• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (SPOILERS WITHIN)

TVs Frink said:
Andreas said:
Rian Johnson tried to be too bald

Didn't read past this.

i did, but i'm not sure what he meant by trying to be too bald. i mean, who would want to be bald? or too bald?

Collipso said:
TVs Frink said:
Andreas said:

Didn't read past this.

i did, but i'm not sure what he meant by trying to be too bald. i mean, who would want to be bald? or too bald?

Yul_Brynner_Anna_and_the_King_television_1972.JPG

Collipso said:
TVs Frink said:
Andreas said:

Didn't read past this.

I believe the word he meant was bold. We live in a global society and not everyone’s grammar is correct if their first language is not English.

oh. i meant 0 disrespect for his grammar. english is not my first language either so i know how that feels in the skin. pretty sure Frink also meant no disrespect for anjohan at all, he's just tired of the same good old complaints against TLJ, especially in a thread that isn't about the movie. 

i actually thought it was maybe a way of americans or canadians of speaking i wasn't familiar with so i was legitimately confused, but i guess not. i'm sorry anjohan if you took it the wrong way.

theforce said:
Collipso said:
TVs Frink said:
Andreas said:

Didn't read past this.

I believe the word he meant was bold. We live in a global society and not everyone’s grammar is correct if their first language is not English.

Yes I'm aware, and yes I'm aware.  It was a funny typo.

The rest was the same tired stuff I get sick of reading.  It went away for a while, thankfully, but since the new movie is coming, here we go again...

TVs Frink said:
theforce said:
Collipso said:
TVs Frink said:
Andreas said:

Didn't read past this.

Yes I'm aware, and yes I'm aware.  It was a funny typo.

The rest was the same tired stuff I get sick of reading.  It went away for a while, thankfully, but since the new movie is coming, here we go again...

Actually TVs Frink, just give a warning to members when it goes too much off topic and if no one listens then Lock the thread.

I am guilty of getting sucked into off topic conversations as well lol

Hehe, that was indeed a funny typo. No offense taken, but thanks for defending me nonetheless!

But my point still stand. Star Wars is literally going down the shitter - and the trailer just continued to prove this, and if my opinion has offended anyone or is annoying because it is a "common complaint"; - it is just an opinion.

Let's hope JarJar Abraham can work some miracles for his last SW film!

I honestly don’t see how anyone can make any determinations based on a teaser trailer. We heard a cackle. We have no idea what capacity Palpatine might return. Are we upset if his return is merely Kylo Ren seeing a recording of Vader dispatching him?

i still think it's a cheap move and, well put by andreas, shows that this trilogy can't stand on its own without (apparently) going back to the villain of lucas' six, unfortunately.

Guys may I remind you that the first Episode 1 trailer was freakin’ amazing.

Moe_Syzlak said:

And so was the movie itself, what's your point?

jrWHAG42 said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

Can't tell if serious.

Andreas said:
Star Wars is literally going down the shitter

Figuratively.  Unless you literally took your star wars stuff and flushed it down a toilet.

- and the trailer just continued to prove this

Lol.  A teaser trailer doesn't prove anything, good or bad.

I was going to say "wow you're clever" but your comment doesn't even make sense.

TVs Frink said:
jrWHAG42 said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

Can't tell if serious.

I love the film, but in this instance I was making a lighthearted comment, I want to say a joke, but I'm not ready to admit that it isn't really great, even if that may be the initial intention, so I'm just leaving it at lighthearted comment.

I was pretty sure that's what you were attempting, but for anyone who doesn't know you, it doesn't read that way.  It reads as grouchy from someone who legitimately thinks the movie is amazing.

But there's this followup conversation to prove otherwise.

TVs Frink said:
Andreas said:
Star Wars is literally going down the shitter

Figuratively.  Unless you literally took your star wars stuff and flushed it down a toilet.
They're doing that for us. Literally. ;)
TVs Frink said:
- and the trailer just continued to prove this

Lol.  A teaser trailer doesn't prove anything, good or bad.
If it promises to re-introduce a character that should be dead, further emphasizing what my criticism on previous page was all about - then yes, sure it does.

TVs Frink said:

I was going to say "wow you're clever" but your comment doesn't even make sense.
And i was going to bother to respond to this, but then i realized it's still funny.

Back
Top Bottom