• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek: Picard

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, but bring back the 7of9 catsuit (silver version)!!!
chelsea peretti ew GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, no. I don't mind a bit of titillation in my Trek, but it should feel appropriate to the character(s) in question. Seven and T'Pol's catsuits were just plain illogical, and ENT's decon scenes, along with Into Darkness' infamous bra scene, were totally lame. Either keep your scantily clad people to alien cultures, or make your human/main characters as sexually active as their (off-duty!) clothing is provocative. But don't have a character like Seven dress like she did and not experiment around.

Last edited:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank goodness Q isn't wearing a bloody Starfleet uniform anymore. It was one thing for him to do so as a way of noodling Picard at first, but by the time he did the same on Voyager, it was just nonsensical.

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ANALYSIS - may contain SPOILERS so will tag anyway for safety:

I think Picard and Mussiker rejoin Starfleet, only for things ot go topsy-turvy

"What the hell is happening here?"

So clearly whatever changes have happened, Picard is seeing the world around him thinking he's gone abrmy. he goes home in the midst of trying to find answers, when Q turns up (looking fabulous btw with his new jacket and goatee - not to mention that VOICE) - it's extraordinary to think it's been 27 years since we last saw him with Jean-Luc as 20 years ago of course he was on Voyager. oh and the Cerritos!

The End of the road not taken - the end... does that mean they have to work their way back to the beginning? Whe have Picard and Rios got those weird combadges?

It looks like La Sirena crew are fugitives on the run? Bar Soji/Dahj, dressed up nice. Seven seems to know she should have Borg implants.

"We can save the future, and I can get us home together"

So, they've been sent back in time? We know we get modern looking LA, but we know also we get a crooked Starfleet, of sorts. Are we getting Romulans involved?

I wonder if Whoopi has filmed her bit yet?

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The trailer is interesting but the poster is awful (probably? I guess we have to wait for the season to see if it makes sense.)

ufobaby11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone done anything with the Picard show? Feel like this could need some help in an edit.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a search I ran of threads with Picard in the title. Also, I merged your thread with a preexisting Picard thread in the same forum.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

It's been said many times before but I think the producers of this stuff really do hate Star Trek. Only someone who hated everything about the franchise could write a line like "You're answers are not in the stars... and they never have been." (at 0.55 in the above trailer). They might as well of made the line "It's never been about exploring strange new worlds, or seeking out new life and new civilizations, about boldly going where no one has gone before... and it never has been." just to make it really clear that's what they think.

Sorry to grumble about a show which I already bailed on after the first few episodes and have zero intention of watching but this particular line irked me.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a HUGE fan of the non-CGI'd original STAR TREK show, and was disappointed to find that the DISCOVERY and PICARD shows were not to my taste for a second re-watch, ever. However, I'm looking forward to seeing the excellent John de Lancie returning as 'Q' for this next storyline, and am hoping this season turns out to be a more satisfying affair for me overall.

Mostly, I'm looking forward to the more 'standalone' storylines of the forthcoming STRANGE NEW WORLDS show for my next 'Trek' fix, but I hope this next season of PICARD turns out to be a better outcome for Patrick Stewart and co.

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

It's been said many times before but I think the producers of this stuff really do hate Star Trek. Only someone who hated everything about the franchise could write a line like "You're answers are not in the stars... and they never have been." (at 0.55 in the above trailer). They might as well of made the line "It's never been about exploring strange new worlds, or seeking out new life and new civilizations, about boldly going where no one has gone before... and it never has been." just to make it really clear that's what they think.

Sorry to grumble about a show which I already bailed on after the first few episodes and have zero intention of watching but this particular line irked me.
The trailer is blocked in my neck of the woods. I'm assuming Q says this? That seems right on with something he'd/they'd say. With all of the galavanting around the galaxy, Picard always finds his answers in humanity and introspection.

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal."

"It's our mortality that defines us. It's part of the truth of our existence."

This season looks like it's going to take a DS9 approach to the past with a mirror universe twist. For me it all hinges on whether or not Picard has these small moments of truth. That's what Star Trek is for me. I'm the midst of the unknown, finding pathways towards truth and inner and connected peace. It is nice when we do get to do that by exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new civilizations.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any semblance of a touch of social alegory would be nice...TREK seems virtually devoid of it these days (lord knows there are SO MANY issues they could tackle)...instead, The Orville is doing a better job of that...

Fingers Crossed we have some in Season 2 of Picard.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The trailer is blocked in my neck of the woods.

It's just trailer 2, an official UK upload with Prime branding. I assume there is a US upload with Paramount badge that will work for you?

I'm assuming Q says this? That seems right on with something he'd/they'd say. With all of the galavanting around the galaxy, Picard always finds his answers in humanity and introspection.
Good guess but no it's Guinan. I could get behind Q sneering the line e.g.:

"Your answers are not in the stars Jean-Luc... and they never have been. Your selfish race is too petty and provincial. The only answer you're truly interested in, is where's my next meal coming from."

Then Picard comes back at him with an amazing speech about humanity, art, poetry, science, exploration, discovery and hope. Arguing that earliest man was painting the stars onto the walls of their cave, wondering what was out there. Drop in some Shakespeare. Something like that. Although considering this is the Picard TV show he'd probably just say:

"F*ck off Q"

:LOL:

My issue isn't so much whether it's a line that's in character, it's about it being anti the raison d'etre of Star Trek, much like these two quotes:

ERLK_bRW4AIwO3w

ERLK_cpXsAEEAAq

Last edited:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Oh, I liked both those lines! I think it's totally in-character for Picard to say that, given his passion for history outside of his Starfleet job, and the whole point of the what's-her-name character is she's a total newb to space travel (it's actually her first time off-world, which doesn't seem believable, but that's what they wrote). I found the dialogue, performances, and production values of Picard S1 to be pretty great all around; the problems lay in the haphazard plotting, weird characterization for Picard, and the completely unnecessary apocalyptic climax.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I find it totally believable that some people would never be off world. I know people today who are in their 70s and have never left the state they were born in.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Both lines excised in my edit....

Driver

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Oh, I liked both those lines! I think it's totally in-character for Picard to say that, given his passion for history outside of his Starfleet job, and the whole point of the what's-her-name character is she's a total newb to space travel (it's actually her first time off-world, which doesn't seem believable, but that's what they wrote). I found the dialogue, performances, and production values of Picard S1 to be pretty great all around; the problems lay in the haphazard plotting, weird characterization for Picard, and the completely unnecessary apocalyptic climax.
Patrick Stewart certainly wasn't lying about Picard being a very different individual back when he announced the show. lol

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A nice character update trailer for Season Two. Looks like there is a bit of time jump between seasons one and two...

Top Bottom