• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (SPOILERS WITHIN)

I can't tell if you've misunderstood what I said purposely or not, but either way I've already asked everyone to move on.  Last warning (to everyone) to stay on-topic (i.e. Ep 9 discussion), next step is to issue infractions.

Are there rumors that Han comes back? I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, but I won't judge until I see it in action. I'm really excited for the new movie. I also really hope there references to the prequels throughout. Such as using the planets like Naboo or Kamino in the plot. Simply wishful thinking with no basis, I will be fine if it doesn't happen, it'd just be cool. Uwe Boll on Twitter joked about Rey being a clone from Luke's severed hand, explaining why her parents are nothing, but also making her a Skywalker. It's copying Luuke, but I'm pretty sure he's non Canon now, so I could see it. Her being a clone could also give excuse to go to Kamino!

If anyone's interested about what the Legends story of this film (assuming they do resurrect Palpatine) is: 

jrWHAG42 said:
Are there rumors that Han comes back? I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, but I won't judge until I see it in action. I'm really excited for the new movie. I also really hope there references to the prequels throughout. Such as using the planets like Naboo or Kamino in the plot. Simply wishful thinking with no basis, I will be fine if it doesn't happen, it'd just be cool. Uwe Boll on Twitter joked about Rey being a clone from Luke's severed hand, explaining why her parents are nothing, but also making her a Skywalker. It's copying Luuke, but I'm pretty sure he's non Canon now, so I could see it. Her being a clone could also give excuse to go to Kamino!

I'm sorry but my head just exploded at the part where I thought I read you follow Uwe Boll on twitter.

So, this is already a full Ep. IX spoilers thread? Because I thought the rumor of that appearance would have had to have been spoiler-coded. I mean, Lando returning isn't a spoiler, because he's in the preview and all, but... meh.

Anyhow, if indeed that rumor is true, I'm pretty sure I hate it. That character got their closure, for better or worse; no need to pander to fans with one last appearance.

TVs Frink said:
I'm sorry but my head just exploded at the part where I thought I read you follow Uwe Boll on twitter.

Frink, I don't just follow him on Twitter, he FOLLOWED ME BACK!
I love him so much. 

In trying to get a screenshot of him following me, I just realized that he has been suspended from Twitter. I wonder why.

Gaith said:
So, this is already a full Ep. IX spoilers thread? Because I thought the rumor of that appearance would have had to have been spoiler-coded. I mean, Lando returning isn't a spoiler, because he's in the preview and all, but... meh.

See thread title.

Andreas said:
It's a miracle of few that Frink hasn't come after you yet. He must be on holiday. We shall not have anything but positivty about this new trilogy! You hear me, fool?! The Emperor returning is a blessing! A blessing, I tell you!

tenor.gif

I hope you realize that my entire post was about a dream.

I love that gif. I'm pretty sure i say it like that every time I ask somebody that question because of a subconscious love of the delivery of that one off line.

Gaith said:
Anyhow, if indeed that rumor is true, I'm pretty sure I hate it. 

First off, apologies for the potential spoiler, I edited my post.

Gaith said:
That character got their closure, for better or worse; no need to pander to fans with one last appearance.

If JJ can do it without undermining his previous movie and at the same time give the character a decent send off why not? "Fan service" is not always a bad thing if done the right way.

I'm not sure they could convincingly pull off the resurrection of 2 classic characters that fell to thier death (3 if you count phasma speculation). It would take the cake a bit, I think. Plus, (Solo/Rebels spoilers): 
we've already had Maul back from the dead. 

Then again, I guess no one's ever really gone.

Edit: I'd say that it is especially unlikely for Han to return, given that he was both stabbed and fell, and he's not even a force user. So you couldn't have a force ghost either.

IMPORTANT OFF-TOPIC STUFF (CLEAR THE AIR):
I apologize for any inconvience or misunderstanding from earlier. I had no intention of being a jerk - I was just trying to make a point. It seems sarcasm travels badly across the internet, and Star Wars is a sore topic due to the state of things at the moment (toxic fandom). I take full responsibility of some people in here misjudging my character as that of a toxic SW fan, although my post had never the intention of being any of that. I was just being brutally honest - like I am in real life, and it came across badly. And even to the people who defended my statements; I thank you, but I do see faults in them now. I was being too brutal in them, and again - my humor didn't transcend well.

I hope I'm allowed to talk about Episode IX (even though I'm not the biggest fan of the on-going trilogy), and I'll keep it all constructive instead of brutal. The things we all have in common here either way is that we are fans of Star Wars, and we want to see it achieve great things on the big (and small) screen!

Thank you all for hearing me out, and let's keep on rocking! No response is needed (if so, feel free to send a PM) as I don't want to derail the thread any further. I just had to speak out for some common ground to be met.

ON-TOPIC:

I've seen a lot of people want Han back. And Luke. And Leia. And for good reason! We all would've loved to see them have a couple of minutes together in The Force Awakens, but Disney's new plan going forward did not allow for that as they had other plans. These plans and directions have led to Episode IX - the last Skywalker chapter in the saga!

I think a brilliant way to open Episode IX would be to pan down from the stars, and pull us down onto the planet on which Luke's old Jedi Academy stood. But this time in all it's bright, shiny glory, with young students filled about and Luke, Han and Leia having a good conversation about life (Leia's dialogue would of course have had to be shorter due to her untimely death), past and future. This way we could open with the original three - seeing them having their good days between RotJ and (pre-)TFA, before moving onto the end; making us all feel a little fuzzy and warm, once more, before the bitter end.

It would also serve as a nice mirror to Palpatine's now confirmed return, having Luke and friends open the movie - only for The Emperor to once more cloud the world that Luke helpt build (before Rey whacks up Kylo/Emperor evil plan of course).

I really don't see them doing this, but man would it be a great testimony to the love and passion these three characters brought to the world of Star Wars.

Andreas said:
I think a brilliant way to open Episode IX would be to pan down from the stars, and pull us down onto the planet on which Luke's old Jedi Academy stood. But this time in all it's bright, shiny glory, with young students filled about and Luke, Han and Leia having a good conversation about life (Leia's dialogue would of course have had to be shorter due to her untimely death), past and future. This way we could open with the original three - seeing them having their good days between RotJ and (pre-)TFA, before moving onto the end; making us all feel a little fuzzy and warm, once more, before the bitter end.

It would also serve as a nice mirror to Palpatine's now confirmed return, having Luke and friends open the movie - only for The Emperor to once more cloud the world that Luke helpt build (before Rey whacks up Kylo/Emperor evil plan of course).

I really don't see them doing this, but man would it be a great testimony to the love and passion these three characters brought to the world of Star Wars.

Seeing as flashbacks are a thing in the new trilogy and in regards to Leia JJ has to work with scenes they filmed in TFA never say never ;)

DonKamillo said:
Andreas said:
(Blablabla)

Seeing as flashbacks are a thing in the new trilogy and in regards to Leia JJ has to work with scenes they filmed in TFA never say never ;)
Let us hope for that then! I would forgive JJ for all his previous sins if he gave me the original trio, smiling and talking together - one final time.

I saw the trailer when it was released (although I didn't think to post about it on here at the time).

I loved it. Made me feel like I was 8 years old again.

Rey's amazing backflip. Lando. Threepio hanging on for dear life to some ship. The whole gang together. Love it all.

Palpatine is clearly a Sith ghost, manipulating things from behind the scenes. It fits logically in with what we've seen before. I genuinely don't think that Abrams and co. will expect us to believe that the Emperor survived falling down a giant hole and exploding in a ball of light on a space station that was then blown up 10 minutes later.

The Rise of Skywalker is a great title. Sounds fine and Star Wars-y, and it's started all the wild speculation it was intended to start.

I'm glad the temperature finally got nice, but this trailer makes me excited for December! :)

What if 
The emperor has been appearing as a Force ghost, to Kylo Ren, and has convinced Kylo he's not Palpatine, but Vader himself.

"Finish what I started!"

addiesin said:
What if 
The emperor has been appearing as a Force ghost, to Kylo Ren, and has convinced Kylo he's not Palpatine, but Vader himself.

"Finish what I started!"

That would explain why Kylo doesn't seem to know that his grandfather turned back to the Light Side before his death.

I would love it if Ghost Anakin showed up and smacked some sense into Kylo in the finale.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise...

I believe that Rise of Skywalker will center around attempts to resurrect Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, and possibly other Sith lords. The Jedi live on through the Force, but Darth Plagueis introduced a parallel--more like a counterfeit--to that, and Vader and Sidious were trying to unlock that same secret during their time. Kylo does not know that Anakin had turned from the Dark Side and believes he is fulfilling his father's ambitions by trying to unlock the secret of immortality. When Kylo says he will finish what his father started in TFA, he is alluding to plans set forth in RotS, and likely also intends to bring his father back to life. I'm guessing Snoke was also somehow in on this--as he is the one who deceived Kylo after all--and that this has been an ongoing endeavor of the First Order as it tries to pick up the pieces of the old Empire and fashion itself in its likeness.

I think Rey is somehow a product of the machinations of Palpatine and she truly has no parents (I believe she may be a clone of Palps himself, but I wouldn't bet on it yet). This might explain why she is strangely overpowered and seemingly has ties to the Dark Side. Her longing for family and belonging has been a theme present in both TFA and TLJ, and I think that will be resolved when she attains the belonging she seeks after through the Force. The Jedi Order will end, because Luke was right in saying that the Force never belonged to the Jedi but that it flows through everything and connects all things. Skywalker will be the new name given to those trained in the Force, and that's how the name (and the legend) will live on--Rey is seen literally "Skywalking" in the opening of the teaser trailer.

Kylo's going to learn that his grandfather Anakin had turned to the light side in the last moments of his life. Having lost his prior motivation, he will turn on the First Order and more specifically the Knights of Ren. Kylo may or may not turn to the light side himself, but he's going to be forced to confront the futility of trying to resurrect his grandfather, who is already a Force Ghost. He will then team up with Rey and try to thwart whoever is actively trying to resurrect Palpatine, likely the Knights of Ren. This will be the main plot of the movie.

I don't know what Lando, Poe, Finn, or the new characters will be doing, but probably trying to bring down the First Order in one way or another and/or trying to inspire the Resistance.

Grandfather*. I don't think Han has anything to do with this :p

Back
Top Bottom