• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Random TV Show Thoughts

dunno. not often???

:eek:

without watching that southpark episode: why is it so wrong to use facebook?

yep!

facebook isnt the problem so much as the people who get obsessed by it like in the episode where Randy gets all pissy cos Stan hasnt added his grandma to his profile, and then Wendy gets all annoyed cos Stans relationship status is single even though hes going out with her etc. etc.

personally i like to see my friends in real life to have a laugh and a chat, people that do all their social networking via facebook are the ones being made fun of.

(and rightly so)

In order to regain some of my lost childhood, I'm currently watching Disc 1 Season 1 of Sledge Hammer. Good times!
sledgehammer1.jpg

heyy! i loved sledge as a child! so funny!

but is it still funny nowadays? or is just ´watching for ole time´s sake´?

Ghostcut said:
Life is unwatchable without Attenborough. It's a beautiful series, but it's Attenborough that really makes it special. :(

This is why I havent yet watched a single episode yet. I have the Planet Earth Attenborough version and I hope they release Life the same way - guess I could always import.

as an American (or "yankee"), I must say - yall brits just sound smarter (a-hyuck-hyuck) :smile:

Other great shows I like:
Pawn Stars - History Channel (I love this one because I work in a similar environment)
Locked up abroad, Breakout - National Geographic Channel
Known Universe - National Geographic Channel
How its made - Science Channel

Heinrich said:
heyy! i loved sledge as a child! so funny!

but is it still funny nowadays? or is just ´watching for ole time´s sake´?
(thru 4 episodes) It's pretty good - not as good as I seem to remember back then, but still pretty funny. Worth a netflix rental, anyway.

elbarto1 said:
Other great shows I like:
Pawn Stars - History Channel (I love this one because I work in a similar environment)

I love Pawn Stars! I think the first season is out on DVD. One History Channel show I wish they'd release on DVD, or Blu-Ray, is "Cities Of The Underworld". Great show but I always miss it nowadays.

elbarto1 said:
Ghostcut said:
Life is unwatchable without Attenborough. It's a beautiful series, but it's Attenborough that really makes it special. :(

This is why I havent yet watched a single episode yet. I have the Planet Earth Attenborough version and I hope they release Life the same way - guess I could always import.

as an American (or "yankee"), I must say - yall brits just sound smarter (a-hyuck-hyuck) :smile:
The Attenborough version is available at both amazon.com and amazon.ca

^^ Watching Sledge Hammer, eh? Well then, being a list man yourself, you may enjoy my complete season guides. :)

Gaith said:
^^ Watching Sledge Hammer, eh? Well then, being a list man yourself, you may enjoy my complete season guides. :)
LOOOOOOOOOOSER!!!!!

I can't believe someone would waste so much time on something like that.

;)

In fairness to me, I made those many years ago, and have fan-edited my love life to considerable improvement since then. :p

I was making fun of myself more than you.

i would have made fun of both of you but i was late so...

Heinrich said:
i would have made fun of both of you but i was late so...
Never too late for that!

The finale for Season 1 remains one of my favorite episodes in TV history, right behind the finale for Newhart.

24:

yes that show is good entertainment again. sure we´ve seen it all (government conspiracies, moles, bombs in a big us city, ruthless terrorists getting shot and even more ruthless terrorists are revealed) and there aren´t much surprises left but if they just use the ingredients right they can let this show go out with a bang.

yes it was a bit sad to say goodbye to renee but we are not on wysteria lane here and now our hero isn´t out for justice only but also for a little revenge.

jack bauer has gone full rogue. this time everyone is against him, even the president and chloe...

i like it.

Heinrich said:
24:

yes that show is good entertainment again. sure we´ve seen it all (government conspiracies, moles, bombs in a big us city, ruthless terrorists getting shot and even more ruthless terrorists are revealed) and there aren´t much surprises left but if they just use the ingredients right they can let this show go out with a bang.

yes it was a bit sad to say goodbye to renee but we are not on wysteria lane here and now our hero isn´t out for justice only but also for a little revenge.

jack bauer has gone full rogue. this time everyone is against him, even the president and chloe...

i like it.

It's been an awful season thus far (and really it's been bad for about 5 years now) but the past few episodes have had some really good moments (though the logic of the President is pretty weak). I really hope they go out on a strong note.

holy shit! that last episode of supernatural was mindblowingly awesome! opening up that boring christian heaven/hell universe with all the different gods? fucking great idea! great und entertaining episode!

Dammit I gotta stop reading Heinrich's posts untill after I've watched the most current episodes of my favorite shows.

btw, has Supernatural ever been bad or boring?
I LOVE THIS SHOW!

I've thought that Supernatural is a PRIME candidate to turn into a movie much like Boon's Prison Break.
From a few seasons back, I'm sure an awesome Supernatural Werewolf movie can be made.
Back when they first got their hands on that Colt.
If I recall correctly, I think the first beastie that they killed with the colt was a werewolf.

Back
Top Bottom