• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random TV Show Thoughts

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dude, im sorry for spoiling the episode. i promise to use spoiler tags more often!

:)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
random TV show thoughts:

the new "V" is the worst written show I have ever seen. its just atrocious. but my girlfriend likes it so I watch. I tell her every week that the original (sitting on my shelf 10 feet away) is superior but she doesnt want to watch it. she also wont watch BSG (???)

another one that could be good (but isn't) is Flash Forward. She likes it so I watch. I think when Lost ends I will kill her since its the only show we watch together that I like. well, theres always Pawn Stars.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
but my girlfriend likes it so I watch. I tell her every week that the original (sitting on my shelf 10 feet away) is superior but she doesnt want to watch it. she also wont watch BSG (???)

your girlfriend acts like my wive!!!

i do not hate v. but often i think it´s too generic and just going through the motions. and to be fair when i watched the original series two years ago i found it rather 80ies cheesy and not as cool as i remembered it (the dialogues, the make-up, the effects, the aweful hair of... everybody, only michael ironside still rocked! :smile: )

and my wife also doesn´t want to watch bsg!!!

:-?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the original V when I got the DVD's a few years back, and while definitely 80's it was still interesting and well paced. the 2 miniseries were great, the show did peter out over time.
all the new show has is better effects as far as I am concerned. its constantly explaining obvious things over and over like the audience has a head injury. and the "V's" CALL THEMSELVES ****ing "V's" :eek: :-x AHHHHHHHRRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!

seriously, if someone likes one (lousy) sci-fi show (V) and DOESENT want to watch (not even try) BSG, they need to be committed. I think the name "battlestar galactica" is just too nerdy for average women.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
as a child my wife was forced to watch the classig bsg by her older brother.

she´s traumatized...

:-(

and yes, the v calling themselves v is pretty dumb. it´s like manowar calling themselves metal kings...

:eek:

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heinrich said:
she´s traumatized...

I cant imagine why
dirk171509.JPG

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
seasons finales are there...

supernatural:

without spoiling anything to anyone I must admit that this finale was a worthy end for a great great season.

this show made its way in my personal tv show billboard from ´enjoying an occasional episode´ to ´must-see-entertainment´. it was so good i doubt that they manage to top that with a next season...

desperate housewives:

jeez. that was boring and non-suprising. i never liked the show that much (yeah, again it´s the missus) but now it´s just repeating things that were already told with different characters...
oh and they made the spiderman 3 error. because they needed a villain but couldn´t top last seasons bad guy (and all the ones before) they made three of them. one dumber than the other...

must convince wife to stop watching. must convince wife to stop watching. must convince...

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just started watching The Cops again, its a police drama (surprise surprise) set up north and was one of the first series to use the handy-cam fly on the wall documentary style.

if you like real proper gritty down to earth drama you cant go far wrong with this series.

thoroughly recommended.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I miss Top Gear! Still have to wait until June 27th for the next series.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am only familar with the classic comic hero the Phantom from two specific sources:
- the animated series Phantom 2040, with character designs by famed animator Peter Chung
- the bland 90's live-action movie The Phantom, staring Billy Zane

Now I see that Syfy has a TV movie reboot of the franchise that'll be airing on June 20:
http://video.syfy.com/v1232805/??dst=syfy|widget|SyFy Video&__source=syfy|widget|SyFy Video

And well.... I have one major question for them:

Where the hell is the Phantom? :-?
Cause I sure as heck don't see any purple-clad, black-masked hero using any whips or pistols - all I see is a black cheap-ass wannabe version of Nolan's Batman running around screen. :roll:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just caught the Langham episode of Shrink Rap.

EDIT: Lets rephrase that

I don't think he acquitted himself very well.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Couple weeks ago decided to watch an episode of Catfish The TV Show because I was bored. Nice little show. Very Catfish-y.

Also watched random British Reality Show on a lark, Britain's Secret Shoppers. Thought this was awesome, I'm fascinated with retail and cost-efficient shopping so it was right up my alley.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I'm fascinated with retail and cost-efficient shopping so it was right up my alley.

Welcome to "Things you don't expect Neg to say", volume 1.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
Welcome to "Things you don't expect Neg to say", volume 1.

Seriously. Next thing you know he'll be telling us he doesn't like rape.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You mean there's people out there that don't? :eek:

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like that one British show with the ex-roadie dude.

mikka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am a bit tired of watching the same old bunch of shows i've always watched and got on DVD, i don't think i want to keep watching these shows over and over again for the rest of my life!! What tv shows would you recommend to watch? There is a lot of stuff i haven't seen especially a lot of american stuff. Don't worry about not knowing if you're suggesting something i have already seen all suggestions are welcome cos you might be suggesting something i haven't seen and i might then go and watch it and love it
smile.gif

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Randomly decided to write up my "Top ____ Favorite TV Shows." Feel free to ignore.

(In alphabetical order.)

Arrested Development
Breaking Bad
Chappelle's Show
Freaks and Geeks
The IT Crowd
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
LOST
Mr. Show
Seinfeld
The Simpsons
South Park
Trailer Park Boys

Observations: Hmm, I really like comedies. And I guess I'm not really a fan of anything pre-1990... really anything pre-2000. Eh fuck my list, not hipster enough.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

loving this show, just been watching them on netflix up to season 5 now, just watched this episode the other week

[video=youtube_share;OR4zefzP7d0]

Top Bottom