• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: The Coaxium Heist

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. There seems to be quite a bit of footage during the bonus features that show unfiltered theatrically used shots.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. There seems to be quite a bit of footage during the bonus features that show unfiltered theatrically used shots.

If you can provide some high-definition screenshots of some of those unfiltered shots and also of the exact same frames from the finished movie, I might be able to make a better LUT for you.

Update
Finally got all the video replaced and sync'd. Need to rip the deleted scenes and add a few then test this one out on a few of you. At this rate probably a week or two (in dog years)?

Made a little time to mess around with some Mimban extensions. Here's a very rough draft pre vfx work. Not sure if I'll end up using the deleted scene. What do you all think of the flow?
[video=dailymotion]
password: fanedit.org

^ Looks/sounds great to me. What FX are missing?

Looks very professional! Nothing that would take you out of the scene

Thanks everybody. I was worried the pace of the scene would feel off with the surrounding scenes. I removed dialogue between the characters and some very rough previz scenes of the walkers. We don't know the new characters enough to invest in them yet, so I wanted to remove them as a distraction. This meant removing the other guy from Beckett's crew who dies. The blaster fire needs some added elements as well as a few ceiling of the sound stage scenes and a weird halo on a blaster that was put in post production. Thanks for the encouragement!

New approach to color correcting the film. I really wanted to bring out some of the colors, but the color corrector tool was just too finiky and resulted in the lows/dark turning into a burnt orange color. I found a way to enrich the colors without creating unwanted low effects by using a base white balance filter and then using the brightness and contrast filter to adjust the color levels. The white balance takes out more of the offensive blue overlay while still retaining the blue that is supposed to be there. It still has a bit too much blue for my end result, but this approach seems to be working better for me. Anyway, here's a draft. Feel free to share thoughts. Thanks!

[video=dailymotion]
password: fanedit.org

Here's what the original looks like for comparison

A few more A/B Shots (First=Original, Second=Regrade). The dark interior scenes of the first outpost where they meet Lando are going to need some adjustment as they're a bit too orange for my taste. Possibly a tad bit too much green in the lows. Chuggin' along.
9813tA5l.jpg

5phdDjll.jpg

A19waJ8l.jpg

wcQAh8Cl.jpg

w7bFYShl.jpg

m6iaaV0l.jpg

aRuDRRvl.jpg

8yMIeaGl.jpg

gGZysWLl.jpg

sX9XBdUl.jpg

5p9SscNl.jpg

HTvrNKrl.jpg

6BcuwXQl.jpg

3B8tGsdl.jpg

IcPA9oml.jpg

AFDNVqEl.jpg

Those all look great. The last one is maybe a little too yellow, but I'm looking at it on my phone so maybe not.

I honestly can not believe how terrible the colors in solo looked, these look perfect don't change a thing

Going to be honest, even though I think the brightness/contrast and maybe a little saturation/small regrade is needed for Solo, these shots look way too colorful and especially way too orange for my tastes. There has to be a perfect medium between the colorless original and the orange regrade. But that's just my opinion.

I like most of those shots, but IMO, the two (that I've done a quick photoshop pass at) below are too orange:

5p9SscNl.jpg

AFDNVqEl.jpg

Just my two cents. :)

I appreciate the feedback! The colors for the most part are untouched. I used a white balance, which brought out some orange, and then brightness and contrast to bring out what was there already. I agree the dark scenes have too much orange/yellow. I'll mess with the lows to see of i can make some adjustments.

Below are two sample videos that I made with a new LUT. I made the first one by applying the LUT in Vegas at 50% intensity (Vegas allows adjusting the intensity of LUTs) but leaving the visuals otherwise unaltered. For the second one, I again applied the LUT at 50% intensity, but also tweaked the brightness and contrast.

Password: fanedit.org

The LUT can be adjusted to make the effect more subtle or more pronounced, and brightness, contrast, etc can be edited separately to fine-tune the visuals.

Here is a link to the LUT in case you would find it useful:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwrkjkrgm0z9paf/Solo New LUT 2 (250 color space).cube?dl=0

Back
Top Bottom