• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
18835556_10155398002727959_3356639362898954380_n.jpg

Jeremy-Corbyn-dab.jpg

Projection:

314 Seats Conservative
266 Seats Labour
34 Seats SNP
14 Seats Liveral Democrats
3 Seats Plaid Cymru
1 Seat Green
18 Seats Other

No party holds a majority.

People are already talking about another election. PLease no....

I don't get either of those.  The second, probably because I don't know who that is, but I suspect even that information wouldn't help me with the first...

As I watch the febrile predictions that always precede the actual election results. It's time for the traditional re-watch of the Python Election Night to get things in perspective...

"This is largely as I predicted... except that the Silly Party won". Barely a parody :D .

TVs Frink said:
I don't get either of those.  The second, probably because I don't know who that is, but I suspect even that information wouldn't help me with the first...

And...you've removed the second image...

So let me get this straight, Tories... You rave about Corbyn's ties with Sinn Fein, then you turn right around and form a government with the DUP?

Strong and Stable...

Strong and Stable...

Strong and... member when Arlene Foster flushed half a billion quid down the toilet?

I don't member, but it paints a lovely comic in my brain of a dump truck filled with paper bills that has crashed through a wall into an old lady's bathroom and the old lady is carefully working the controls to dump the money down the toilet which has a big funnel attached to it. Looks like a Giles comic. Anyways, it'd probably cause a slight case of blockage.
Enlightened political post: COMPLETE

5nlls9h1el2z.png

This is going to go well...

FINAL RESULTS:

GOVERNMENT (Majority+2)
Conservatives 318
+DUP (Support) 10

OPPOSITION
Labour 261
SNP 35
Liberal Democrats 12
Sinn Fein 7
Plaid Cymru 4
Green 1
Independent 1

Let's have a look at disproportionate representation, shall we?

Tories: 42.4% of vote = 48.9% of seats
Labour: 40% of vote = 40.2% of seats
SNP: 3% of vote = 5% of seats
LibDems: 7.4% of vote = 1.8% of seats
DUP: 0.9% of vote = 1.5% of seats
SF: 0.7% of vote = 1.1% of seats
PC: 0.5% of vote = 0.6% of seats
Green: 1.6% of vote = 0.2% of seats
UKIP: 1.8% of vote = 0% of seats

The SDLP, UUP, Alliance Party, Yorkshire Party and National Health Action Party, together held 1% of the vote, and have not a single seat between them. This adds up to ~32% misrepresented votes. This voting system is only helping one party. FPTP is supposed to guarantee a strong government, but our government is weaker than ever!

We need PR now.

I need to understand the British vote.
When does the next season of Mock The Week start?

Vultural said:
I need to understand the British vote.
When does the next season of Mock The Week start?

It literally just started with the election special :D

He's the Prime Minister Britain deserves. But not the one it needs right now. So we'll outvote him, because he can take it. Because he's not a politician. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight.

_96414072_buckethead.jpg

Zamros said:
He's the Prime Minister Britain deserves. But not the one it needs right now. So we'll outvote him, because he can take it. Because he's not a politician. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight.

_96414072_buckethead.jpg

He must do battle with Ukraine's Darth Vader, who unsuccessfully ran for president a few years back, on a platform of "retake Crimea, and then the Galaxy."

rtr3j3vu.jpg

This was actually a thing that happened, by the way.

matrixgrindhouse said:
He must do battle with Ukraine's Darth Vader, who unsuccessfully ran for president a few years back, on a platform of "retake Crimea, and then the Galaxy."

This was actually a thing that happened, by the way.

I'd still vote for him over Yanukovych's Ilk.

nintchdbpict0003313204271.jpg

MayBot SyS: Initialising Wave of Mexicans... ERROR ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE

Master.jpg

The world's fine, I dunno what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom