TM2YC said:Just returning from my second screening and I'm not sure I'm ready to nitpick just yet, because I'm still feeling so damn grateful to everyone involved with the movie that this wasn't the prequels all over again ;-). So some of my favourite things...
- The bit where Rey used the force to take Luke's Lightsaber away from Ren. Proper Excalibur goosebumps sh*t!
- Rey and Finn and the actors who played them generally.
- BB-8 was brilliantly "puppeteered". The way his head quivered with fear, or slid to the side in a sarcastic way etc. To get that much emotion out of a pudding bowl on top of a basketball was excellent.
- I looked "badass" up in the dictionary and it just had a screengrab of that closeup of Mark Hamill's face with his long hair and beard looking all amazing. Cannot wait to see the possible training sequences with Rey in the next movie.
- Ren's "Broadsaber". I had my doubts when I first saw the trailer. But after feeling the crackle, hearing the buzz and seeing how right it looked, I'm ignoring any logic arguments against it and just loving it.
- Snook: What a great idea to have him be this gigantic twisted thing staring down down like an Evil Abe Lincoln.
- Love that we got dropped right in the middle of an ongoing story with barely any backstory to fill in the gap since ROTJ and only 50% of everything was explained by the time the credits rolled. Some might mis-label it as "plotholes" *sigh*, I call it mystery.
revel911 said:Great movie, better than Jedi even .... but I would dial it back a little. Empire is a masterpiece compared to this movie.
dangermouse said:Harrison's delivery is Han down to a T.
Q2 said:did I miss something or did Han and Chewie just stumble onto the Falcon? Because if so that'd be really lame.
TM2YC said:- Who abandoned Rey on Jakku? I almost hope it's never explained but I suspect it will be a big revelation in the next two episodes.