light edit to make it a bit more younger kid friendly?

Not sure if this would be considered a light edit, but I had Kylo Ben hug Han instead of killing him.

TVs Frink said:
Not sure if this would be considered a light edit, but I had Kylo Ben hug Han instead of killing him.

Given that I am looking for an edit for my sons, I endorse this edit.

Yeah but you didn't ask what happens after the hug.

TVs Frink said:
Yeah but you didn't ask what happens after the hug.

Well I assume Kylo says, “I now realize that Dad is always right and I will never ever have another tantrum. I’m sorry, I’ve just been watching too much Calliou.”

Good assumption, but I also added the white cotton border.

animated_atrocities__big_brother_caillou_by_regulas314-datrjo1.jpg

Oh boy are these Ideas for Ridiculousness Awakens?

I like Kylo Ren's character and get annoyed at people who complain he's whiny, but that's an interesting idea.

TVs Frink said:
I like Kylo Ren's character and get annoyed at people who complain he's whiny, but that's an interesting idea.

I agree. It’s one of the more original ideas of Episode 7; to have him be conflicted and struggling with his emotions. I think he’s a much more interesting character in that way than Vader. Of course, I think Lucas’s idea with the PT was to imbue Vader with a bit of that. Unfortunately it didn’t work.

TVs Frink said:

Yeah, I agree. Did I forget to say? I love the character too. I love the movie again. 

That time I hated the movie like others for bullshit reasons, are long gone. Truth be told, I was influenced by most of my friends who hated Force Awakens (who were also probably influenced by the internet and their lack of insight, or personal taste). Maybe I wanted to fit in with them more so I fooled myself, I dunno. I have no idea why, but I just jumped in the hate bandwagon for no reason. Well, I’m glad I’m out of it. Remember back in December 2015, how I was so excited that I loved the movie? Those are my true feelings about the movie.

I’ll get into detail (if any is interested) when I re-marathon-analyze (marathanalyze?) the saga, and talk about about what changed about my views towards them (and they have changed a lot since last time).

I really wish Rey used the force on Unkar Plutt to get rations when trading junk. It would of made more sense that while being stranded she self taught herself mind control. Instead of just out of no where learning it while being captured. That one change would go a long way in what she is to become.

MechAniX said:
I really wish Rey used the force on Unkar Plutt to get rations when trading junk. It would of made more sense that while being stranded she self taught herself mind control. Instead of just out of no where learning it while being captured. That one change would go a long way in what she is to become.

I think that could be arranged with a bit of LFE.
This might better support Johnson's current presentation of the force as seen with the little boy at the end of TLJ who force floats the broom into his hand.

What I think will happen is Rey will eventually happen to be the daughter of either Luke or Leia but Rian Johnson’s idea will be brought forward through other Force sensitive characters… but the film left me kind of confused on the matter.
*Added spoiler tags since you referenced TLJ plot points/reveals*

@"Canon Editor" please be careful. People have not seen The Last Jedi yet. Please use spoiler tags if not posting in a Spoiler specific The Last Jedi thread. Thanks!

I bought a MoviesAnywhere copy of The Force Awakens a while back and juts picked up a DVD/Blu-ray/Digital copy of the movie so I have an extra digital code. If you want it, comment below and I'll PM it to you. First come, first served.

One correction to the above post: do not post a comment in this thread if you want the extra code.  Send a PM.

My kids chose TFA for Friday night movie night. And as I’m watching, it occurs to me that the whole story probably falls apart if they just do the smart thing and leave BB-8 in the Millennium Falcon when they go to Maz’s castle.  :p

^ I seem to recall noticing that in my one viewing of the movie so far, but it got buried in so much else I don't think I ever commented on it myself. Yeah, what a bunch of morons! After being told by the Space Scot the First Order has put out a huge bounty on a BB unit, Han sees fit to warn Rey not to get into any trouble at Maz's, but brings a BB unit along?! Truly, the Sequel Trilogy's ruination of the OT heroes runs deep.

images%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Well, I wouldn’t know about that, since technically, if they leave BB-8 on the Millennium Falcon… if the First Order finds the Millennium Falcon (remember they know it finds itself there), it finds BB-8.  Out of the two, I kind of see why they would decide to brig it along and have him under control.  Did I miss something?

Back
Top Bottom