• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: The Coaxium Heist

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
greenturnedblue said:
Should get in touch with this guy:

I didn’t watch the whole thing but in the first few clips the skin tones are too orange and it just looks over-saturated to me.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doing a render tonight. Wish me luck. Here's hoping.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:

I'm looking forward to it...ive been holding out watching it again in anticipation.

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last Impressions said:
DigModiFicaTion said:

I'm looking forward to it...ive been holding out watching it again in anticipation.

You’re not alone there, can’t wait for this!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good news. The color grade I went for worked for me, for the most part. I went at the blues with a vengeance in the space scenes which makes the picture almost noirish. This becomes a bit drastic when they arrive on planets and magically walk into the land of OZ. That's exaggeration ofcourse, but I might mute some of the color to better match the scenes. There are quite a few rogue frames during transitions for some reason and the wipes I added need a bit of an extension. Nothing that this week shouldn't be able to fix. A June release is certainly looking like a real possibility. I've got a good feeling about this. :)

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Good news. The color grade I went for worked for me, for the most part. I went at the blues with a vengeance in the space scenes which makes the picture almost noirish. This becomes a bit drastic when they arrive on planets and magically walk into the land of OZ. That's exaggeration ofcourse, but I might mute some of the color to better match the scenes. There are quite a few rogue frames during transitions for some reason and the wipes I added need a bit of an extension. Nothing that this week shouldn't be able to fix. A June release is certainly looking like a real possibility. I've got a good feeling about this. :)

Still targeting a June release? *fingers crossed*

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didn't get time to work on this last night so it will probably be a July release. Looks like today I'll be able to do the final iron outs and then will do a preview or two.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
We’re going camping the next few days but I’m happy to preview when we return.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've fixed the rogue frames and made a few other minor adjustments. I'd like to invite a small group to preview the file via Plex. If you are interested please PM me with the email you use for your Plex account so I can add you.

And we're live. To celebrate, here's a new poster design.
poster.png

If anyone would be interested in designing case and disc art I'd be appreciate.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very cool/classy poster design. Colour choices are all perfect. The logo isn't working for me through, the wide spacing on "Heist" looks unbalanced.

I had a go at doing a rough cut 'n' paste job, moving stuff around etc 'til it looks right to my eye. The same sort of spirit as your original and the old ESB logo:

48252786951_6a46ef6bb6.jpg

You could remake it better with the proper fonts if you like it... or ignore it if you hate it :D .

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had similar thoughts about the logo. I like what you came up with, TM2YC

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Very cool/classy poster design. Colour choices are all perfect. The logo isn't working for me through, the wide spacing on "Heist" looks unbalanced.

I had a go at doing a rough cut 'n' paste job, moving stuff around etc 'til it looks right to my eye. The same sort of spirit as your original and the old ESB logo:

48252786951_6a46ef6bb6.jpg

You could remake it better with the proper fonts if you like it... or ignore it if you hate it :D .

I like it. I agree the Heist is a bit odd with its spacing. I think I'll go back to the drawing board and see if I can replicate that. I'll probably make "The" a little more intentionally connected to Coaxium.

Update on the edit. Received some great feedback and I'll be looking at the color again. If there is one area I'm working on improving it's color correction and it seems like I'm still on that path with this one. I may opt to go with an original grade version of the edit and then slowly try to revisit the edit to create a color corrected version down the road.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice work, Dig! This is great light edit for those, like me, that felt it fell just a bit short theatrically.

I think the color looks better in the more well-lit scenes, but unfortunately the dark scenes are now even darker. Unless you can regrade those dark scenes, I’d opt for the original grade.

Otherwise this is a predictably superb effort.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen the new grade, do you have a screen of the new dark scenes? Would love to see if darker or perception of them being darker is because the increased in the lighter scenes.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
I'd like to invite a small group to preview the file via Plex. If you are interested please PM me with the email you use for your Plex account so I can add you.

I know this isn't the point of your post, but how do you share the file via Plex?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, after months of off and on color correction attempts on this one, I think I'm going to concede that I just can't get the color where I want it without it creating visual clashes across the entire story. I achieved editing wise what I wanted to do so I am going to officially call this one done, for now, and render a final version. To liven up the picture I've simply added some brightness, a tad bit of sharpening and increased the saturation by 1/2. I'll post when the render is done and verified and then this one will be done.

As per the advice of TM2YC, here are the updated posters and logo:

logo.png

the-coaxium-heist-han-poaster-july.png

the-coaxium-heist-blue-poaster-july-compressed.png

poster-alt.png

Top Bottom