• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars - The Force Awakens (SPOILERS Thread)

TMBTM said:
Disney Releases ‘The Force Awakens’ Oscar Promo Album with +13 minutes of Previously Unreleased Music

http://www.waltdisneystudiosawards.com/#/star-wars/music

Wow, awesome. It is totally different :). Hopefully somebody will be able to work out what order to play all the tracks in to create the ultimate extended tracklist. I made a little cover for it, from the accompanying backdrop artwork...

24046943780_fdf10e4f18_o.jpg

This makes me giddy -- not just that there's extra music, but that someone on the Internet made a spreadsheet with a cue list before even a day was up, and that someone from our forums created an awesome cover for it just like that. :)

I remember being sorely disappointed with the AotC score when I first got that CD, but after I got to listen to an extended cut, I ended up loving it like the others. I'm hoping that happens with TFA.

I wish these FYC CDs weren't so rare/expensive. The single one I found for sale was nearly $200. It would be nice to construct a complete score from the best possible sources.

^ This.

That being said, it's still awesome to get it. I made my Chronological Soundtrack this morning. :) Great guide and thanks for sharing.

TM2YC said:
I made a little cover for it, from the accompanying backdrop artwork...

Great cover, definitely using it in iTunes for the hybrid extended soundtrack. Thanks!

I was just listening to the Rebel Force Radio podcast (I particularly love the shows about the soundtrack) and the host had some info that I found interesting. When he popped in the disc (not from iTunes, not ripped and imported), the metadata had some of the track titles different. It appears as though they changed some names to avoid spoilers (not a bad idea considering the Ep 1 OST disaster though that was released before the movie). Here are the changes that were mentioned:

- 'The Falcon' was 'The Falcon Still Flies'
- 'The Starkiller' was 'The Republic's Demise'
- 'Han and Leia' was 'The Reunion of Han and Leia'
- 'Torn Apart' was 'Father and Son'
- 'Farewell and The Trip' was 'Farewell and Trip to the Island'

Probably a good idea to change them for spoiler reasons. I prefer these "original" titles, especially 'Father and Son.'

thecuddlyninja said:
I prefer these "original" titles, especially 'Father and Son.'

I think this was the original track...

...oh and...

Thoroughly enjoyed that second vid. The first wouldn't play for me on my phone, for some reason.

Very funny video. Thought Frink could have fun with this for his ridiculous edit.

^ Thanks for that. One of the all time best Star Wars sketches IMO. The best part was that it was fully in character for Ren :-D.

Thanks TMBTM, bookmarking that one!

yads said:
I can't speak for others but I'm not complaining about Artoo, I'm complaining about how the map storyline was resolved by Artoo. The map is the central macguffin of the movie, it's superficially the driving force of the whole film... and it gets resolved without any proper explanation when Artoo wakes up from a long coma, somehow or other. I understand that JJ likes to keep his films moving but this is another example of him sacrificing story coherence for pacing.

I don't think it's an unreasonable criticism.

Fair point. Its true from a writing standpoint that nothing the characters do seem to help with finding Luke other than indirectly finding Rey and Ren killing Han. Their initial quest is pretty much a failure. Though the looming threat of the death planet kinda takes over as priority #1 midway through.

Rewatched last night in 2D. It seems to me that lots of stuff is very blurry, could they have processed 3D footage into 2D?

Anyhow, the film felt even better this time around.

I did not notice any blurry footage.

No, no, the BluRay footage won't be out until April.

Back
Top Bottom