• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Random TV Show Thoughts

Neglify said:
"Archer" - Season 1 was wonderful. OMG why has it taken me this long to watch this? Grade: A

I envy you. I wish I could watch Archer with fresh eyes but I've seen every episode of every season several times.

"Impractical Jokers" - I've watched all 92 episodes and specials of this wonderful prank show. A-

Best one ever is when they have to cut in line to buy tickets to a Broadway Show. "Larry!"

I remember liking Squidbillies back in the late '00s when it aired on Adult Swim. Although back then, I was still in university in the Southern USA so I appreciated that it mocked the culture, plus back then I was high quite a bit :smokin:

"I was a nuclear psychiatrist in James Bonk" Hahahaha. Finally watched that episode last night. Kudos to Denise Richards for totally sending herself up!
(30 Rock)

"We're not bad people... but we did a bad thing."

13059060.jpg

Just finished the excellent S1 of Netflix's original series Bloodline, starring my main man Kyle Chandler (Early Edition, Friday Night Lights, The Wolf of Wall Street). A tropical gothic family drama, it's very slowly paced, but never once dull, and the episodes are so focused on telling one big story it really feels like watching one big 13-hour movie, maybe adapted from a decent-sized novel in which every scene and line of dialogue was filmed straight off the page.

Fans of film noir and thrillers like Body Heat should dig it. Also, there'll be a second season.

Season One grade: A-

Spoiler-free preview:

Alan Partridge is back in 3 days time!

Spiceworld!

Also, I've just discovered that putting Alan quotes onto images of Taylor Swift is apparently a thing???

B8CFw7ECUAA_YcP.png

enhanced-3814-1422010296-2.jpg

af98e0f8e532065ed27356bd93eb5025.jpg

enhanced-484-1422010153-2.jpg

*sigh* Now I just want more curb :-(.

You're a little late to the party. :p

"Coming soon". Not soon enough! Verilly this is going to be epic my liege.

Oh sweet lord in heaven, I wish I'd only dreamt this nightmare...

^^i love British history, especially the dragons.

Wow, I'd totally forgotten about this fantastic kids cartoon from 1988...

...I'd also forgotten that the soundtrack sounds like avant-garde electronica. I think the animators were sniffing their magic markers.

well, probally not the place for this
but singer Rhianna has been cast as Marion Crane in final season of Bates Motel,
I'm not sure bout this, producers try to hard to modernize everything.

jswert123456 said:
well, probally not the place for this
but singer Rhianna has been cast as Marion Crane in final season of Bates Motel,
I'm not sure bout this, producers try to hard to modernize everything.

The entire show takes place in the modern day. So what do you mean by Rhianna modernizing things?

i am well aware of it taking place in modern times- cept for the fact its young Norman Bates.
i think my comment was more bout the credibility of the choice to  get a r&b singer to play the role
producers tend to hire people for roles based on cache of having said star rather than their acting skills
or they try to urbanize the remake ... ie. The Honeymooners, Uncle Buck,  etc.
I like originals, it was done right the first time, i lost interest in this show after season 1.
we all know the story of Norman Bates, but there was a mystery left untold and for me it made him more creepy.

Ah, so urbanize means "with black people" to you.

I think I understand your problem with the Rihanna casting now.

it's not bout race for me- more bout credibility.
and just dont like classics being messed with.

jswert123456 said:
it's not bout race for me- more bout credibility.
and just dont like classics being messed with.

The people in the "urbanized" remakes you mentioned are all well-established actors.

It's hard to claim that you don't like Psycho being messed with during the off-season before its fourth season, but okay.

without the classics being messed with, we wouldn't have the global pop culture we have now.

and we kind of sort of mess with classics all the time in this community. ;)

Back
Top Bottom