• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek: Picard

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Teaser for the Picard show dropped yesterday.  Interesting that a webseries like this would be shot with anamorphic lenses, which it seems is kinda rare these days even for digitally-shot widescreen Hollywood movies.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Webseries and TV are one and the same these days, and TV has been getting more and more cinematic over the past decade.  I believe the new series of Doctor Who was also shot with anamorphic lenses.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picard's an admiral...that always goes well.... :dodgy:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What the heck is this new show, is it just a 30 years later Next Generation sequel? Is it a miniseries or a full blown show? Is Picard really that popular? Are any other Next Generation characters in it? Is it self contained and unconnected to Next Generation?
I'll try to watch the trailer when I get the chance. 
It's also worth noting that I've never seen Next Generation.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
What the heck is this new show, is it just a 30 years later Next Generation sequel?
Yes
Is it a miniseries or a full blown show?
I'm guessing the latter.
Is Picard really that popular?
Yes.
Are any other Next Generation characters in it?
I would guess so, but we don't know yet.
Is it self contained and unconnected to Next Generation?
Probably not.
It's also worth noting that I've never seen Next Generation.
You should.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not even that big into Star Trek, but I see this teaser and all I can think of is "YES! FINALLY! A NEW TREK SERIES THAT'S NOT A G*&#%MN PREQUEL!!!"

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let's not get too excited yet, remember the new series is still being run by Alex Kurtzman.   :p

As much as I enjoyed Disco season two, it was still very flawed, more flash than substance, with the two part finale being a complete narrative disaster imo.

so..... yeah.... hope for the best...   :angel:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
I'm not even that big into Star Trek, but I see this teaser and all I can think of is "YES! FINALLY! A NEW TREK SERIES THAT'S NOT A G*&#%MN PREQUEL!!!"

Actually, technically, it is. :D

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Slightly cringey presentation and alien makeup, yet I smiled a few times. Hopefully the show has more of the latter.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Slightly cringey presentation and alien makeup, yet I smiled a few times. Hopefully the show has more of the latter.

That ^ is saying "unavailable" so it's either been taken down or is region locked.

This Amazon Prime trailer one is working for me:

Meh.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like mine is USA only and yours is Europe only. Yeah, I think you summed it up with the "meh"

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ol' Yellow eyes is ba-HOLY MOSES JERI RYAN

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have watched the trailer a couple of times and really don't know how I feel....?

Maybe I am reluctant to feel anything after two frustrating seasons of Discovery?

Jeri Ryan is a nice surprise, hopefully she is a cast regular rather than just a cameo.  I think her character would make an excellent counterpoint to Picard.  I remember the studio had urged Berman to include Seven in the NexGen movies.... looks like they finally got their wish.

The age reduction CGI of Data looked nice for the few brief seconds we saw, though I can not imagine they have the budget to do that on every episode?  Also is he B4 or another model?

Why do the  Romulans all look like Elves from Lord of the Rings?  No TNG bumpy foreheads it seems, which never quite made sense to me... back to the TOS (or is it Kelvin) look?

So any theories who the mysterious girl Dahj is?  A hybrid science experiment gone wrong?

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't tell you how excited I am for this show.

Those cameos, Picard back in space. I grew up on TNG

Bring it on

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm surprised by the tepid response this trailer is getting here. Everybody I've talked to in real life who has watched it is really excited.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I'm surprised by the tepid response this trailer is getting here. Everybody I've talked to in real life who has watched it is really excited.

If we base the response, intents, prejudices, etc. for all based on the very small less than 1% of the whole population that each of us know, we will most likely have a skewed perception of what something is or will be.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mixed thoughts:

-Seven of Nine being here reminds me of the greatest fanfic ever written: http://unitysaga.com/

-Mad that Picard isn't with Crusher (I ship them). 

-Data's back! Sine their not rendering Nemesis non-canon, I guess they might as well undo one of the most pointless character deaths ever!

-I guess the romulans look fine (I'm not too familiar with them).

Can't wait to watch the show when it comes out!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:

After the issues with Discovery, it'll take more than waving Data and 7of9 in my face to get me excited. Inserting Spock into Discovery didn't fix that shows problems... arguably it's that mentality that was the problem. If they wanted me to be pumped for the new show, they needed a trailer that said this will be slow, intelligent, thoughtful and clever, not look at all the callbacks, fight scenes, cameos and a girl with super powers! I envy your excitement but my Star Trek heart is dead inside right now ;) .

However, I've already got Amazon Prime so Picard won't cost me anything extra to watch, so I will 100% watch it regardless of it's quality :D .

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
However, I've already got Amazon Prime so Picard won't cost me anything extra to watch, so I will 100% watch it regardless of it's quality :D .

Still can't understand why the US doesn't get the same prime option.....

Top Bottom