• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (SPOILERS WITHIN)

^ Even with the "eff it" quote, I don't think Abrams would do something as wild as time travel. The alien horses picture suggests an Endor-style unspoiled nature vs. evil tech battle, albeit not as cloyingly cute as the Ewoks, and there'll definitely be Palps in some form, whether a corporeal remnant, or possessing Kylo Ren (as brainstormed in the video). Nor do I think Luke will return in the flesh. Granted, even with some narrative padding thanks to Lando and Maz, that doesn't sound like much to hang an Episode on, much less the final episode, so there'll have to be a bit more to the movie than that, but, those are my guesses thus far.

Neglify said:
I vow to watch zero footage until I see it.

I failed. It took me three and a half months to watch the first teaser. It was a boring trailer but at least I saw it in a movie theater. Now I just have to resist plot leaks...

^ Good call. Best to experience Kylo's disguised entry into the Bimmisaari Karaoke Tournament totally cold.

Possible alternate poster revealed.

ecwe_nmu0aaqbms.jpg

Possible? It was unveiled at D23, it's official!

That's an odd poster. It makes it look like an animation.

Zarius said:
Possible? It was unveiled at D23, it's official!

I tend to not fully trust anything on the internet ;)

The Scribbling Man said:
That's an odd poster. It makes it look like an animation.

Yeah, especially Palpatine. Reminds me of SW Rebels. Maybe just the art style of the poster itself?

I mean, the face of the emperor can't possibly be a real person's face.

I'm finding it hard to believe that this is the official poster. Plus, as much as they've hinted at the emperor, I highly doubt they'd stick him on the poster.

Maybe it's meant to evoke the painting style of Drew Struzan covers? I don't think it succeeds, but maybe that was the idea?

DigModiFicaTion said:

I'll be honest, that last shot made me go "Oh!" It's spoiled by all the reuploads that populate youtube for whatever reason, they're using it as the thumbnail. I find that extremely annoying even though I wasn't spoiled.

The trailer was good with some "Uhhh..." moments, and it didn't get me as excited as the Force Awakens and Last Jedi trailers did back in the Falls of 2015 and 2017 respectively. Then again, this is just a D23 Sneak Peek and I assume not the official trailer, which will probably come mid-Autumn. The trailer really makes the film look like a meld between Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith.

The shot of the gang finding a tribe really makes me worried that they're Ewok replacements. Plus the shot with a laser beam... Please don't be another planet destroying superweapon for GOD'S SAKE! Evil 3PO intrigues me. I'm pretty sure the shot with Dark Rey is a vision. Looks that way too.

I remember how cool The Phantom Menace trailer was....

Back
Top Bottom