• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - The Force Awakens (SPOILERS Thread)

When and why did everyone start hating homages so much? The only thing similar about the scene is that a guy loses his arm because he was bugging the main character in a bar. EVERYTHING else about it is different. Why the heroes are there, why the guy is there, why he's angry, the kind of bar, the hero's reaction, and of course the way the arm is lost.

In my mind the biggest problem with the scene is its placement in the film which is absolutely terrible (in between Finn leaving and the call of the lightsaber).

I have no issue with the scene because it calls back to OT references. My issue with the scene is that it just isn't good or necessary, and we don't ever actually need to see Chewie rip the arm off of someone. I'm glad it wasn't used.

This is a pretty cool thing spotted by someone on Reddit.

MRK5aQN.jpg

Pablo Hidalgo (Lucasfilm creative exec, one of the main public voices on what is and isn't canon) addressed it on Twitter:

Pablo Hidalgo said:
That lettering was meant to say "R&H", a reference to a costume designer's sons.

I like the idea that Rey named herself, it fits in with what we know (so far) about her past..

It's funny but I would have found difficult to buy that she named herself Rey from the letters of that helmet without being called something else before and not remembering it.

I like the Chewie scene. It's not just a reference, it's a strange bonding moment between Rey and Chewie. This shot for example...

31601022193_411961365b.jpg

..is pure "Big brother steps up to the school bully". Probably nobody ever cared enough for Rey before to stand up for her.

The Force is strong with these suggestions:

Gaith said:
The Force is strong with these suggestions:

2 or 3 of those could be fixed through fanedits. Removing Poe after he was supposed to die is probably easy enough. Inserting brief shots of Coruscant and moving the Star Killer attack to the end of the film.

I really like the idea of a squad of Poe clones. Make them non-replaceable and finite, and also not that many of them to start with, say, 30, and now they're down to #14 or so - enough that we can afford to lose a few, but not so many that doing so doesn't hurt, and makes the remaining one that much more precious.

The R2 rescue mission idea is pure gold.

And yes, the Coruscant thing could probably be fudged via editing, but with future canon no doubt contradicting it, what would be the point? ;)

Wow those are some wonderful ideas. I think basically all of them would have been great.

The problem with the Jar Jar idea is that it makes Kyle Ren the hero.

Had this happened instead, I would have stood up and clapped.

(Well, probably not. But it would've crossed my mind. :p )

*see below*

Gaith said:
Had this happened instead, I would have stood up and clapped.

(Well, probably not. But it would've crossed my mind. :p )

img_0975-jpg.2781

Photo's not working.

@"Gaith", I got your photo to work.

Someone_edited_Jar_Jar_Binks_into_the_new_Star_Wars_trailer_and_it_s_horrific.jpg

I find your choice for applause disturbing.... :p

^ The line should be "Sorry son... only I shoot!" :p

Back
Top Bottom